Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

How important is a consistent signature for practicing doctors?

RZA98

So i've been using the cursive form of my name as my signature but since my name is quite long, its hard to produce a consistent signature every-time. Outside of medicine, I know that signatures aren't that big of a deal since virtually no one checks them ( unless its super important but those usually involve a witness anyway). Since doctors are constantly signing off on pretty serious things, should I try to develop a proper consistent signature? Or is it really not a big deal? (i'm still in 2nd year btw so i've got time )

chinaski

Yes, you should have a consistent signature. This is also relevant for other matters in life (eg legal papers, contracts etc).

Is it too late for me to change my signature? The only important places I have used it so far is for my bank account, police-check forms and university stuff. Am I forever stuck with my current signature? Also, my current signature doesn't even have my real name in it... I have put some random letters in it. Is that okay?

Currently smh at myself. Why do I do this to myself?

S

Sokka

Is it too late for me to change my signature? The only important places I have used it so far is for my bank account, police-check forms and university stuff. Am I forever stuck with my current signature? Also, my current signature doesn't even have my real name in it... I have put some random letters in it. Is that okay?

Currently smh at myself. Why do I do this to myself?
hahaha same situation here... looking to change mine
I can't help but ask why you would have other letters in it?

hahaha same situation here... looking to change mine
I can't help but ask why you would have other letters in it?
I literally have no idea. I never understood my 13-year-old self hahaha.

But I also really would like to change my signature for everything but it must be a hassle. No idea how many forms I have signed so far. Should have taken this signing business more serious. tsk tsk.

forevafrensbear

For work purposes, signatures often evolve with time. You can change it as you wish (it’s your signature).

Some medical admin like to have a signature sample in case they need it to verify or identify an entry in the notes. It shouldn’t be an issue but it’s surprising how people don’t write name, designation, team properly in the margins or headers.

ideally the signature should be legible to at least identify first letter and last name.
ideally the signature should be legible to at least identify first letter and last name.
Over years, signatures devolve into the quickest most ineligible scrawls or initials.
At the bank where it’s the main issue,
Just give them a new sample, tell them you changed it and bring 100 points ID

after all that agree it’s best to be as consistent as possible!

Havox

Sword and Martini Guy!
Emeritus Staff
Over years, signatures devolve into the quickest most ineligible scrawls or init
My work signature is literally a drawn symbol which is unmistakably mine but literally won't be readable because it's not text.