Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Oral Health in Dental Science Class of 2017 Roll Call

When enrolling into one of the classes it says " Class 12687 is full. Please select another class to continue your enrolment. "
but this class is a lecture automatically given to me :wacko: I plan on getting these classes credited anyway so I guess I should not worry too much?

Also one last question (Sorry haha) I am currently filling out the Credit Transfer Application.

When looking at the Documentary Evidence it states

-Official Academic Record and an explanation of grades? What does this exactly mean? Are they asking me to explain my results on a blank piece of paper?

-Official institutional detailed course outlines? Do I copy and paste the course outlines onto a document and then attach it to the Credit transfer document? This all sounds odd unless I am completely missing the point.

Thanks again guys :)

I just checked the enrolment. The lec session you referred to is already full and you may have to choose another one to enrol in. There're 3 streams and you only have to enrol in one of them.

Explanation of results should be at the back of your transcript, e
g. HD = 85-100

Course outline is a document from your original uni describing the content of the subject. You'll just need to print the relevant pages out and bring them to student centre with your credit transfer application form and academic transcript. :)

Hey guys, do you guys know if the orientation day on the 19th Feb for MBBS/Dent students is compulsory? And I can't seem to log on to peoplesoft Enrolling student centre :( Keeps saying my ID and PW is wrong, is there a different set of ID and PW we are given :0

The orientation day is said to be compulsory, but there's no penalty for not attending it. The lecturers will prob cover the steps to complete pre-placement requirements, but you can check them with your mates later. :)

Yeah we can but it is still buggy, I will probably wait and see if I get credit for my subjects before doing the timetable.

Someone on the facebook group (on Page 1) posted the pre placement form so I might rip into getting some of that done in the coming weeks.

Just in case you'll start the pre-placement requirements, uni normally arrange First Aid and CPR courses on campus over the semester, but you could also arrange yourself from other providers if you could find a better bargin elsewhere. FYI: Last yr I paid $95 for FA & CPR to uni.

blvc33

Hi, just asking for opinion, which town is better for living - JCU or Griffith? I got an offer from Griffith dent, but I am thinking of changing my preference to JCU, because I think cairns is a smaller town, hence lower living expenses?​

Hey guys, i'm applying for Credit Transfer from my degree of biomed, do I still enrol into the papers that I am eligible for credit transfer? or just leave them out and apply for credit ? thanks :)

Sony

Hey guys, i'm applying for Credit Transfer from my degree of biomed, do I still enrol into the papers that I am eligible for credit transfer? or just leave them out and apply for credit ? thanks :)

hmm, I would think that you would have to enrol in them anyway because your credit transfer hasn't been approved yet. Once your credit transfer is approved you can drop the subjects that you got credit for.

UAV

I just checked the enrolment. The lec session you referred to is already full and you may have to choose another one to enrol in. There're 3 streams and you only have to enrol in one of them.

Explanation of results should be at the back of your transcript, e
g. HD = 85-100

Course outline is a document from your original uni describing the content of the subject. You'll just need to print the relevant pages out and bring them to student centre with your credit transfer application form and academic transcript. :)
Thanks! Will try get it done on Monday ^_^

Thanks for that! I'm quite confused at the moment haha, the South Port dentistry campus is at South Port on 30 high street? and the Science based papers, the MSC ones, are held at the main campus located at Parklands Drive? And you guys recommend finding accomm near Parklands drive? So lost x)

farmamick

Lurker
Seeing as this is a role call.... I received an offer to Griffith Dentistry. To reply to FightingIrish - my entry was based on a first class honours Bachelor degree from UQ 10 years ago....

Thanks for that! I'm quite confused at the moment haha, the South Port dentistry campus is at South Port on 30 high street? and the Science based papers, the MSC ones, are held at the main campus located at Parklands Drive? And you guys recommend finding accomm near Parklands drive? tSo lost x)

Yeah you are right abt the locations. Depending on how many subjects you can get credited and hours spent on each campus, either location is acceptable and most ppl will end up travelling back and forth inevitably.

Smilez

Lurker
Heyy Worshippp, hopefully you dont mind me asking, what gpa did you get for biomed? Im also from auckland, just trying to figure out what gpa I would have needed to get in :p I cant figure out how it converts. Thank you so much !

soup

Griffith Dent student I, non-standard, interstate (NSW)!!!

Could someone knowledgeable help me about placement requirements?
I went to the pre-placements requirement page: Pre-placement requirements - Griffith University
Then clicked on the BOH - Dental Science link. This then lead to a table named 'Documentation & Competency requirements - BOralH - DSc Students-2013'.
Is it enough to follow this table or are there any further requirements?
Also does Griffith Uni Gold Coast campus have lectures recorded online, eg echo360? : p

Hope to see you guys soon!

soup

Griffith dent student I, interstate!!

Could someone knowledgeable help me out with the placements requirements.
I went to http://www.griffith.edu.au/health/school-dentistry-oral-health/pre-placement-requirements
and clicked the BOH - dental science link.
Then a table called Documentation & Competency requirements - BOralH - DSc Students-2013 followed.
Are the requirements on this table enough? Are there any other requirements?

Also, does Griffith Gold Coast campus have online lecture recordings, eg echo360? : p

Hope to see you guys around soon!

Last edited:

UAV

I might miss one of the orientation days, although it says attendance is mandatory is it important to attend? :lols:

soup

I might miss one of the orientation days, although it says attendance is mandatory is it important to attend? :lols:
Apparently its very resourceful to attend, but there's no penalty with being absent. Also which orientation day are you missing?
Could someone answer my previous questions?

l2009

Apparently its very resourceful to attend, but there's no penalty with being absent. Also which orientation day are you missing?
Could someone answer my previous questions?

The requirements on that pdf cover you for everything - practising at the uni clinic; QLD health outplacement in 5th year; NSW health outplacement in 5th year

zaid101

If this hasn't been replied to yet:
I did 1st year biomed at griffith GC which is basically the same subjects besides the DOH.
none of the MSC subjects are held at the southport campus, but APS (anatomy) has wet labs there sometimes. From sem 2 onwards, the southport campus will be moved to the griffith hospital. No problems there since they are just across the street.
the 2 DOH subjects have some lectures in southport. If you check your timetable, and it says you have a lecture in GH1 (building) that is the southport campus.