Griffith Timetable

Discussion in 'Griffith University' started by cerebralataxia76258, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Sella

Sella New Member

What really? Well I guess I better get shopping then. Thanks :)

cerebralataxia76258 likes this.
  2. cerebralataxia76258

cerebralataxia76258 New Member

Double check with the Doh school, but that's the impression I got from the orientation website :)

Sella likes this.
  3. Spundy

Spundy New Member

Yep, its business casual for orientation, but I have seen shorts and thongs in the past... There is a competiton for the best dressed male and female of the day, the prize is usually a voucher.

Sella likes this.
  4. Dentine

Dentine New Member

Hey guys not sure if this thread is still active, with current students - however I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the trimester timetable at Griffith particularly if you have come from a two semester timetable previous. It seems like the trimester schedule provides little downtime/holidays.

5. Crow

Crow Moderator (Griffith MD) Most Active 2018

Past Griffith student here - I did the first two years in the semester system and then my final year in the trimester system.

To be honest, most students in the trimester system just take the 3rd trimester (November-Feb) off completely - most subjects aren’t running over that period anyway (some subjects are compulsory in some faculties like education but generally not in health undergrad programs) and I think it’s more for those who want to lighten their study load throughout the year e.g. some do 3/3/2 subjects in tri 1-3 respectively instead of the standard 4/4/0. It appears that the subjects of the undergrad portion of the dent program all run in the first two trimesters (so you’d get the entire third trimester off if you wanted to anyway): Bachelor of Dental Health Science (1577)

If you follow the above outline then you’ll do 12 week trimesters (+ study block + exams), have two weeks off in June and then go for another 12 weeks for tri 2 (+ study block + exams). Personally two weeks off after tri 1 was enough and I definitely preferred finishing a month earlier in the year than usual (remembering the trimesters are a week shorter than the original 13 week semesters) but I’ve also heard students complained that it wasn’t enough break time, so I guess it depends on personal preference.

6. Dentine

Dentine New Member

Sorry about the late reply Crow and thanks for the response here and on the other thread :) ahh I didn't realise we only did two of the three trimesters haha that's actually much better than a longer break mid year IMO. Another silly question but with the BDHS is masters entry assured upon passing the first part of the degree or are there any further hurdles/limited number of places to gain entry?

Cheers

7. A1

A1 Admissions Speculator Moderator

UWA MD
    It is assured the way it's stated for the Masters course > Master of Dentistry (5703)
    i.e. have successfully completed BDHS is the only requirement.

8. Dentine

Dentine New Member

Cheers A1 - that's what I was hoping :)