Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Griffith Medicine: Medical Science/MD Provisional Entry Q&A

ag12

If any of you guys are going to NA, let me know. We are trying to organise a group chat before orientation.
Cool, I'm going to the GC campus and the people I know are too. I think there's a Nathan FB group for Med Sci if you search it up on fb. GC peeps also have a little chat going so anyone going to Griffith Med Sci at the GC campus, add me on discord above.

oof

hey guys, does anyone know how hard it is to maintain a gpa of at least 5.0 for the first 2 years?

Crow

Medical Student
hey guys, does anyone know how hard it is to maintain a gpa of at least 5.0 for the first 2 years?
I've not heard of a single person not progressing to the MD because they didn't meet the GPA requirement. So long as you show up to your classes and put in at least an ounce of study here and there, you'll likely be fine.

Reactions: oof

oof

I've not heard of a single person not progressing to the MD because they didn't meet the GPA requirement. So long as you show up to your classes and put in at least an ounce of study here and there, you'll likely be fine.
ok thanks!

I got an atar of 99.80 and am still waiting in hopes for an offer from griffith :(. Does it seem unlikely that any further offers will be made for the nathan and gc campuses?

oof

I got an atar of 99.80 and am still waiting in hopes for an offer from griffith :(. Does it seem unlikely that any further offers will be made for the nathan and gc campuses?
I received info on 4th feb from the program director that 27 students were going to Nathan and 39 to the Gold Coast campus (it might be less by now but I hope this gives you some idea) Wishing you good luck though🤞

sammyfa

I received info on 4th feb from the program director that 27 students were going to Nathan and 39 to the Gold Coast campus (it might be less by now but I hope this gives you some idea) Wishing you good luck though🤞
Why is there such a low number of 27 at Nathan do you think? Is it usually that small?

rorsa2003

Lurker
Highly unlikely as Griffith didn’t do any top ups last year. Also very unlikely because GC and Nathan are 99.95 for NSW so they’d top up with 99.90s/99.85s from NSW first.

Highly unlikely as Griffith didn’t do any top ups last year. Also very unlikely because GC and Nathan are 99.95 for NSW so they’d top up with 99.90s/99.85s from NSW first.
Thats unfortunate 😢. Thank you both!

oof

Why is there such a low number of 27 at Nathan do you think? Is it usually that small?
Hmm tbh I'm not sure either why there's lower numbers... maybe more people unenrolled from Nathan? From past years data though (I think its somewhere in this forum) there has been less interstate people at the Nathan Campus compared to the Gold Coast

ag12

Hmm tbh I'm not sure either why there's lower numbers... maybe more people unenrolled from Nathan? From past years data though (I think its somewhere in this forum) there has been less interstate people at the Nathan Campus compared to the Gold Coast
Not 100% sure but it could also be because international students may not be at the Nathan campus, but GC instead. Don't know if there aren't intl students at Nathan, but just a possibility

dentkate

Hi, I have looked at the student contribution fees on the courses I enrolled in the first trimester and it was calculated to be around $1000 per subjects which is a total of $5000 for the first trimester. When I looked at the website, it provides an indicative of $8000 per year. This is almost double what it said.
Is this correct? or I misunderstand anything?

A1

Retired Admissions Helper
it was calculated to be around $1000 per subjects which is a total of $5000 for the first trimester. When I looked at the website, it provides an indicative of $8000 per year.
The website was likely designed by IT staff/contractors who based it on the standard FTE 8 subjects per year. Your course comprises 5/5/4/5/5 trimesters (3 FTE years accelerated to 2 calendar years) so $5000 first trimester is correct.