• MSO wishes all applicants the best of luck in the UCAT!
    Remember, it is important not to post content about specific questions until this season is over (feel free to message a moderator about questions that we can collate later) but we would love to hear about your experiences and results!
    Cheers, Mana
    P.S. you can't dismiss this message

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Oral Health in Dental Science Class of 2017 Roll Call

UAV

Got my offer through QTAC before. Can't enrol yet I think because the server is flooded

:)

Worshipppp

I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how but I got an offer from QTAC for Griffith Oral health in Dental Science..... I am so happy right now :cry: My prayers have been answered. Thank you Jesus <3
[h=2][/h]

UAV

I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how but I got an offer from QTAC for Griffith Oral health in Dental Science..... I am so happy right now :cry: My prayers have been answered. Thank you Jesus <3
Awesome!! I'm a Kiwi too

Last edited:

UAV

@Worshipppp have you managed to enrol? I can't enrol only managed to accept my offer but when I enrol it says they are still processing it and to check back later.

belowmountfuji

@Worshipppp have you managed to enrol? I can't enrol only managed to accept my offer but when I enrol it says they are still processing it and to check back later.
No. I guess griffith is not yet ready for enrolment. Prob try it later today.

Btw I'm in 2nd year of Griffith dent. My husband just got his offer for dent and he couldn't enrol atm.

Congratz and welcome to Griffith University! (y)

If you've got any question abt the uni/course/accomm, pls feel free to ask/message me! ^_^

UAV

No. I guess griffith is not yet ready for enrolment. Prob try it later today.

Btw I'm in 2nd year of Griffith dent. My husband just got his offer for dent and he couldn't enrol atm.

Congratz and welcome to Griffith University! (y)

If you've got any question abt the uni/course/accomm, pls feel free to ask/message me! ^_^

Great news, I have sent a request to join the facebook group. (y)

I applied for University Village for Accommodation but a friend of mine was also accepted into Griffith. He is actually not sure if he will take the offer :wacko: So I guess I am somewhat undecided on accommodation.

Is University Village good? I heard it is a lot quieter.

belowmountfuji

Great news, I have sent a request to join the facebook group. (y)

I applied for University Village for Accommodation but a friend of mine was also accepted into Griffith. He is actually not sure if he will take the offer :wacko: So I guess I am somewhat undecided on accommodation.

Is University Village good? I heard it is a lot quieter.
I lived in uni village myself last yr and i'm happy with it. Quite a few my friends lived Uni village or Uni square, both are A LOT quieter than the on campus Griffith Uni Village. Uni village and Uni square are next to each other and about 10 min walk from the main campus. They are quite similar in price and room structure, except that in uni village three ppl share an apartment, while you've got a choice of 1, 2 or 3 ppl sharing in uni square.

If you decide on uni village, just make sure you tell the landlord to put you in a room facing the bush rather than the yard as there's a pool in the yard and could be a bit noisy.

The rent for uni village was $190, which was okay (I heard it was similar in uni square). But if you are interested in cheaper rent, some of my friends shared a house tgt around Parkwood/Southport region. The lowest rent I've known was $110, but I didn't do it so I couldn't comment much abt it.

Just keep in mind that for the first semester of 2013, the Dental department is still located in Southport (not the main campus), and most dental related subjected will be taught there. It is a bit of travel from either of the accommdation. As I notice that the 2013 course structure has changed and you'll have dental subjects from the beginning (how nice!), in case you have a lot cf credit transfer for other subjects which are taught on main campus from prior degree (e.g. anatomy, chem etc.), it may be wise to live in Southport for one semester. Waiting for bus in Gold Coast isn't fun... The department building will be relocated to the main campus next semester.

Hope that will help! ^_^

UAV

I lived in uni village myself last yr and i'm happy with it. Quite a few my friends lived Uni village or Uni square, both are A LOT quieter than the on campus Griffith Uni Village. Uni village and Uni square are next to each other and about 10 min walk from the main campus. They are quite similar in price and room structure, except that in uni village three ppl share an apartment, while you've got a choice of 1, 2 or 3 ppl sharing in uni square.

If you decide on uni village, just make sure you tell the landlord to put you in a room facing the bush rather than the yard as there's a pool in the yard and could be a bit noisy.

The rent for uni village was $190, which was okay (I heard it was similar in uni square). But if you are interested in cheaper rent, some of my friends shared a house tgt around Parkwood/Southport region. The lowest rent I've known was $110, but I didn't do it so I couldn't comment much abt it.

Just keep in mind that for the first semester of 2013, the Dental department is still located in Southport (not the main campus), and most dental related subjected will be taught there. It is a bit of travel from either of the accommdation. As I notice that the 2013 course structure has changed and you'll have dental subjects from the beginning (how nice!), in case you have a lot cf credit transfer for other subjects which are taught on main campus from prior degree (e.g. anatomy, chem etc.), it may be wise to live in Southport for one semester. Waiting for bus in Gold Coast isn't fun... The department building will be relocated to the main campus next semester.

Hope that will help! ^_^
Thanks for all the information :) Very helpful. I will most likely be living at Uni Village as I was accepted there already and checked it out today. I did not know Dentistry is not based at the main campus! But from what you have said they will relocate to the main campus in second semester? I guess I will just soldier on this for the first semester if that is the case. Do they have buses from the Main campus to the dental department? It is 5km, I guess I can always walk if I don't want to put up with the bus haha, I basically walked this distance to Uni in Brisbane lol!

Thanks again for the help and information :)

belowmountfuji

Thanks for all the information :) Very helpful. I will most likely be living at Uni Village as I was accepted there already and checked it out today. I did not know Dentistry is not based at the main campus! But from what you have said they will relocate to the main campus in second semester? I guess I will just soldier on this for the first semester if that is the case. Do they have buses from the Main campus to the dental department? It is 5km, I guess I can always walk if I don't want to put up with the bus haha, I basically walked this distance to Uni in Brisbane lol!

Thanks again for the help and information :)
No worries. There's a 709 bus stop just next to uni village going directly to the dental department. Otherwise you can always take 709 or 3 bus from the bus stop on campus, both of which go to the dental department. 709 comes every 30 min but may be horribly late...

I'm too lazy to walk haha! I guess it may take about 1hr?? Not sure, maybe you can have a try :)

beul

Congrats everyone! I will be joining you guys from Canada.

I too didn't know that Dentistry is not based at the main campus. I hope I have enough time to travel from one location to the other between classes! From the following first semester courses, which of the following will be held at Southport?

Sem 1 1001MSC Essentials of Chemistry and Physics INT_UG_3A 10
Sem 1 1016MSC Anatomy and Physiology Systems I INT_UG_3A 10
Sem 1 1014MSC Cells, Tissues and Regulation INT_UG_3A 10
Sem 1 1007DOH Oral Biology 1 INT_UG_6B_ORAL_HTH 5
Sem 1 1008DOH Communication Skills for Oral Health INT_UG_3A 5

Thanks guys! :)

belowmountfuji

Congrats everyone! I will be joining you guys from Canada.

I too didn't know that Dentistry is not based at the main campus. I hope I have enough time to travel from one location to the other between classes! From the following first semester courses, which of the following will be held at Southport?

Sem 1 1001MSC Essentials of Chemistry and Physics INT_UG_3A 10
Sem 1 1016MSC Anatomy and Physiology Systems I INT_UG_3A 10
Sem 1 1014MSC Cells, Tissues and Regulation INT_UG_3A 10
Sem 1 1007DOH Oral Biology 1 INT_UG_6B_ORAL_HTH 5
Sem 1 1008DOH Communication Skills for Oral Health INT_UG_3A 5

Thanks guys! :)
im not absolutely sure as course structure has changed from last yr. I just had a look at the timetable. It looks like all 1007doh components and 1008doh lec will be held in Southport (the building is called GH1). Also theres a prac for 1016msc every other week at southport. But pls double check.

UAV

No worries. There's a 709 bus stop just next to uni village going directly to the dental department. Otherwise you can always take 709 or 3 bus from the bus stop on campus, both of which go to the dental department. 709 comes every 30 min but may be horribly late...

I'm too lazy to walk haha! I guess it may take about 1hr?? Not sure, maybe you can have a try :)
Awesome :) Thank you for the help!

haha yeah it is a 1 hour walk on google maps, might avoid that if it is too hot.

UAV

When enrolling into one of the classes it says " Class 12687 is full. Please select another class to continue your enrolment. "
but this class is a lecture automatically given to me :wacko: I plan on getting these classes credited anyway so I guess I should not worry too much?

Also one last question (Sorry haha) I am currently filling out the Credit Transfer Application.

When looking at the Documentary Evidence it states

-Official Academic Record and an explanation of grades? What does this exactly mean? Are they asking me to explain my results on a blank piece of paper?

-Official institutional detailed course outlines? Do I copy and paste the course outlines onto a document and then attach it to the Credit transfer document? This all sounds odd unless I am completely missing the point.

Thanks again guys :)

Last edited:

Worshipppp

Hey guys, trying to find accommodation near South Port and the main campus so I dont have to spend too much time on the buses, does anyone know to check where each paper is taught at? Would you recommend living in South port for 1st semester and moving near to the main campus from 2nd semester? thanks :)

Sony

Hey guys, trying to find accommodation near South Port and the main campus so I dont have to spend too much time on the buses, does anyone know to check where each paper is taught at? Would you recommend living in South port for 1st semester and moving near to the main campus from 2nd semester? thanks :)
Most of your lectures will be at the main campus, its just the doh subject that might be at southport. First semester is common with the health scis so you will be at the main campus for most of the things. And in second semester we will be moving to main campus anyway.... Its up to you. I'd recommend finding accommodation near the main campus.

Last edited:

UAV

huehuehuehue HI EVERYONE!! :3
So can we actually make up a timetable yet? I'm properly confused about how to do this :(
Yeah we can but it is still buggy, I will probably wait and see if I get credit for my subjects before doing the timetable.

Someone on the facebook group (on Page 1) posted the pre placement form so I might rip into getting some of that done in the coming weeks.

Worshipppp

Hey guys, do you guys know if the orientation day on the 19th Feb for MBBS/Dent students is compulsory? And I can't seem to log on to peoplesoft Enrolling student centre :( Keeps saying my ID and PW is wrong, is there a different set of ID and PW we are given :0