Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Feedback and Suggestions How would you change MSO?

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
Unfortunately not without me actually paying for the surveymonkey account - apparently sharing surveys requires 'Pro' membership!

The questions are as follows:

1. Where are you from?
2. Are you standard/non-standard/international
3. Have you applied by a rural pathway
3a. If you are rural, what is your RA rating?
4. What were your UMAT raw scores and overall percentile?
5. If you are standard applicant what is your ATAR/OP/IB/Predicted
6. If you are a on-standard what is your GPA
7. Which universities have you applied to and have gotten offers for?
8. Is there anything you would like to see more of at MSO?

Thank you!

Perhaps I can make one myself but for HSFY and/or OLY1 with similar questions and use it this year IF this survey goes well. Any thoughts?

Wendy

Monash MD I
Unfortunately not without me actually paying for the surveymonkey account - apparently sharing surveys requires 'Pro' membership!

1. Where are you from?
Hi ben, the survey doesn't let me type 98.7 for my atar, it tells me to 'enter a positive number' and doesn't let me go to the next page.

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
Hi ben, the survey doesn't let me type 98.7 for my atar, it tells me to 'enter a positive number' and doesn't let me go to the next page.

SHOULD be fixed. One of the questions was accidentally set to whole numbers, unfortunately I couldn't change it back because people had already submitted answers. Instead, I deleted that question and added a new one. Hope this works!

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Any chance the rolling messages that now appear at the top of the hatbox can be set to 'optional'? Other people might be enjoying the bantery type stuff appearing there, so I don't necessarily want it deleted, but I'd personally rather not have to read about Pi's sausage every 37 seconds...

I don't feel it adds anything to hatbox, the way it's currently being used, and is kinda just irritating/pointless (to me).

Thank you :)

LBoG

BMedSci/MD-JMP II UoN

1. Where are you from?

As UTAS doesn't interview, the UTAS option for 'which unis have you applied to and gotten interview offers for' doesn't quite work - perhaps UTAS should be left out of interview offer surveys?

Also at the time for GPA I could only enter a whole number, but you may have corrected this at the same time as correcting the ATAR whole number issue.

Thank you.

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Any chance the rolling messages that now appear at the top of the hatbox can be set to 'optional'? Other people might be enjoying the bantery type stuff appearing there, so I don't necessarily want it deleted, but I'd personally rather not have to read about Pi's sausage every 37 seconds...

I don't feel it adds anything to hatbox, the way it's currently being used, and is kinda just irritating/pointless (to me).

Thank you :)

Have removed the majority of chatbox notices - you will no longer have to constantly think about pi and his sausage.

Reactions: pi

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Have removed the majority of chatbox notices - you will no longer have to constantly think about pi and his sausage.

Thanks. Any update on whether it's possible for this feature to have an 'opt out' option, like the bot notifications, for example?

Mana

Administrator
Thanks. Any update on whether it's possible for this feature to have an 'opt out' option, like the bot notifications, for example?

There almost certainly is given that the mods seem to have the option to opt out of bot notifications (so if you by chance become a mod at some point you'd automatically have it). Give me a moment to check whether this is possible for notices as well!

- Not gonna name anyone but admins should re-evalute who they make mods
- get rid of hatbox
- Ban annoying users
- Make A1 and MedDent101 admin
- ignore button for annoying mods
- permaban May
- can we have negs and upvotes for posts?
- ban mods

Mana

Administrator
- get rid of hatbox
- Ban annoying users
- permaban May
- ban mods

- Ban annoying users -> I can do this, how about it?

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
- get rid of hatbox
- Ban annoying users
- permaban May
- ban mods

Hi,

Could you provide supporting explanation(s) to these changes you wish to be made?

Thank you.

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in allowing new comers to be able to engage in conversations (aka inbox or PM) earlier by lowering the post-count requirement. I am thinking maybe two should be sufficient to prevent not-so-genuine users from sending inappropriate messages, yet allowing the new, genuine members to use the conversations function. This approach might reduce the number of questions being posted on profile posts also (in case this is a concern for some).

Last edited:

Ruth

Maderator
Emeritus Staff
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in allowing new comers to be able to engage in conversations (aka inbox or PM) by lowering the post-count requirement. I am thinking maybe two should be sufficient.

+1. Have had someone message me on fb (!!!) before because they couldn't PM.

pi

Junior doctor
Emeritus Staff
I think she means her personal fb page haha

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
Hi,

I will take the lack of replies as no-one is interested apart from @Ruth. Can somebody at least enlighten me why not many are interested?

I think she means her personal fb page haha

How does that happened? Maybe it was from an acquaintance.

Sherlock

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in allowing new comers to be able to engage in conversations (aka inbox or PM) earlier by lowering the post-count requirement. I am thinking maybe two should be sufficient to prevent not-so-genuine users from sending inappropriate messages, yet allowing the new, genuine members to use the conversations function. This approach might reduce the number of questions being posted on profile posts also (in case this is a concern for some).

That is not really going to solve the problems. Allowing new users to engage in conversation and get their questions answered (unless if private) is not going to help benefit the board and other users who might have similar questions. This also increases the risk of users getting messages from bots. We've got to come up with a different solution. A solution I have thought of is staff members restricting new users to comment on their profile by limiting their settings.

Mana

Administrator
I agree with @Sherlock here - questions should be asked on the forums for all to see and use the information from later. Private messages serve only to benefit that user and the information is then lost.

Perhaps it would be a good idea if the regulars would reply to (useful topic related) PMs by asking the user to post it on the forums instead of answering it PM (and I'm 100% guilty of not doing this).

I am going to see if it's possible to put a post limit on people being able to post on other people's profiles (as this is also largely lost, but weirdly enough, searchable). Even with a 5 post limit I think it would push people to ask their questions on the forums. Members with more than five posts would then be able to communicate privately through the already available channels.