Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Undergraduate Dentistry 2009

gsta

Lurker
hey
i'm from a high skool in sydney and intersted in doin dentistry at griffith uni in 2009
do u kno an estimate UAI and UMAT score required to get into griffith uni for dentistry?
also do u kno if there are any scholarships or bonus points for dentistry at griffith uni?
any1 here i can contact through email or msn who does dentistry at griffith uni?

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Ya Veon probably, though some of his views are controversial. I guess you could also ask Shizzy about it if you see him online though he's med.

I reckon it's going to have a similar cutoff this year to last - but i don't think it will be anywhere near the year before, which was much lower than most other dent schools at the time - like 87 UAI apparently i heard of. I think high 90's should be the cutoff (say, 97-98?), and UMAT... depends on how hard this year's test is i reckon.

gsta

Lurker
lol thnkx guys/gals

lol Veonn u out there??

so there isnt a chance of gettin into dis course wif a uai of like 95?

Mana

Administrator
There always is, provided you have a crazy umat and crazy interview.

gsta

Lurker
wats an average UMAT score?

would a uai of 95 and a umat score of 170 be alrite for griffith uni oral health in dental science?

Veon

95/96 and something like 170-180 coupled with an okay interview should (I say, should, no guarantees with anything, especially considering that we all have a different idea of what constitutes an 'okay interview') get you through.

As far as i'm aware they don't publish an official cutoff for Griffith.

Next year the first lot of GU dentists graduate and that can only mean increased awareness of the existence of it (GU Dent), and most possibly, higher cutoffs. At least that's what they like to repeatedly tell all the people who inquire about transferring.

The only view I hold that's controversial is my belief that the removal of anchovies as standard on a Capricossa is an abomination.
I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM.
DON'T EAT THIS PIZZA THEN.

Mana

Administrator
omg, that's even more shocking than the "private schools shouldn't exist" argument. Anchovies, though tasty, are often really really salty and God knows we already have so much salt in pizza that it just doesn't work.

You could ruin a completely good pizza by adding anchovies...

~shinigami~

。◕‿◕。
Emeritus Staff
I'm of the opinion that people may remove what ever they don't like from a pizza. If I'm gonna eat something relatively unhealthy, I might as well ****ing enjoy it. So if I don't like pineapples or anchovies (I've never eaten anchovies before O.O) then I'm gonna pick them off.

Mana

Administrator
lol... me too. I'm also of the opinion that if you remove something that I like from a pizza and I am there too, that I am entitled to take what you removed from that pizza and put it on my slice of pizza.

adnudcyk

lol... pizza talk.

anywho, you know how we have that med schools wiki.. how about a dent school wiki. heaps of people will find it useful.

(ignore this is there already is one...:p)

gsta

Lurker
lol i started this thread too get some info on getting into dentistry at griffith and estimae yai scores and UMAT marks required

lol i'm just sayin this to keep the thread related to undergraduate dentistry lol

i heard that in griffith uni- if u dont achive passing grades u'll be forced to drop out? is this true?

Mana

Administrator
I think that's true for any course at any university, if you fail enough (and for different courses the number of things you can fail is different.)

L337

Based God
Emeritus Staff
lol... pizza talk.

anywho, you know how we have that med schools wiki.. how about a dent school wiki. heaps of people will find it useful.

(ignore this is there already is one...:p)

Yeah, hoscar and I started a thread similar to a wiki for all the dent skools in Aus... never managed to complete it, uni lyf/WoW/partying eats up too much of our time these dayz, lawl. Anywayz, you can find aforementioned thread stickied at the top of the dent forums (http://www.medstudentsonline.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=4901).

~shinigami~

。◕‿◕。
Emeritus Staff
lol... me too. I'm also of the opinion that if you remove something that I like from a pizza and I am there too, that I am entitled to take what you removed from that pizza and put it on my slice of pizza.

[Offtopic]You would be quite welcomed to do so because I'd assume if someone picks something off, they don't like the stuff so they wouldn't care if someone took it.[/Offtopic]

Veon

If you don't want anchovies, don't order a Capricossa.
If you don't want pineapple, don't order a Hawaiin.

What, you going to order Caviar then pick off the fish eggs?

~shinigami~

。◕‿◕。
Emeritus Staff
We aren't always in the position to order the pizza we like. Sometimes you turn up and it's there. If it were up to me, I'd have meat lovers where I wouldn't need pick off anything but it's not always my choice.

Also, if someone picks off something you like, then it's good for you coz you get more. :)

jonneh

If you don't want anchovies, don't order a Capricossa.
If you don't want pineapple, don't order a Hawaiin.

What, you going to order Caviar then pick off the fish eggs?

well we could order a hawaiin simply because we like the ham and not the pineapple. I like solely ham and cheese on my pizza. i concede pineapple's probably there because the majority likes it, but it doesn't mean the small proportion of people who doesn't needs to conform.

its my preference.

you gonna bite me?