• UCAT results are out! Just kidding, I'm just testing the notices system. Cheers, Mana

How Does WSU Calculate Offers?

Q3

have they denied this in the past?
They haven't denied it officially but they also haven't confirmed that there exists a GWS quota, I realise a non-confirmation is not the same as a denial. I got my info from reading on these forums that the initial quota is just for getting GWS people to the interview stage, that is to make sure 50% of the people being interviewed are from GWS, but from thereon it is only the interview that counts. So you could in theory have the overwhelming majority applicants being non-GWS.

zingaboy1

just called them up and the person on the phone said that they will be finished finalising scores by 1pm, and she said they may allow us to ask if we would be able to get 1st round offers... anyone gonna call up? idk whether to do it getting nervous

Information added by moderator: LMG!

This information has been categorically denied by the university. Please do not call them. The first lot of offers (for rural applicants) will come out on Dec 21st.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlee

just called them up and the person on the phone said that they will be finished finalising scores by 1pm, and she said they may allow us to ask if we would be able to get 1st round offers... anyone gonna call up? idk whether to do it getting nervous
But how is this possible? ATARs haven't been released yet so they wouldn't know if some applicants have reached the academic threshold?

faysapprentice

But how is this possible? ATARs haven't been released yet so they wouldn't know if some applicants have reached the academic threshold?
they'd have a list of the interview scores in order most lilely so they might be able to see if you'd be in the cut off provided ur atar/gpa is high enough - could be plausible

Q3

Who did you speak to exactly and which number did you call up?

Edit: the skeptic in me highly doubts this would be possible. Theoretically the uni could have done this every year, so why would they choose to do so this year?

Last edited:

BethMark25

WSU MBBS II
Before the interview Penny did say that we'd be able to call up and see where we fell on the list and if we were likely to receive an offer to help us make choices between unis. I ASSUMED that she meant in January when main round offers come out but I suppose it's possible they'd let people find out earlier. Keen to hear who you spoke to, and also to see if anyone wants to get brave and call after 1pm

Last edited:

maniacfish

Before the interview Penny did say that we'd be able to call up and see where we fell on the list and if we were likely to receive an offer to help us make choices between unis. I ASSUMED that she mean in January when main round offers come out but I suppose it's possible they'd let people find out earlier. Keen to hear who you spoke to, and also to see if anyone wants to get brave and call after 1pm
can confirm that she did say that, but the lady at the end (with the feedback forms) said: "don't contact us, we'll let you know". so some mixed messages.

Q3

can confirm that she did say that, but the lady at the end (with the feedback forms) said: "don't contact us, we'll let you know". so some mixed messages.
That 'don't contact us, we'll let you know' could apply only to the period between the end of interviews and before UAC main round.

Edit: and where is zingaboy1? lol. It should be a rule of the internet that thou shall not be able to drop an information bomb and then not return within the next half hour to respond.

maniacfish

That 'don't contact us, we'll let you know' could apply only to the period between the end of interviews and before UAC main round.
right, so people calling after 1pm to ask if they had a chance at first round would have to make contact in that period.

Reactions: Q3

Q3

right, so people calling after 1pm to ask if they had a chance at first round would have to make contact in that period.
Yes I see what you mean now. But my point was that that lady's statement and Penny's do not necessarily contradict each other.

faysapprentice

Just called 2 people in WSU and they all unequivocally denied this. I was even asked by one person to report onto this forum to let people know this is FALSE so that they are not being flooded with phone calls.
by any chance did they let u know when u can call em to ask? or do we just wait for uac on 12th jan

BethMark25

WSU MBBS II
I spoke to Penny, she said it's not true, don't call!
We just have to wait to hear from UAC. I imagine if we have questions then we can call after the main round.

A1

Admissions Speculator
so excited to wait a month and a half for uac offers! xD
Since WSU doesn't do the actual-ATAR interview round in January like UNSW I guess WSU can release in the December early offers round UAC is introducing this year? Maybe someone call and drop them this hint.