Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Dentistry - The Great Debate

bigheadache99

hi i was just wondering if any one has gotten into griffith dent after completing a uni degree or half way through a degree. i was wondering if this is possible, say if i do the umat and do very well? If anyone has, can you please let me know what degree you studied and what kind of marks you needed in both your degree and umat to gain entry. And what else can i do on my part to be accepted (is relevent work experience considered?). any replies would be greatly appreciated i'm not sure how else to get this kind of info THANKS :)

Don't worry abt it - as long as you do the umat & attend the interview, your chances of getting some sort of an offer's pretty high. The admission standard of GU Dent sch is very, very flexible even though its nearly $100K fees for the last 2 yrs are def. not.

Veon

You don't like GU Dent; we get it.

Pay me the compliment of believing me when I say that you can rest assured that we will keep it in mind.

bigheadache99

You don't like GU Dent;

From this thread, you can see that I'd reserved my comments for abt 7+ months (while putting up with baseless ridicule) to let the evidence of GU Dent's increasingly shite standards hit the fan in 2007 before coming here to say "I told ya so" or something to the effect. Give me credit for self-control, at least.

we get it. Pay me the compliment of believing me when I say that you can rest assured that we will keep it in mind.

What's with the "We"?
Why do I get a feeling you're being a tad defensive?

I'm also railing against the extortionate price of the GDent. You'd be thanking me instead.

Last edited:

Veon

So one person got in with ~85. Get over it. It is hardly the average score.
La Trobe's average is not 98.55 that's the first round cutoff.

I got in because right after the first round, people were dropping the offers like mad. Why? Because it's Bendigo, because it's La Trobe and because it's not prestigious.
It's because we'll get posted out to places like Shepparton or Albury to be doing our clinical placements. It's because the course is so new they don't even have any pictures of the school for anyone to look at. They have virtually zero information regarding their program, in terms of course structure or how well equipped the facilities are. And so forth. I know a person with ~95.45 that got into it. I don't know anything about the 3rd round cutoff being higher than the 2nd round one.

I'd emphatically have to say, "bullocks" to that.
I guess i'd have to say; prove me wrong.
Where's the stats that show higher ENTER = better doctor/dentist?

Man it's a bit early and i'm getting tired because I know this is just going to go around and around.
We both agree GU costs too much, right?
You think a really high cutoff is important. I don't.
You think GU offers a substandard dental education. I don't.

Seriously, dude, what else is there? I flick through your posts and this is all I see. Post after post, attacking GU Dent. Surely you can't expect it to change anyone's mind, and with such ridiculous elitist nonsense, evidently you are not looking to have a discussion, so I can only conclude that you're rubbishing something just so you can feel better about the 'quality' of students at wherever it is you study.

A slur at the institution regarding the 'quality' of people they accept is a direct stab at its students (me).

Bah, I had more to write but I feel like i'm just repeating myself and wasting time.

The ENTER/OP ranking system for selection into courses is a joke. They should all be thresholds and then on the basis of an interview, like Adelaide.

Your school will produce better dentists, you're a better student than everyone else, you have prestige, you're smarter/sexier/funnier than I am, etc, etc.

Whatever, i'm gonna go make some breakfast.

blindspot

There is no direct link between high scores in year 12 and doing good in uni or being a good doctor/dentist. It means nothing. It's a rank.

I can't remember the sources off the top of my head, but I do remember the Medical Admissions showing prospective medical students at my university a number of UK studies showing a very strong correlation between secondary education performance/ GPA and success as a doctor (as a means to justify the University's strong emphasis on GPA when selecting medical students).
Obviously 'success' was defined slightly differently in each of the studies, but the definitions were similar nevertheless.

There is a clear correlation, whether this can be narrowed to a 'direct link' is another question.

Not all with a medical/ dental degree will become clinicians. Some will venture into the realms of academia, research, teaching etc all of which are underpinned by exceptional GPAs.

blindspot

The ENTER/OP ranking system for selection into courses is a joke. They should all be thresholds and then on the basis of an interview, like Adelaide.

I beg to differ. A threshold basis is ideal only when the supply is infinity, and when medical schools are exclusively interested in training clinicians who do not participate in any form of research or higher learning. There are many types of doctors. Not all doctors want to become brilliant GPs with brilliant interpersonal/ communication skills (I'm by no means trying to discount the importance of GPs!).

Edit: second sentence, "and [when] medical..."

Last edited:

bigheadache99

So one person got in with ~85. Get over it. It is hardly the average score.
La Trobe's average is not 98.55 that's the first round cutoff.

Re-read what I said, the 3rd round cut-off is in the mid-high 97s - if VTAC is to be believed as I called them up.

I got in because right after the first round, people were dropping the offers like mad. Why? Because it's Bendigo, because it's La Trobe and because it's not prestigious.

They certainly didn't drop it for GU - except you of course. ^_^
CSP vs CSP+$96K+ @ GU. The choice's clear to me and to most folks whose middlename isn't megabuck$, like you.

I know a person with ~95.45 that got into it. I don't know anything about the 3rd round cutoff being higher than the 2nd round one.

It so happens that I know several pple @ La Trobe Dent Sch. I can say that nearly everyone of the cohort's from Melb.

Care to PM me the identity of this person with 95.45 who got into LT? You realise that SEAS & rural ENTER bonus don't count, right?

Comestic problems with La Trobe Dent sch aside, at least, the dent students there're not gonna be paying thru their little noses for the pomp & the glitz like they do @ GU Dent sch. You know you GU Dent students are financing the costs of GU's new medical school right?

I guess i'd have to say; prove me wrong.
Where's the stats that show higher ENTER = better doctor/dentist?

There's none because the definition of a "better doc" is subjective and non-quantifiable. Besides, there're also no studies proving that non-academic selectors are better than ENTER selection.

...and that's why these non-academic selectors're now being poo-pooed by the powers-that-be. :lol: You prolly won't like what AustralianDoctor, members of the AMA, the UQ, and USyd med websites has stated abt the upcoming changes to admission and the rationale behind them.

We both agree GU costs too much, right?
You think a really high cutoff is important. I don't.
You think GU offers a substandard dental education. I don't.

The main reason why doctors and dentists are in such exalted positions in society (and earning big $) is because of the perceived toughness and breadth of their education and that not every tom, dork & harry off the streets can be in those professions or do what they do. IMO, GU Dent Sch has marginalised the standing of Australian dentists by catering to the financially capable more than anything else. The mediocre ENTER of the typical GU Dent student is a side-effect of such a selection due to the small cohort size of pple actually able and willing to pay a small fortune for "dental" training @ GU.

A slur at the institution regarding the 'quality' of people they accept is a direct stab at its students (me).

You're being precious.
I, for one, believe that there're actually hapless but brilliant students @ GU. Of course, as more dent schs open up utilising academic rankings (e.g. lovely CSU & JCU), the proportion of "brilliant" students going to GU Dent Sch will diminish exponentially in time.

Don't wanna spoil your fun (and breakfast) but I can assure you that Adel Uni Dent Sch has far more dent students with better academic rankings than GU, in spite of their sad use of non-academic selectors (which, might I add, is just for show to make it look like Mr & Mrs John Q Public Smith's hard-partying Mary-Ann actually stood a chance with her 90 percentile and that it's not elitist). I'd wait a few more years before Adel Uni finally grows some balls and follow the lead of UQ & USyd by doing away with the populist charade.

Lastly, I don't think there was ever a time when 10-20% of the Adel Uni dental cohort failed 1 or more yr 1 basic sci like the wealthy Dent Sci folks over @ GU. You know why? The good ol' quality control - academic ranking, which GU Dent Sch & its loyalists pretend is not important.

Last edited:

Nashinator

Please, guys - I don't think there's any need to get personal and start making cheap calls. I'm all for debate but make sure it doesn't cross the line - we're all in it together :)

bigheadache99

Not all with a medical/ dental degree will become clinicians. Some will venture into the realms of academia, research, teaching etc all of which are underpinned by exceptional GPAs.

And also, "good" people-skills and bedside manners can and have been acquired to suitable levels during med sch and intern years without any drama in the past.

To put it lightly, these non-academic selectors were really a non-solution to a non-problem (that scholars aren't touchy-feely enough and so make lousy health professionals). In fact, many medical practitioners themselves have found that selection scheme highly-questionable, going by what have been written in the editorials and readers' feedback in the AustralianDoctor publication.

At the end of the day, medicine is a rigorous, lifelong academic pursuit requiring above-average intellectual stamina, acuity and superior academic ability. "Aspiration/super peopleskill" won't pass exams or ensure optimal competency.

I feel that non-academic selectors should only be used on those who DO NOT meet the minimum academic grade for a given cohort of medical school applicants. That way, these non-competitive applicants're given the opportunity to justify and prove their suitability for a career in medicine via non-academic means since it's clear that academia is not their "strength". It's also cheaper that way rather than questioning the "motivations" and "suitability" of the entire cohort. At the same time, the importance of a sound general education and of course, academic achievement are not devalued or downplayed as they're right now with the non-academic selection schemes.

Last edited:

n33b

FIRST!!!
IMO, GU Dent Sch has marginalised the standing of Australian dentists by catering to the financially capable more than anything else. The mediocre ENTER of the typical GU Dent student is a side-effect of such a selection due to the small cohort size of pple actually able and willing to pay a small fortune for "dental" training @ GU.

By your logic, the Melb Uni dental course must be even weaker than the supposed oh-so-weak program at Griffith. You're aware that the majority of Melb Uni's BDSc's students are enrolled as full-fee students? The majority (30/45 I think) of them pay $30 grand more ($160K) than we do at Griffith for the entire degree. Therefore, they must have medicore ENTERs which is a side-effect of the few number of people who actually would pay that much for it. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine got into their DSc program and she got an enter of 93ish? with a UMAT of 280 (total %). I think she actually got in CSP as well =O so that means she was one of the top 15? Wow, a person got in with low 90s and was considered top 15, what a terrible university that must be!

You assume that the higher the cost of a degree, the worse the program+uni+future graduates are. Common sense to me spells out the complete opposite: more $ = better facilities, better teachers, better everything. Of course, I'm not saying Melb and Griffith are better than all the other dental schools here (well Melb might be I guess lol) but I would expect them to have better facilities, though probably only slightly better than the rest, considering the standard of all dental programs would be similar in the sense that they all meet ADC's accreditation policies. Yeah, believe it or not, our supposed terrible "dental" training at GU actually got past this accreditation despite graduating completely ignorant, pathetic excuses for dentists. I guess they must've bribed the board with all that $! :D

BTW, what about the dental colleges in USA and other countries? I looked up a completely random univeristy's (Uni of Florida) page for their dental program. It says the fees are about $21,150 pa which is USD, so the whole degree over there costs a little less than GU and MelbU. Keep in mind that this is a post-grad degree, so people must pay all this ON TOP of everything they had already payed for in the UG degree! Wow, I guess this means all the US dental degrees must be complete garbage. I'd sure as hell hate to graduate from there :eek: well I *suppose* it might mean these unis just exploit people wanting to do such degrees because they know people will usually think "it's worth it" and end up filling their spots. Hmm... yeah maybe. Our unis seem to be copying those in the US more and more these days, what with the making medicine and dentistry post-grad entry only (hint hint Melb U), and charging such ridiculous amounts for these degrees. Ah well.

Lastly, I don't think there was ever a time when 10-20% of the Adel Uni dental cohort failed 1 or more yr 1 basic sci like the wealthy Dent Sci folks over @ GU.

Hmm, proof? Something tells me that isn't entirely correct. Oh and suppose it IS true, how in god's name would that prove that the GU program is lacking? I can look at it from this angle and be correct: GU's dental program is more difficult to pass than that of Ad Uni. Therefore, GU's graduates are more hard working than those from Ad Uni. If 10-20% of GU's students are failing 1st year subjects then they probably won't even graduate as the work load becomes much bigger later on, so don't worry, your teeth will be safe. So I guess the system works: their dental graduates have passed the test which, according to the ADC, meets all the requirements for producing a well-taught dentist. I'm sure the ADC knows better than you and I (and everyone on this board put together!) so their decision is ultimately more accurate.

PS: I noticed something on that Uni of Florida website and thought :eek:: "Bottom Line: For 2007-08, the total cost of attendance (rent, meals, clothing, transportation, tuition, textbooks, instruments, computer, etc.) for the University of Florida College of Dentistry DMD program is just over $44,000/year for residents of the state of Florida."

and I thought I had it bad :lol:

Last edited:

westenra

their sad use of non-academic selectors (which, might I add, is just for show to make it look like Mr & Mrs John Q Public Smith's hard-partying Mary-Ann actually stood a chance with her 90 percentile and that it's not elitist).

:) Exactly. It's a shame so many people choose not to see the situation for what it is.

At the end of the day, medicine is a rigorous, lifelong academic pursuit requiring above-average intellectual stamina, acuity and superior academic ability. "Aspiration/super peopleskill" won't pass exams or ensure optimal competency.

Hear, hear.

Hasho

The main reason why doctors and dentists are in such exalted positions in society (and earning big $) is because of the perceived toughness and breadth of their education and that not every tom, dork & harry off the streets can be in those professions or do what they do.

I totally agree with you there mate. But i guess it's because of the Australian government's 'desperate need' to repsond to doctor/dentist shortages and, in my opinion, undertaking too many unnecessary measures (maybe because they want to look as if they're doing something). Suddenly there are tens of medical/dental schools popping up all over the country. As a result, the profession loses its exclusivity, which has always been one of its major drawcards. Poor us.

bigheadache99

Abbz, you're making some very inane statements and comparisons.

By your logic, the Melb Uni dental course must be even weaker than the supposed oh-so-weak program at Griffith. You're aware that the majority of Melb Uni's BDSc's students are enrolled as full-fee students?

You're either out of your mind or trying to get cute by comparing the Go8 Dent Schs & no-namers like GU. It's a comparison of apples with oranges.

Based on the fact that it's UniMelb, AdelUni, UQ or any other Go8 uni dent prog, it'd AUTOMATICALLY attract the very best applicants nationwide who'd pay fees to get in, if they've to - and understandably so, due to those dent schs' pedigree. Even the fee-paying applicants there're head and shoulders above the average "CSP+$96K" GU dent student and I don't say that in jest. You want to know what the minimum OP is for the fee-paying UQ BDSc all these years? 1 (ENTER 99+).

Face it, @GU Dent Sch, on the other hand, you get many folks who won't stand a chance @ any other dent sch via UMAT and/or ENTER.

I guess they must've bribed the board with all that $! :D

How'd you know they didn't? ;)
Recently, even an entire city council got sacked for corruption. So, nothing is immune from corruption. It's not corruption or graft until someone's caught.

BTW, what about the dental colleges in USA and other countries? I looked up a completely random univeristy's (Uni of Florida) page for their dental program. It says the fees are about $21,150 pa which is USD, so the whole

Folks in the US, PAY for their college education. It has always been that way. There're massive Federal & private student loan programmes (SallieMae) there to fund college studies and it's usual for the avg US college grad to have a US$50K-60K debt whereas the professional grads've over US$180K debts. Unlike what we've in Australia, US taxpayers don't subsidise tertiary education at all.

http://usinfo.state.gov/journals/itsv/1105/ijse/costs.htm

"Attending a college or university in the United States is very expensive. A year at a prominent four-year university can cost almost $50,000, and this does not include the extra costs of housing, transportation, and other living expenses."

If 10-20% of GU's students are failing 1st year subjects then they probably won't even graduate as the work load becomes much bigger later on, so don't worry, your teeth will be

Unless you're telling me that the GU Dent prog. is a watered-down version of a real Aussie dent prog, dent progs're ALL demanding and intensive or at least they're supposed to be.

..and so, the question to ask is why've these mediocre students been selected by the GU Dent Sch for such a demanding prog. to begin with? A prog, might I add, which they appear to struggling to pass on their own steam in Yr1 for god's sake. Is academic mediocrity a new quality that the GU Dent Sch believes make good dentists who're supposed to be life-long learners?

Can you say profiteering by GU? Seems like these students're there because of their ability to pay fees rather than academic merit or other personal strengths relevant to being an Australian dentist. If you can't see anything wrong with this scenario, then this must be a new kind of meritocracy you subscribe to, which I find rather frightening.

Last edited:

n33b

FIRST!!!
Abbz, you're making some very inane statements and comparisons.

You're either out of your mind or trying to get cute by comparing the Go8 Dent Schs & no-namers like GU. It's a comparison of apples with oranges.

Based on the fact that it's UniMelb, AdelUni, UQ or any other Go8 uni dent prog, it'd AUTOMATICALLY attract the very best applicants nationwide who'd pay fees to get in, if they've to - and understandably so, due to those dent schs' pedigree. Even the fee-paying applicants there're head and shoulders above the average "CSP+$96K" GU dent student and I don't say that in jest. You want to know what the minimum OP is for the fee-paying UQ BDSc all these years? 1 (ENTER 99+).
Well you keep saying that because of how expensive it is, GU is terrible. You assume charging a lot corresponds to bad teaching. Well, Melb U charges more. Therefore you should assume it's worse, you're contradicting your own views. Also, believe me, if those Unis charged that much for pharmacy or radiography, no one would be doing them. People aren't paying that much coz its Go8, but coz it's DENTISTRY. Same thing with GU. Oh and here's a generalisation for you, since you seem to love those. I got a TER higher than the only person I know who got in dentistry in Melb U. Therefore, all students in GU must be more capable of becoming good dentists than students in Melb U.

I'm sure the vast majority of GU students are with me when I say, if someone offered me dental surgery @ Adel U right now for full fees, I'd turn it down. I would rather save 70 grand and stay at GU. Why? We don't care what Uni we're in, we just want an accreditted dental degree. According to the ADC, what Uni you choose is irrelevant, you'll be able to practise dentistry as long as you're registered.

Face it, @GU Dent Sch, on the other hand, you get many folks who won't stand a chance @ any other dent sch via UMAT and/or ENTER.
Yes, you will notice the fact that our scores (UMAT in particular) may be lower than the Go8 dentistry students. Why? "You can register with either course. Why choose the one that's more expensive?" Most GU applicants will take up an offer from any other dental program as long as it's CSP. So all these people are lost and GU take up the "next best" in line. I really doubt the difference in ability to become a good dentist is any higher for someone who got 98+ than it is for someone who got 95-98. Also a point that's worth mentioning, many people (including myself) don't even apply to the GU dental course, thinking it's not quite dentistry. I know 3 people who've wanted to do dentistry, one of which did apply to GU, the other (me) who thought "oh this is a 3 year degree, can't be dentistry" and ignored it (happened last year, but UMAT was too low anyway so nothing lost), and the last who also thought UQ was the only dental school in QLD but luckily she knew about me so I told her that if she read the info she'd notice the stuff it says about GDip in Dentistry.

How'd you know they didn't? ;)
Recently, even an entire city council got sacked for corruption. So, nothing is immune from corruption. It's not corruption or graft until someone's caught.
.........I'm not even gonna dignify that with a response (other than that one <<< and this one!)

Unless you're telling me that the GU Dent prog. is a watered-down version of a real Aussie dent prog, dent progs're ALL demanding and intensive or at least they're supposed to be.
Don't know how you could've possibly jumped to that conclusion. Like I said, if GU students are failing, it's only proving that the program IS demanding and intensive, and can in no way imply the opposite.

..and so, the question to ask is why've these mediocre students been selected by the GU Dent Sch for such a demanding prog. to begin with? A prog, might I add, which they appear to struggling to pass on their own steam in Yr1 for god's sake. Is academic mediocrity a new quality that the GU Dent Sch believes make good dentists who're supposed to be life-long learners?
Maybe they're not "mediocre", rather second only to Go8 dentistry students (med students aside)? If they're all struggling to pass first year then they won't graduate at all. Maybe GU just chooses them to get more money then just dump them by saying we don't have enough spots for you failures as all our dental chairs are taken? You realise they have a policy that enables them to expel you from the program if you fail to get a passing grade (specially at the later years of the programs).

Can you say profiteering by GU? Seems like these students're there because of their ability to pay fees rather than academic merit or other personal strengths relevant to being an Australian dentist. If you can't see anything wrong with this scenario, then this must be a new kind of meritocracy you subscribe to, which I find rather frightening.
Suppose you were correct about GU students being apparently less able than everyone else in the universe. How does that affect the teaching and facilities of the school? It doesn't. If they're that stupid they simply won't pass. Why? The program is designed and approved as one which graduates Australian standard dentists. IMO you don't need to be a 99.95 student to pass this, rather they take the spots ahead of the others as the Uni loves them more (though this can't be considered a rule of thumb due to UMAT and interview). Either way, it doesn't change the quality of the program at all.

sckimvip

So far ive seen 4 99s 1 98s 2 97s and only one 95. Ive never seen anyone lowere than 95 so far. I believe they are academically capable

bigheadache99

So far ive seen 4 99s 1 98s 2 97s and only one 95. Ive never seen anyone lowere than 95 so far. I believe they are academically capable

Firstly, yours is a very tiny sample. GU Dent Sch actually had abt ~80 "dent sci" students in 2007. I'm sure you'd find the bulk of <95 avg somewhere in there. Make more frens.

I dunno abt the 2008 yr1 cohort as my acquaintances/frens're in yr2 now. But in 2007, there were a substantial (16 that they knew of) bit of <92 in the dent sci prog.

bigheadache99

Well you keep saying that because of how expensive it is, GU is terrible. You assume charging a lot corresponds to bad teaching.

Wrong. Here's what I stated in the forum:
"A uni prog that relies on a paying captive audience's ethically flawed. Thus, the concept behind GU's BOralHDentSci/GDent prog's fundamentally unsound to begin with". GU Dent Sch appears to profiteer from its Dent prog by taking financial advantage of those with lesser academic abilities and who shouldn't even be in dent through selling them a dream of becoming a dentist. I find that morally repugnant and diminishes the standing of Australian dentists as a whole.

Well, Melb U charges more. Therefore you should assume it's worse, you're contradicting your own views. Also, believe me, if those Unis charged that much for pharmacy or radiography, no one would be doing them. People aren't paying that much coz its Go8, but coz it's DENTISTRY.

It's dentistry @ UniMelb =
(1) more recognition overseas (e.g. Singapore does not recognise GU Dent)
(2) pedigree & prestige
(3) perceived greater employability

UniMelb didn't get to where it's today and stay there by being shite and accepting non-competitive students for its elite courses.

I got a TER higher than the only person I know who got in dentistry in Melb U. Therefore, all students in GU must be more capable of becoming good dentists than students in Melb U.

And you still "chose" GU Dent Sch over CSP @ La Trobe in spite of agreeing with me over the excessive fees of GU's GDent. Let me ask you, how can I take you seriously? You must love throwing money away.

Don't even tell me abt less "credibility" with La Trobe becoz you yourself implied that no local dent sch gets approved unless it's legit. So, you've either made a mindnumbing mistake for rejecting La Trobe's offer or just couldn't get into La Trobe, which is more understandable and believable because I don't think that you're such an idiot yet. However, you're not making it easy for me not to treat you like one with all your contradictory statements, plain misinformation and irrelevant rhetorics.

I'm sure the vast majority of GU students are with me when I say, if someone offered me dental surgery @ Adel U right now for full fees, I'd turn it down. I would rather save 70 grand and stay at GU.

Methinks you're thrifty for the wrong reasons. But that's a fair view if you're cocksure of the value of GU's Dent prog to your career and to your non-GU dental colleagues.

Remember, just because it's an accreditated dent prog, doesn't mean potential employers will not/cannot harbour a bias against your GU Dent qualification.

I really doubt the difference in ability to become a good dentist is any higher for someone who got 98+ than it is for someone who got 95-98.

Your doubts don't matter really when the Dent Schs except GU, prefer to select high academic performers. No one's talking abt the ability of dentists based on their Y12 scores. Rather, I was telling you abt how the large proportion of mediocre GU dent students are failing Yr1 sci subjects and are not likely to graduate to become "good" dentists anytime soon... and that they've a commonality - the kind of extremely non-competitive Y12 results which exclude them from any other dental schs even for fee-paying places.

Being seen as 3rd-rate and having to buy one's way to an education has a negative stigma during job interviews. A GU Dent "education" as it stands, leads to this situation.

the last who also thought UQ was the only dental school in QLD but luckily she knew about me so I told her that if she read the info she'd notice the stuff it says about GDip in Dentistry.

Geez, I think you just screwed her up if she somehow went to GU Dent Sch on your advice rather than UQ (if she could've).

Besides, I don't think she'd enjoy financing the costs of the med sch through her ridiculously expensive GDent fees.

Also, in your opinion, why's GU's GDent (last 2 yrs) fee is $46,000+ /yr - the most expensive among the dent schs?

Don't know how you could've possibly jumped to that conclusion. Like I said, if GU students are failing, it's only proving that the program IS demanding and intensive, and can in no way imply the opposite.

No args there, mate because that proves GU Dent Sch has low admission standards to cater to cash cows who can afford the $100K fees and not because of any other personal merits suitable for the prog. You know, I can't foresee the GU Dent Sch failing a large portion of the Dent Sci cohort every year, so it won't be surprising if it finally decides to cut some corners with the dent sci prog. (not that I'm saying it has already happened). It's all logical.

Btw, pls do more research before you spout further nonsense to bolster your already ludicrous arguments, like your stunning ignorance of the US college education system. Critical thinking also wouldn't hurt.

Last edited: