Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffth Enrolment Help!

zelta-w

I am so utterly confused by this enrolment process online...whats planning and enrolment cart and asdofjaseofawefawefawefawe

how exactly do i enrol !

thanks!

also wen do i have to enrol by?

Purrito

Okay I kind of JUST finished doing everything up to the end of the enrolment wizard and I think this is how it works: (sorry if you get confused still, I'm not too good at explaining things ><)

1) Timetable search
Griffith University | Timetable search

First thing is to enter the course codes for the courses us first years will do in semester 1 (e.g. listed here Griffith University | Bachelor of Oral Health in Dental Science - Gold Coast) which would be

1001MSC
1014MSC
1016MSC
1008PSY

This brings up a wholes list of lectures, tutes and pracs for each course with various times to choose from.

So I think the whole point of this timetable planner is to start fiddling around which the checkboxes to find a combination of classes and times that don't clash and suit your own preferences as much as possible. If you scroll down to the bottom you'll see a preview of the timetable during a week where all of your classes are on so you can check for clashes and visualise times better. (Umm I think at first all the checkboxes are ticked automatically so I kind of O.O-ed at how massively cramped the timetable preview looked HAHA)

Once you've finished creating the word's greatest timetable, leave the window open for the convenience of the next bit...

2) Enrolment Cart
Found at potral > student > enrolment > enrolment cart

The timetable planner is just a tool which helps you to search and pick class times that suit you but you've actually not inputed anything as part of your enrolment yet. The enrolment cart is where you enter in your actual class choices.

In the box labelled "Enter Class Nbr", enter the number in the "class" column for the specific class times you've chosen in the timetable planner. This brings up a whole list of tutes and pracs for that class and all you have to do is find the ones you've picked in the timetable planner. Follow the prompts and repeat for the next 3 classes.

When you've done all that, you should be able to view and check all of your classes in your enrolment cart. At this stage, the enrolment is still incomplete, so your place in the time slots you've chosen aren't guaranteed to you yet. To finish, there should be a button on the enrolment cart page saying to enrol, and clicking it brings up the enrolment wizard. I think from there on you should be okay, just follow what it says (yy)

Umm I'm pretty sure there's more to do after this which I haven't gotten to yet but I THINK getting up to here guarantees you the class times you've chosen. I think it's best to enrol ASAP since you can already see how some time slots are already full. I belive you can always cancel the enrolment in the end if you decided to go somewhere else :lol: (not 100% sure how though)

HOPEFULLY I've done everything right so far (someone please tell me if I actually screwed it majorly) HAHAHA
Interested to know when the deadline to get everything done is as well :D

scrappycoco

Firstly relax. You're going to have to suffer this twice a year for the next 5 so no point stressing out.
Step 1 get a list of your program's courses (subjects) for this sem: 1001MSC, 1016MSC, 1014MSC, 1008PSY.
Step 2 add them to the Planner so they are easy to add to your Enrolment Cart. The Planner is just a list of the courses without class times.
Step 3 add the courses to your Enrolment Cart. This is the course with class times you want to Enrol in. This is the hardest step to complete well because of class time clashes.
Step 4 Enrol in classes by checking box and Processing the Enrolment.
Once you've enrolled you can Add a course, Drop a course, Swap a course, or Edit a course to get the right/available class times you want. Hope this helps.

vincent168

Stimodont
You basically plan it to see how you want your timetable. Then the enrolment cart is when you choose the class you want to be in after knowing how the time table would turn out.

Sony

lol.. uhh.. first you need to know what units you need to do.. you'll find this on the b. of oral health in dental science page.
Next you plan your timetable... so just pick one lecture, lab etc for each unit.. then update your timetable and make sure you don't get any clashes..
and then you enrol into the classes you picked on your timetable... :)

A good tool to plan a timetable with no clashes would be to use this website Griffith University | Timetable search and type in all your course codes (eg 1014MSC ect) it will open the timetable for each course (that is what griffith calls a subject). It shows what classes are full and open. Pick one "open" lecture, lab, tute for each subject as required and click the update timetable grid to see your timetable. When happy write down each number or time for the lectures ect you want and enrol through the cart in the griffith portal. Good luck I hope this helps you.

Calem

Ol' Man River
I have to agree time tabling at Griffith is very hard...they should use Allocate+
Allocate is pretty horrible. Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
(It still might be an improvement though)

wazii

Finished my Griffith Dent timetable and managed to get all lecture and tutorials in on four days with good time margins to get to lectures + no clashes !! : )

word of advice, check the dates for the tutorial and labs especially. I remember there was two subjects I could place into the same timeslot as they ran on alternate weeks

PM me if you need assistance

vincent168

Stimodont
Nope I also wonder when they are sent out

Apparently we just need to rock up on the 21st, then we start on 27th but my time table on shows activities from the 29th so who knows..

If we need to go there on the 21st, would you go back home or stay there till 27th/29th?

Sony

I cant come back home... I live like 1000K's away.. so I'll probs just stay there..
and what activities are on the 29th?? :S
I thought there was just one compulsory thing that all the dent kids had to attend... *confused*

vincent168

Stimodont
Yeah the activity is the thing on the 21th then we start the semester on the 29th (I think)
Does your time table show 27th and 28th as blank?

Sony

Yeah the activity is the thing on the 21th then we start the semester on the 29th (I think)
Does your time table show 27th and 28th as blank?

yep.. I've got 27th and 28th blank.. and my lectures start on the 29th.
Does anyone know where we can get the book list from? I need an estimate of how much books+equipment and stuff will cost...

UMAT Acer

I found out on some website we don't need to buy equipment for 1st year (yay!) (but we do for 2nd)
We only need lab coat and protective glasses