Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Guide to the NZ Graduate Entry forum -PLEASE READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

frootloop

Doctor
Ok, so the time has come for someone to clean up the mess that is the NZ Graduate Entry subforum, and the valiant Sir frootloop has taken on the gargantuan quest (*cue cheering from the masses*).
Anywho...
If you're reading this, you're probably interested in gaining entry to one of the two New Zealand medical schools as a graduate (if you're not, then the reason why you're reading this eludes me).
What I first want to start with, is the obligatory wave in the direction of the rules for posting in the NZ subforum. Please read them (and the MSO rules) before posting, or you'll have the mods all over you, and there ain't nobody wants that.
Right, so I'm going to link all the 'FAQ' type threads here, and I'm going to split this into three, rather obvious sections: Auckland, Otago, and 'general':

Auckland:

-What papers should I do at UoA for graduate entry?
-Auckland graduate entry 2013 questions/chat
-Auckland Med Interview Experience (and there's another thread about the interview in the undergrad section, here)
-Number of places for graduates in Auckland medicine

Otago:

-What papers should I do at UoO for graduate entry?
-Otago 2013 graduate entry chat
-Chat/enquiries related to the Otago 'Other' category
-Otago graduate entry UMAT threshold

General:

-Does my degree have to be from a university, or are polytechnic degrees ok?
-I'd like someone to rate my chances of getting an offer for medicine, or comment on my degree plan, etc
-Can I apply to Australian medical schools with an NZ degree, and how do I go about this? (You'll also want to read this).
-Should I go to Otago, or Auckland? (And this thread too)

We love getting new MSO members, and we particularly love it when our members actively participate in threads. However, whenever someone asks a question that's been already answered in the easy-to-read resources above it wastes our time, and whenever someone posts in the wrong thread/unnecessarily starts a new thread it just means we have to move that post to the appropriate location. If you want to start a new thread because you feel your post doesn't properly fit into any existing thread then by all means go ahead, but the majority of new threads on the forum unfortunately get deleted because they don't meet this criteria. However, if you start off by reading all of the above resources, and then only post in the threads highlighted above unless you have a good reason not to, then you should be sweet and we look forward to your contribution to the forum!

Cheers,
frootloop (on behalf of the NZ MSO Janitorial Squad)

Edit: If anyone wants to write an article on graduate entry (processes, dos/don'ts, etc), then that'd be absolutely fantastic! (Hinthint @koochkooch , @AppleMac22 , @Ramza , etc).
Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions (articles you'd like to see, suggestions for how to make the subforum easier to use/better) then please post those here!

Last edited:

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
Links are broken.... can someone fix them up? Looks like some great info :)

Hi @pensiv ,

Are you after specific information? I may be able to find the threads and link them to you.

You can also use the search function at the top right corner to find the relevant threads and further information.

I don't know if frootloop will be able to fix the links anytime soon...

pensiv

Lurker
Thanks Stuart, yep I found some relevant info through browsing and searches. So much info here! What a great resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads