Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Uni Dent Offers

abc101

Hey does anyone know when the course actually starts as in whats the exact date? cos i gotta book flights from new zealand. I will staying at the Griffith University Village, anyone else staying at GUV?

TimmyG

I think the start date is 2nd or 3rd of March ... not sure exactly, but definitely early March.

I applied today to GUV, and have been accepted ... so might be seeing you there! Are you staying in a 5 bedroom apartment?

l2009

Hey l2009 just curious, but were you the girl from brisbane that was interviewed on the 1st of december at 9.00am, cos if it is i might have met you lol. Btw i also got into griffith dent.Yay!

Lol, I am a guy :p And congratulations on the offer!

Maddles

Lurker
Hey l2009 just curious, but were you the girl from brisbane that was interviewed on the 1st of december at 9.00am, cos if it is i might have met you lol. Btw i also got into griffith dent.Yay!

Hey, I was at the interview at 9:00am on Dec 1. I also got an offer! So stoked...

abc101

Hey Maddles which one were you? lol sorry cos i remember 3 girls with me and well done on the offer....lol i was the one from nz looking out of place in a suit hehe

pecky

heyy...does anyone noe if we have to pay for the last two years?
and how much?
and whether we can get like no interest fee help or something :S?

p.s. - yes i did get into griffith dent as welllllll :D

Maddles

Lurker
I was from Brisbane, are you currently a DA? I met one girl who was a DA and one who was in Physio I think?!?! Congrats on getting in to you too. It's so hard to believe!

gopolee

i got an offer too!
but i think im gonna go with med at tassie
still deciding but i think my passion lies closer to medicine than dent
so yeah

my gpa was 8.25 which is nz biomed (out of 9)
n i guess my uai was over 95 (since i got into tassie)
umat 206 raw 99th percentile

well done to all of u who got an offer!!!

I got an offer WOOT WOOT

for me i did a year of med sci before getting an offer ^_^

my UAI was 96.60 (not sure if they used this)
gpa... very bad.... not even a credit average... prob 4.8ish the last time i calculated...
UMAT raw 166 (76% percentile overall i think from memory)

so from these mediocre results i guess my interview must have been very good....:lol:

hahahahaha...I am still not over getting an offer.... I was totally not expecting it..... hahahahahaha..... I think i am about to go crazy.... :D I wont be able to sleep tonight/today;)

Hahaha, i am so stoked to get an offer too! I had to read it over a few times just to make sure i read it correctly! I was in Dental Therapy at Griffith but now i get to be a Dentist YAY :lol: I guess it just goes to show that dental therapy students CAN cross over.

I got in with:
UMAT raw: 158
GPA: 4.69 (I applied for special consideration which would have boosted my GPA up, not sure by how much though)
INTERVIEW: I'm guessing i would have to have done incredibly well, seeing that everything else is very low.

Congrats to everyone who got an offer, and to those that didn't, keep trying!! It took me three times, I guess that makes it "third time lucky" ^_^

Kapinny

Hahaha, i am so stoked to get an offer too! I had to read it over a few times just to make sure i read it correctly! I was in Dental Therapy at Griffith but now i get to be a Dentist YAY :lol: I guess it just goes to show that dental therapy students CAN cross over.

I got in with:
GPA: 4.69 (I applied for special consideration which would have boosted my GPA up, not sure by how much though)
INTERVIEW: I'm guessing i would have to have done incredibly well, seeing that everything else is very low.

Congrats to everyone who got an offer, and to those that didn't, keep trying!! It took me three times, I guess that makes it "third time lucky" ^_^

ToothFairy... i have been reading your posts over the couple of months and iv developed a soft spot for you purely based on ur determination to study dentistry and now you have DONE IT!! YAY!!!

See you at Griffith Next year :)

Kavin :D

"screw u satac"

PLC

Lurker

I got in with:

Hi ToothFairy,
I was wondering how do u apply for special consideration? Thanks

Bluebird

Hey ToothFairy, were you in 1st year last year? If you were, then Im in your year! Congrats on switching across. PM me who you are!

and how much?

hey. this has been discussed in a few threads but basically, yes you have to pay the last 2 years. Comes to $100K for the last 2 years. If youre international you pay upfront. If youre an aus citizen you can FEE-HELP it (which is the same as HECS)

For everyone talking about where to live, there's a thread about it...somewhere.

To everyone who got offers: congrats!!!!

Bluebird

Hey ToothFairy, were you in 1st year last year? If you were, then Im in your year! Congrats on switching across. PM me who you are!

and how much?

hey. this has been discussed in a few threads but basically, yes you have to pay the last 2 years. Comes to $100K for the last 2 years. If youre international you pay upfront. If youre an aus citizen you can FEE-HELP it (which is the same as HECS)

For everyone talking about where to live, there's a thread about it...somewhere.

To everyone who got offers: congrats!!!!

Veon

I haven't been on here in months but figured i'd just come on to see how you guys fared for the offers that came out yesterday.

Congrats to everyone that got in.

GUV is, to put it bluntly, the biggest scam since life insurance. You pay us money while you're alive and then when you die we'll give it to someone else. HOW CAN I PASS THIS UP?

But, it is okay for meeting people, and it is okay for convenience and getting to uni first year.

I'm in 2nd year dent this year and I guess i'll probably see you guys at some point in the year.

Not sure why I came back to post- i've been losing a lot of sleep lately and my head hurts.

Anyway, good luck with everything, even though you don't know me and i don't know you and it's highly unlikely we'll ever recognise eachother after this point of contact ever again, if you remember anything, remember this; save the last bullet for yourself.

pecky

sorry abt the last two years....so are you sure that we can get FEE HELP? is there like an interest or somethig with that...
what is the difference between FEE HELP and HECS?
So does this mean we can just pay it bk when we are in the work force?
allllso..abt accommodation.....the griffith village accommodation - is that close to where the dentistry lectures are gonna be held? Bcos I've heard you are better off getting an apartment in south port, since its like a drive away right?
thankkks in advance :D