Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

How much does EAS help?

I have a friend who got an interview at UNSW with a 96 atar and an 85 umat (non-rural). She mentioned that she possibly got EAS. Is that why she managed to get an interview? And does EAS increase the overall entry chances or lower the entry requirements? Thanks guys.

karenh

Not too sure myself since I'm going through the whole admissions process myself this year, but I think what EAS you get depends. I think that someone who has financial + medical + excessive family responsibilities will be affected more by EAS than someone with the same financial situation.

That might be obvious but what EAS categories does your friend have, if you know?

A1

Rookie Doc
I have a friend who got an interview at UNSW with a 96 atar and an 85 umat (non-rural). She mentioned that she possibly got EAS. Is that why she managed to get an interview? And does EAS increase the overall entry chances or lower the entry requirements? Thanks guys.

My impression of UNSW Med school on EAS is they want to support the scheme but can't accept the scheme's up to 10 bonus points (which are meant for general admissions not as competitive as med). So they set aside a small quota of places for EAS applicants rather than bonusing their marks to compete in the main pool

Local applicants | Medicine
"ACCESS is a scheme for students who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage in high school. Some of the places offered under this scheme will be in the Bonded Medical Places category". The words "places offered under this scheme" makes me think it's a separate quota.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads