Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith dentistry

B

bunghole

definitely don't quote me but i think this is how it works.

combo of umat and uai/op are used to rank students. they then give interviews to the highest ranking students. those slightly below the cutoff are put on a waiting list incase higher ranking students decline the interview offer.

i don't know how much weighting the interview has in the end but i'm pretty sure its rather significant. i had 95 uai and average umat. i did not make the primary cut for interviews but managed to get one and did really well as i had gained 4 years of health care exp since school and had plenty to talk about. i definitely was more confident going in than some of the school leavers i met on interview day. i told the interviewers (one senior student, one staff member) that it would probably be a challenge to get back into study routine but that i'm super keen to do the course and luckily for me they gave me a crack at it.

selfless

definitely don't quote me but i think this is how it works.

combo of umat and uai/op are used to rank students. they then give interviews to the highest ranking students. those slightly below the cutoff are put on a waiting list incase higher ranking students decline the interview offer.

i don't know how much weighting the interview has in the end but i'm pretty sure its rather significant. i had 95 uai and average umat. i did not make the primary cut for interviews but managed to get one and did really well as i had gained 4 years of health care exp since school and had plenty to talk about. i definitely was more confident going in than some of the school leavers i met on interview day. i told the interviewers (one senior student, one staff member) that it would probably be a challenge to get back into study routine but that i'm super keen to do the course and luckily for me they gave me a crack at it.
it seems almost as though the TER/umat are only used as cutoffs and the interview is worth 100% of the selection from there on. i've also heard the interview : place ratio is roughly 3:1, but that could just be a rumour.

BumbleBee

According to the griffith website:
'Selection of applicants for interview will be made on the basis of UMAT score only.
Provided that you are invited to interview and pass, final selection will into Oral health Therapy or Dental Science programs is based on pre-requisites being met and your academic qualification which will be ranked and combined to secondary criteria(UMAT score weighted at 50% and interview score weighted at 50%). A sliding scale and preferences will be used to offer places in Dentistry and Oral Health Therapy.'

Its all a bit wishy washy but if you can decipher it then there's your info(yy)

selfless

'Selection of applicants for interview will be made on the basis of UMAT score only.
Provided that you are invited to interview and pass, final selection will into Oral health Therapy or Dental Science programs is based on pre-requisites being met and your academic qualification which will be ranked and combined to secondary criteria(UMAT score weighted at 50% and interview score weighted at 50%). A sliding scale and preferences will be used to offer places in Dentistry and Oral Health Therapy.'

haha wow that's really poorly worded. so basically it's 50% umat and 50% interview. i'm guessing TER is simply used as a cutoff then.

not sure what the last bit about the sliding scale means...:huh:

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads