Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Interview Offers are out!!!!

UMAT Veteran

How the hell did that happen? Did you apply for a remark at all?

Nope, haven't applied for a remark....just got screwed by ACER...I guess they decided to give me a remark anyway (n)

UMAT Veteran

Hey, could someone do me a favour....Those who have gotten an interview offer and applied through QTAC, could you check your preferences to see if they have changed your minimum entry requirement information from not processed or not yet determined to 'Satisfied'

Strange request i know, but if they have changed them, then for those who are on the waiting list, they might be able to just sign in to see if they're going to get an offer instead of waiting for the postman everyday

godoftoast

Señor Member
Emeritus Staff
Bachelor of Medical Science (MBBS Provisional Entry for School-Leavers) - full-time - Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus
Start Month: March 2010 Prerequisites Satisfied ? Interview Processing of this information has not commenced. English (4,SA) Processing of this information has not commenced. Maths B (4,SA) Processing of this information has not commenced. Institution Admission Rules Status English Language Proficiency Yes

godoftoast

Señor Member
Emeritus Staff
They only start processing Year 12 results after final exams and Ops are out.

Note the above is for Griffith MedSci/MBBS which I have got an offer for from Griffith but Qtac hasn't updated anything.

drremy88

Wizard
Is it too late to apply for Griffith dent? I just realised I forgot to put it on my preferences on QTAC!!!

I dont think they consider late applications.

Try and contact them, and let them know what's happened. You might as well try something instead of just giving up. Put it on your QTAC, and give them a call, you might still be in time for second round interview offers. I rejected my dental science interview yesterday, and I doubt that they've started second round yet.

Give it a shot, you never know ^_^

heyooo i got an interview at griffith 4 dent UMAT 80% overall score 169 lol im so excitedddd!! im on the 30th :d does ne1 no what the interview is like and whats the logical thinking question?
thanksssss
.ninja..

godoftoast

Señor Member
Emeritus Staff
heyooo i got an interview at griffith 4 dent UMAT 80% overall score 169 lol im so excitedddd!! im on the 30th :d does ne1 no what the interview is like and whats the logical thinking question?
thanksssss
.ninja..

Just search for it. There are so many threads with info on it. <_<

UMAT Veteran

do u think its got to something with applying via UAC and Qtac and mayb they disqualified me?

i called up QTAC or UAC, i forget which one, and the lady said apply in both

The griffith website did say to only apply to one although i doubt they would have disqualified you.....What was your UMAT score?

If it's above 168 I would give Griffith a call and see what has happened.
Slso, when did you apply to QTAC/UAC? Was it before September 30?

victoryfc

yeh it was def in time
i havnt looked at my umat score yet as vce exams arent over, i will in a few days.

but i didnt get an offer from uni of adel to at GU the chances r pretti slim

UMAT Veteran

yeh it was def in time
i havnt looked at my umat score yet as vce exams arent over, i will in a few days.

but i didnt get an offer from uni of adel to at GU the chances r pretti slim

Well, like i said, I don't think they would have disqualified you for applying through both admission centres. Seeing as you haven't even looked at your UMAT results, and you haven't gotten an interview offer. It may be safe to assume that you fell somewhere below the cut-off (n) If you do check your results and find they're 168 or above, than there may be reason to worry about not getting an interviw. Let us know how it all goes when you check them. Best of Luck!

prince

anyone know the interview places to actual places ratio, cbfd looking a link, or a figure would be apprreciated, thanks

add

anyone know the interview places to actual places ratio, cbfd looking a link, or a figure would be apprreciated, thanks

There is approx. 70 places in the course. Not sure how many they interview, my guess is a couple of hundred.

Hi Guys!

Just letting you know that I got an interview offer from Griffith and Adelaide. They send you offers only by MAIL/POST but in my case, I hadn't heard anything (i.e. offers/rejections) from the universities so I called them. In Griffith's case, they had sent the letter to my address but the address that they showed me was half-baked.. there were like 3 address lines missing.

If you haven't heard from Griffith, it's worth emailing their Dental faculty:

[email protected]

I emailed them earlier today and got a response within 10 minutes!

To check whether or not you got into Adelaide, go to their website and check "application tracking". If you got an interview offer, you'll be able to choose a time and date for your interview! If not, then I don't really know what comes up.. :bored:

My raw UMAT score was 179 (91st percentile) and I got an IB score of 38. That puts me at an OP2 Ranking but a TER equivalent of 98. I also got an interview from Monash Uni for Med, but Dentistry is my first choice!

Hope this helps!

xx