Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

griffith interview Q's

search1ng

This is cutting it close as i have an interview in a few days. I've gone all over MSO in the hopes of finding all kinds potential questions they might ask but i was wondering if people could post what they know or have experienced? I'd like to really get into Griffith Dent and because my OP/UAI isn't really all that outstanding i figure i need to blow them away at the interview.

Any tips/help/List of Q's they may ask would be really appreciated. Thanks!

AznAssassin

This is cutting it close as i have an interview in a few days. I've gone all over MSO in the hopes of finding all kinds potential questions they might ask but i was wondering if people could post what they know or have experienced? I'd like to really get into Griffith Dent and because my OP/UAI isn't really all that outstanding i figure i need to blow them away at the interview.

Any tips/help/List of Q's they may ask would be really appreciated. Thanks!
We're in the same boat buddy. Need an epic interview to compensate for my possible OP3/4 (UAI 96 ~ 94).

Good luck!

search1ng

Oh my FCKING god.

Worst.
Interview.
Ever.

Can not stress this fact enough.

This is what happened:
I walk in, it starts good. I get some asian lady and an english lady. (No i'm not being racist) I swear this gets so ironic now. It starts well, scenario question, explain blah blah then she starts saying stuff and i honestly am confused at what she is saying... so i ask her to repeat, she starts to get a little heated. (You know the feeling -'omg! he being racist?!?!') Anyway she starts cutting me off when i'm trying to explain answers and states its for a lack of time and that they need to move on to the next question etc etc. It's really disrespectful, i didn't even get a chance to explain my thoughts. 'Answer the questions please'
'Well, as i was explaining-'
'No, the question was -'
'Oh? well i can relate to that...'
"Okay, i see. Sorry but we're a little short on time, we'll have to move onto the next question.'

Like what the fck, let me at least finish my explanation so you get the full panoramic picture instead of a tiny snapshot!

either way, interview is over. I feel like **** but hey, what can you do. Soldier on i guess, no use crying over milk that has been spilt. Doesn't make me feel that much better at the moment though.

Damnable Lady.

P.S there was a pretty attractive girl in my time group, was planning on getting her number after the interview but felt too crap to do anything afterwards. Thanks Lady!

... and damn me for not being more prepared.

jonneh

oh care to share what exactly were some of the questions?

any particular topic they focused on?

ToothFairy

How interesting.

My Interview actually went really well, and the interviewers were very friendly (white woman-clinical coordinator and indian dentist). This should be the case in most cases, i don't know what happened with SEARCH1NZ. How were you unprepared? did you not practice your answers to any potential questions that you could think of?

Btw, i have helped people a lot on mso, but i will not be submitting the interview questions online. As i am also a candidate, i'm sure some of you will understand this.

Hint: dental ethical issue, why oral health, know yourself well!, be honest in ur answers, the interviewers told me they are looking for the people who truly want to be a dentist-thats basically the whole reason for the interview & to see if you can think on ur feet, so know why u do want 2b1!!!

Shaq

Hey, my interviewers were also a white lady and an indian dentist....

Man they were so damn friendly!!!:)

search1ng

well i was prepared, but after shitty interviews like that it goes to show that you could have prepared some more. I got a white lady and an Asian lady, scenario question, then some personal. Overall pretty short, seemed like she was trying to rush it. Oh well, whats done is done. I'll write something up after offers are released. I am after all still hoping to get a position.

kingkong91

how long?

hey guys, how long did your interviews take? trying to work out what flight to catch home. and do you know the time taken from gold coast airport to griffith?

jonneh

folks. folks.

had mine today and a word of advice.

don't
ever
opt
for
phone
interview.

or maybe its just me cause my agent's office was so noisy and the lousy cordless phone with poor reception grrrrr

there goes my chances of getting into griff. out that window.

SharingIsCovalent

then she starts saying stuff and i honestly am confused at what she is saying...
i know what you mean...
i had a UWS med int...
and I had no idea what one of the men was saying...
i asked him to repeat the question, and he got all huffy... =(
so then i had to guess my answer, hoping it answered the question...

Anyway she starts cutting me off when i'm trying to explain answers and states its for a lack of time and that they need to move on to the next question etc etc.
as for this....
i'm pretty sure you should file a complaint or something.... =(
cos, they shouldn't be THAT slack...

what was the other interviewer doing?
was he just sitting there?
or did he get in on it?

also, search1ng...
your umat counts too...
so if your umat was good,
then it doesn't matter TOO much if you think you stuffed the int...

jonneh, dw...
i'm sure they took into consideration how annoying it was...
maybe the interviewers felt bad for making it hard for you, too!

and, remember...
you still need a good academic mark
(so hold on, don't give up!)

Katie973

well i was prepared, but after shitty interviews like that it goes to show that you could have prepared some more. I got a white lady and an Asian lady, scenario question, then some personal. Overall pretty short, seemed like she was trying to rush it. Oh well, whats done is done. I'll write something up after offers are released. I am after all still hoping to get a position.
What day was your interview?

aznboystar

anyone who was there yesterday (8th) at 3:15pm?
it was an interesting interview i must say. so wanna go there now. so new...only downside is that the LAN cafes arent too cheap. (4 bucks an hour. do i look like im made of money?)

neways, ill say more when the interviews are over.

mj23

I also had my interview yesterday. It went really well and the facilities are awesome there

bigheadache99

"or maybe its just me cause my agent's office was so noisy and the lousy cordless phone with poor reception grrrrr

"

Nah... you'll get in. I'm sure of it. The bar is much lower for intl students b/c there're less applicants. + you guys pays the $$$s.

D.o.n.'.t. .w.o.r.r.y.!

bigheadache99

I walk in, it starts good. I get some asian lady and an english lady. (No i'm not being racist) I swear this gets so ironic now. It starts well, scenario question, explain blah blah then she starts saying stuff and i honestly am confused at what she is saying... so i ask her to repeat,
Hmm, they are certainly more diverse now. I remember going for an interview way back in 2005 & them interviewers were white-as-bread.

She's Asian you say? What sort? South Asian (e.g. Indian, Sri-lankan?) perhaps?