Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Griffith Dentistry: Admissions General Discussion

MrWhippe

Dumb but important question - the only thing I need to do for Griffith Dentistry's submission is put it in my QTAC/UAC form right? Just checking that there's no extra criterion I need to complete for eligibility, as would hate to be tripped up due to missing something.

Reactions: Cal
Dumb but important question - the only thing I need to do for Griffith Dentistry's submission is put it in my QTAC/UAC form right? Just checking that there's no extra criterion I need to complete for eligibility, as would hate to be tripped up due to missing something.

thats it

tdnii

Hey everyone, I have a full time year all HDs so assuming gpa 7 but just wondering since I'm from Monash would my HDs that are below 85 be converted to a distinction when applying for Griffith. How would this effect my gpa.
RMIT transcript has both grade(HD, D) and mark(83,80...) as well, I have sent an email to Griffith about this but haven't heard anything back yet.

hanzo22

I emailed the Griffith medical/dental department asking about the GPA calculation. I recently did my honours and got an 83%. This is regarded as a first class in my uni, but I was worried that griffith would convert it to a second class (i.e. GPA 6) after reading some of these forums. They said "there is no conversion back to Griffith grades, each university has differing grading schema and the honours call is taken at face value".
This implies that whatever is recorded on the transcript will be what they use (I'm guessing?)

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
hey guys does Griffith need to be first preference in order to be considered for dent?

If you think you may qualify for multiple offers in the Griffith Dent QTAC (or UAC) round, then yes, it’ll need to be first preference if indeed it is your first preference. Ie. if you’re applying through QTAC and would actually prefer UQ Dent, then UQ Dent should be your first preference... if Griffith is your top choice then it should be your first preference.

Furthermore, if Griffith Dent is your third preference but you do not qualify for offers to your first and second preferences, but you do for Griffith Dent, then you will receive the Griffith Dent offer.

MrWhippe

When are we anticipating Griffith's dentistry offer round? I believe last year it was Jan ~15, though they also have an offer round December ~20

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
When are we anticipating Griffith's dentistry offer round? I believe last year it was Jan ~15, though they also have an offer round December ~20
It’s the first January offer round for both UAC and QTAC, whatever date that is for this year.

A1

Rookie Doc
Hello, just wondering, is it generally harder to get into Griffith Dent or UQ dent? I tried looking on the collated thread but it appears to be Uni GPA's for Griffith so I was a little confused.

These two schools use different selection formulas so not possible to compare directly which one is harder. Griffith selects on ATAR/GPA alone so is harder for students with less than 99.60/6.80. UQ selects on Rank 99 plus a competitive UCAT, is harder for students with less than 90%ile.

In your opinion is it generally harder to get 99.60/6.8+, or 99.0/6.5+ together with 90+%ile UCAT?

tdnii

Keep us updated pls!
I got the email back from Griffith today. Griffith only looks at the grades on your transcript, not your score from my understanding.
I have attached the conversation between me and the admission staff from Griffith.

Me:
Dear Mary,

thanks for the email. It seems that I've met all the prerequisites, that's great news for me.

I have one more question about the GPA calculation. How will the GPA calculated by Griffith? Is it based on the score (0-100) on my transcript or the grade description(HD, D and so on)?

Because students at Flinders need to get 85 or above to get HD, however at RMIT, the score is only 80.

Griffith:
Response By Email (Mary Forster) (09/12/2019 01.32 PM)
Hi Gao,
It is based on the grades.
Regards

Mary Forster | Senior Manager, Domestic Admissions

Lisa15

Lurker
Hi,

I applied to Griffith University via QTAC with a gpa 7, however, my entry requirements still says pending even when I have satisfied all the Prerequisites and Institution Admission Rules? Is this normal?

Thanks

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi,

I applied to Griffith University via QTAC with a gpa 7, however, my entry requirements still says pending even when I have satisfied all the Prerequisites and Institution Admission Rules? Is this normal?

Thanks
Yes, it just means they are yet to assess your application. I wouldn’t panic until it gets to January, if I were you. :)

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
What were the roundabouts of the ATAR that was needed for entry into Griffith Dent in recent years?
It was 99.8 last year (at least for first round offers) - presumably because the majority of position went to non-standard applicants.

A1

Rookie Doc
What were the roundabouts of the ATAR that was needed for entry into Griffith Dent in recent years?

Previous years were 99.50-.60, last year it jumped to 99.80. I read somewhere almost all offers last year went to non-standards since school leavers with 99.80 preferred to get Griffith med instead.

has anyone applied for griffith (as their first pref) and got a 6.85+ gpa over 1 year FTE (8 subjects) who did NOT get an offer ?
On website: This program is quota managed for which there is a limited number of places available to ensure that sufficient resources are available to support the students. Meeting the admission requirements for this program may not result in an applicant receiving an admission offer. ATAR: 99.80.
I believe the cut off for 2019 non standard was 6.85, so im interested to see what quotas they refer to - and how u would not get an offer even if you meet the requirements (or it cud just be a legal thing they have to write in case something fks up)
A1 Crow Yamster

Cal

vibe
has anyone applied for griffith dent (as their first pref) and got a 6.85+ gpa over 1 year FTE (8 subjects) who did NOT get an offer ?
On website: This program is quota managed for which there is a limited number of places available to ensure that sufficient resources are available to support the students. Meeting the admission requirements for this program may not result in an applicant receiving an admission offer. ATAR: 99.80.
I believe the cut off for 2019 non standard was 6.85, so im interested to see what quotas they refer to - and how u would not get an offer even if you meet the requirements (or it cud just be a legal thing they have to write in case something fks up)
A1 Crow Yamster
I think they have to say this; because they list the "admission requirements" as the cutoff from the previous years; so with this in mind it makes sense that you are not guarenteed entry even if you get the previous years cut off.