Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Feedback and Suggestions How would you change MSO?

Shizzy

Staff
Administrator
Various ideas have been popping up the 'Should we have a like button' thread so I thought it would make sense to have a thread here that lets you suggest anything you want.

We are looking to upgrade within a few months so now would be a good time to ask everyone what they would like changed. Anything you particularly hate? Anything you particularly like? How would you run/make things better?

All suggestions welcome. If you have a good idea you might see it in the next update. :)

SASOL

Maybe more user stats, like total time spent on MSO etc. Pretty minor but would be kinda cool to have that:lol:

LemonTea

Senior Procrastinator
Maybe more user stats, like total time spent on MSO etc. Pretty minor but would be kinda cool to have that:lol:

I can just imagine my extreme MSO hours due to the fact that I tend to leave a browser window open and hibernate my computer. ;)

Havox

Sword and Martini Guy!
Emeritus Staff
A button that gets you cookies from the CD tray :lol:

Pretty please...

ashy

Boo.
Emeritus Staff
Good idea Shiz. I was wondering if there were any better options for chat? Chat's alright as it is, but imo it could be better/more convenient.

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Apart from a permalink to it, I don't see how it could be more convenient. Would be nice if it didn't kick people off it every so often though.

Shizzy

Staff
Administrator
The chat is ugly as hell - hurts my eyes. I always planned on upgrading it but just have to find something nice and preferably free/cheap.

I'mOnABoat

The chat is ugly as hell - hurts my eyes. I always planned on upgrading it but just have to find something nice and preferably free/cheap.

I think if the chat is to be upgraded, then maybe the window to see the messages needs to be larger, so more can be seen.

I'mOnABoat

When i was refering to the chat i meant the full sized chat that we use only occasionally: http://medstudentsonline.com.au/chat

I love our little chat down the bottom :)

(Tip: must have 50 posts to view this little chat, non-50-posters (y))

O yeah. My bad. It just gets real annoying in a small window sometimes at like 3am when you are real tired.

I'mOnABoat

That's awesome. Thanks Shiz-Dog.

beach waves

Maybe

have chatbox light up next to chatter,but only if they are online...so you know theyare there/gone.

I think more info on Bonded spots on wiki
How to up your atar/uai/op on wiki
hidden costs at unis...wiki,like the 100 for dent at griff,also binded sit there
Parents corner...they can ask or chat about issues they have

Jono

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
It's interesting about the parents corner, that's been suggested before, but as it stands no parent has ever even made a thread, let alone enough threads to justify a forum... I hope parents realise they're welcome to start a discussion.

Last edited:

waterproof cordial

how about a "my posts" thing where you could see your own posts and thus easily find a certain thread. Its annoying to have to try and remember what thread it was that i posted a question in.-_-

Jono

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
that feature already exists, go to your profile, go "statistics" and "posts by this user"