Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

How do you afford to go to Bond?

greengem

MD III
Full amount will be received regardless of financial situations as long as you are an Australian citizen studying medicine at the universities required.
Hi B2, was wondering if NZ citizens that havent lived in australia before are eligible for any help in regards to fees? Thanks

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi B2, was wondering if NZ citizens that havent lived in australia before are eligible for any help in regards to fees? Thanks
FEE-HELP | StudyAssist From this it seems you need to be a special category visa holder to be eligible if you’re a NZ citizen.

ETA: NZ citizens ARE eligible for CSPs (special category visa holders can also get HECS loans) but this doesn’t apply to Bond specifically because it’s a private university.

Last edited:
Reactions: B2

A1

Rookie Doc
ETA: NZ citizens ARE eligible for CSPs (HECS loans) but this doesn’t apply to Bond specifically because it’s a private university.

NZ citizens are eligible for CSP places but I don't think they are for HECS-HELP loans.

The gov proposal last year was to do the opposite; they would only be accepted as full-fee (perhaps not UoM/Bond type of FFP but more like Notre Dame's 35k/year), in return they would get FEE-HELP loans. The proposal didn't pass though.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
NZ citizens are eligible for CSP places but I don't think they are for HECS-HELP loans.
I think it’s the same deal that applies to FEE-HELP with HECS-HELP: special category visa holders can get HECS if they’re NZ citizens but others can’t.

lan90

Lurker
The "guarantee" for FFPs you refer to just pertains to the allocation priority list that is revised every year. It is also worth noting that these priority lists have historically changed over time: they are not static documents. FFPs have no foot to stand on, should their "guarantee" of an internship be removed, without warning or consultation - this is the (rather sizeable) gamble you take when you sign on for one.
Hi Chinaski (or anyone who may have information about the above)
I am wondering if there is any current information about the status of internships available for FFPs (those that attend Bond)?

chinaski

No update to the overarching COAG agreement to my knowledge. For the current status of FFPs for this year only (bearing in mind that they are only current for the year to which they correspond), you'd need to look at the priority list of the respective post graduate bodies that allocate internships (eg HETI, PMCV etc)

Caffeine

Hi Chinaski (or anyone who may have information about the above)
I am wondering if there is any current information about the status of internships available for FFPs (those that attend Bond)?
While it's unlikely to change, it is a bit of a risk as circumstances can change in 5 years time which might make it worth reapplying to normal universities [Normal as in CSP fees]

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads