Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

HSFY 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier67

Lurker
Dont let it get you down! You have such an amazing GPA, just keep marching on as there's nothing you can do now about your ucat score. Imagine if we find out mid-way through sem 2 that the thresholds stay somewhat 'low' and you could've been eligible the whole time!

ps. are you in St Margs ? one of my friends told me a ucat score/gpa pretty similar to yours haha, was wondering if its the same person xD

Thanks for the motivation and no I am not from St.Margs ahah

Bootleg

Hi guys. I just did the UCAT and I'm kinda disappointed :// I got 700+ in DM, QR, AR and 653 in SJT but my VR was only 510. I somehow did better in VR last year than this year. My average from semester one was also 98 (without the +5) so I'm just very worried. Any tips/
I think your UCAT score is amazing. Last year the UCAT threshold was 510 for VR, so you would have meet it. I dont think the UCAT threshold will change. Keep going, you can do it.

I am confident your hard work will constitute to a med offer in December.

Mana17

Hi guys, My average semester 1 was 96 (without +5). I am trying to get into med but am really worried about my UCAT, especially VR. I got only 510 in VR, 680 in DM, 700 in QR, 690 in AR, and 631 in SJT. Apparently they only looked at VR and SJT last year for med applications. I am really worried about my UCAT scores. Any tips :)

Fili

Dentist 🦷
Hi guys, My average semester 1 was 96 (without +5). I am trying to get into med but am really worried about my UCAT, especially VR. I got only 510 in VR, 680 in DM, 700 in QR, 690 in AR, and 631 in SJT. Apparently they only looked at VR and SJT last year for med applications. I am really worried about my UCAT scores. Any tips :)

There's nothing you can really do now and worrying about it is just stressful and a waste of energy that could affect your performance this sem.

Imho what's done is done and the best thing you can do right now is maintain those grades.

mideasyrole

Hi guys. I just did the UCAT and I'm kinda disappointed :// I got 700+ in DM, QR, AR and 653 in SJT but my VR was only 510. I somehow did better in VR last year than this year. My average from semester one was also 98 (without the +5) so I'm just very worried. Any tips/

I was also surprised my VR score was in the low 500s this year. I kept getting in the 600-700s in the practise exams. Maybe it was harder this year?

Soldier67

Lurker
I was also surprised my VR score was in the low 500s this year. I kept getting in the 600-700s in the practise exams. Maybe it was harder this year?
Hello, I’m not sure as people have been saying different things about it. Personally, some of the questions and passages were just very weird :( Similarly I was also scoring 600-700 consistently in mocks.

Anne On

Lurker
Haven't been on MSO in a while, but seems to be much quieter these days here!

Here is my basic working with answers for 2019 PHSI191 final exam.

Also here's link to my answers for past HSFY exams, keep in mind they're just my answers so some answers could be wrong. That being said, I got 96% average in 2017 HSFY so should be mostly correct. HSFY Tom Lee – Google Drive

Good luck everyone!
Hi and Thanks
Do you have the questions for all the answers you have done?
Thanks again

mideasyrole

Is it okay to apply for all of the professional entry and restricted entry programmes? Will you still have the same chances as someone who selected only one option such as medicine?

Fili

Dentist 🦷
Is it okay to apply for all of the professional entry and restricted entry programmes? Will you still have the same chances as someone who selected only one option such as medicine?
No. The first preference option only works for physiotherapy.
The rest don't benefit you if you put them as your only option.

mideasyrole

How did everyone interpret the mortality rate question in the HUBS progress test today?
When it stated "which skin cancer has the 'poorest' 10-year mortality rate", I thought this meant the highest/worst mortality rate.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Wait wouldn't "poorest' 10-year mortality rate" mean the option which has the lowest mortality rate?

Not a HUBS student, but that's not how I'd interpret that wording. I'd say "poorest" = worst, not lowest, in this context as per the OP.

ETA: I'd interpret "best" 10-year mortality rate as the one with the 'lowest'.

rustyedges

Not a HUBS student, but that's not how I'd interpret that wording. I'd say "poorest" = worst, not lowest, in this context as per the OP.

ETA: I'd interpret "best" 10-year mortality rate as the one with the 'lowest'.
Yeah agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.