Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

HSFY 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyP

MBChB Graduate - Class of 2023
Congrats for all those who are already done, and for those sitting Maori this week, good luck!

I'm wondering whether anyone here has managed to save a PDF copy of the HUBS191 and HUBS192 lecture slides for this year? I'm tutoring these papers next year so would be amazing if anyone had these available to put up on a google drive so I could start getting my head around how the content has changed this year. Cheers everyone.

Congrats for all those who are already done, and for those sitting Maori this week, good luck!

I'm wondering whether anyone here has managed to save a PDF copy of the HUBS191 and HUBS192 lecture slides for this year? I'm tutoring these papers next year so would be amazing if anyone had these available to put up on a google drive so I could start getting my head around how the content has changed this year. Cheers everyone.

Hey WillP,

This is my friend's google drive (and yes I asked for his permission to share here).

HUBS191: HUBS191 2019 – Google Drive
HUBS192: HUBS192 2019 – Google Drive

Last edited:
Well, 5th year MBChB exams finished today. Three reflections: a) HSFY was the worst if all five years. Everything got better year on year from there. b) the only directly examined material from HSFY was from epi/public health and maybe there was an MCQ question about thalassemias that I feel like we might have learnt about that in bioc. c) Nobody gives a shit what pathway anyone got in through, or whether you were the first to get accepted in, or got a late offer after someone withdrew. After HSFY everyone’s on the same team. Good luck to the class of 2024 as your offers arrive.

Well, 5th year MBChB exams finished today. Three reflections: a) HSFY was the worst if all five years. Everything got better year on year from there. b) the only directly examined material from HSFY was from epi/public health and maybe there was an MCQ question about thalassemias that I feel like we might have learnt about that in bioc. c) Nobody gives a shit what pathway anyone got in through, or whether you were the first to get accepted in, or got a late offer after someone withdrew. After HSFY everyone’s on the same team. Good luck to the class of 2024 as your offers arrive.
Can you give us an idea of what 5th year exams are like and tips to prepare for it? I've heard it's brutal

Pretty much. However, I wouldn't use the term "GPA" in HSFY. Since they can't differentiate between anyone who got 90% and someone who got 99% since both is just a gpa of 9.

I would assume that they'll compare based on percentage.

True true, thanks for your reply! So we cannot really predict using last year's ranking scores.
Sorry for multiple questions but what about for graduate entry? is it 100% GPA? or would anyone be able to direct me to anywhere I could find this information?
I vaguely remember seeing GPA graduate cut-offs somewhere on this forum for otago med

personally I think the change is a really dumb decision.
We don't have an interview, and now UCAT basically means nothing. This might as well be Engineering, where grades mean everything, and empathy means nothing.

Fili

Dentist 🦷
and I'd imagine it's still top 7 of your 8 (one optional) paper to calculate your best avg score

I would assume it's the best 7 yeah.

For your other question, UMAT (now UCAT) has always been a threshold in graduate entry and everything else is cumulative GPA. If you google "graduate entry med otago" or something you'll be able to find it. It's been discussed throughout the forums in MSO as well.

Zedd_

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if LearnCoach would be a good resource for heath sci given that they have videos and practice questions for all of the papers for first year.

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if LearnCoach would be a good resource for heath sci given that they have videos and practice questions for all of the papers for first year.
Most of their stuff is pretty dated , considering the course refresh. All you need is on the slides in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.