Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

griffith dentistry - stuff to get done b4 enrollment

Hi everyone.
I've been offered a place to study dentistry at griffith this year. I'm just getting a little worried about stuff to get done before enrolling beccause I'm going overseas next week and wont be back till close-to-going-to-uni-date. I know that I will need to get the senior first aid certificate. But what are some other things that I need to get done? I've heard that you need to get immunised and something called blue slips ??? If these are required... how do you go about getting these?
Also----
I will be getting my first aid certificate mid feb... is this leaving it too late?
does the uni send you enrollment booklet? and do you apply online on the uni website?
When does uni start for first year students?
thanks in advance :) :)

Bluebird

No you don't need all that stuff in until the start of 2nd semester. They'll give you all the forms once you start, and they help you arrange blue cards and stuff. Don't even worry about it.

ensuite...[or no ensuite]???:rolleyes:
lol~ I've applied for no ensuite....GUV but having second thoughts about it coz people are saying its a rip off and the quality of accomodation is not so good.... T.T I went for GUV coz I really want to enjoy my first year meeting new people!! What about you? have you applied somewhere?

No you don't need all that stuff in until the start of 2nd semester. They'll give you all the forms once you start, and they help you arrange blue cards and stuff. Don't even worry about it.
Thank you!

just realised something~

Hey guys just realised something...
all my questions are answered on the yellow sheets that we got when we went to the interview :) (found it when I was tidying my room)
I think the uni organises everything for you when you have orientation week except for senior first aid cert.

Rah.

Oh no! I've lost that yellow sheet. Is is possible for someone to scan it and post it here? Many thanks in advance! ^_^ (btw, enrolment packs, anybody? I still haven't recieved mine yet >.<")

abc101

Hey just a quick question... What happens after you accept an offer (for Griffith dent) on the QTAC online service? How does the uni contact you and when?

mj23

Hey just a quick question... What happens after you accept an offer (for Griffith dent) on the QTAC online service? How does the uni contact you and when?

We're supposed to recieve a letter from griffith with enrolment details within 2 weeks of the release of offers (according to the qtac lady)

Shizzy

Staff
Administrator
Hey guys you can go check out your units/timetable now if you want. If you dont know how ill let you know

Shizzy

Staff
Administrator
Ok, i dont think you can enter your choices right now but you can still plan. Ill update this post in a few mins with details.

---
Edit:
Ok so to find out the courses you need to do you go to your program structure page:
For Dent: Here
For Med Sci: Here

Ok luckily you guys have 4 courses the same, these are the Foundation Year of Health courses. (1006PSY, 1014MSC, 1005MSC, 1013ENV)
Medical Science has one more elective that you'll need to find the code for.

Now the easiest way to figure this out is go to: Here (time table search)
Enter your 4 (or 5) codes (ie: 1006PSY) into this form. Make sure semester 1 and Gold Coast are selected. Now search.

OK dont freak out from the huge mess you see. Each of your subjects is colour coded and at the bottom you'll see a visual of the timetable. Go Down to the bottom and click Clear All Checkboxes and then Update timetable grid. Ok Now, for each subject you'll see a list of lectures, tutorials and labs. Lectures are in bold. You have to select (click checkbox) of one lecture group for each subject. Then you'll have to pick one lab and one tute (if the subject has both) for each subject. Now this will take some time but as you check boxes, click update grid again to see if it all fits nicely. After many hours you'll find something good. Haha. Ill whip up an example that i think works well.

--
Also if you find a time table that works well for you, make note of the lecture codes (this is the primary class) and also the tutorial and lab codes. You will use these codes to enroll later in Griffith Portal.

Last edited:

Shizzy

Staff
Administrator
Oh one more thing. Very important, or youll confuse yourself.
The lab for 1013ENV 1014MSC and 1005MSC should all be the same.
There are 12 weeks of labs and each subject will use 4 of them. So make sure you pick the same lab time for each subject (you'll notice they have the same times and rooms). They will appear to overlap on the visual table but they are on different weeks.

--
Edit, incase anyone is wondering, technically you could pick 3 different times but why make it difficult for yourself?

Last edited:

Shizzy

Staff
Administrator
i am extremly confused. . . . .

Yeah its confusing.

Also having had a quick look you guys could get Monday off and only a single 1hr lecture on friday. Trust me you could spend hours figuring out the best time table. It gets easier in later years because you have less and less choice.