Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

High GPA however Low UMAT - UQ Dentistry

Tran

Hello
If i were to receive a high GPA (e.g 6.5+) next year in a full-time Bachelor at UQ (I intend on upgrading from Bachelors), meet the prerequisites requirements however do very poorly in the UMAT test, would my high GPA score still allow me to get accepted into B. Dental Science or be competitive enough against those with high UMAT scores?

UQ's Dentistry website states that UMAT scores will be used as a secondary selection for entry into B. Dental Science. Can anyone please explain me this?

Also, does having a poor UMAT score weigh down my GPA?

Thankyou very much. (I am not sure if this is in the right category or posted before)

HelloWorld

Faux-American

UQ's Dentistry website states that UMAT scores will be used as a secondary selection for entry into B. Dental Science. Can anyone please explain me this?

Also, does having a poor UMAT score weigh down my GPA?

Thankyou very much. (I am not sure if this is in the right category or posted before)

basically, what it means is that GPA is a hurdle. Once you get higher than minimum, it ceases to matter.

Once you reach minimum GPA, they look at UMAT only.

With a low UMAT, you have no chance.

Tran

basically, what it means is that GPA is a hurdle. Once you get higher than minimum, it ceases to matter.

Once you reach minimum GPA, they look at UMAT only.

With a low UMAT, you have no chance.

So, if I make the GPA cut-off which is 5.8, they then look at my UMAT score and disregard whatever GPA I achieved?

(Thankyou for replying!)

HelloWorld

Faux-American
So, if I make the GPA cut-off which is 5.8, they then look at my UMAT score and disregard whatever GPA I achieved?

(Thankyou for replying!)

Yes.

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
Yeah, you would need the competitive UMAT score as well.

the required UMAT score isn't that competitive imo

Im in first yr currently and some people in my cohort are in with UMAT of high 80s, not that hard to obtain.

certainly quite different from the Asian parent circles telling me if you don't get >95 you have no chance (i got 99)

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads