Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoO HSFY 2021

mani

Just wondering what some study methods people have used/do use for exams? I haven't quite found one that works for me so I'm looking for what other people do in both the more literacy based subjects (HUBS/CELS) and the numerical ones (PHSI/CHEM). Thanks!

mideasyrole

Just wondering what some study methods people have used/do use for exams? I haven't quite found one that works for me so I'm looking for what other people do in both the more literacy based subjects (HUBS/CELS) and the numerical ones (PHSI/CHEM). Thanks!
I used Anki a lot for HUBS and CELS. For PHSI and CHEM I would recommend that do you a lot of practice questions that are available to you as the final exam questions are pretty similar to those (especially PHSI)

Pwnter

UoO MBChB II
Hope everyone is happy with HUBS 2, and is in a good position for the exams. Go hard, we are almost there!

Pwnter

UoO MBChB II
Be proud of your effort! It's still an A grade, but just have to pick up the effort for the exam and make it up. Good luck!

Pwnter

UoO MBChB II
Yeah, I thought the multichoice was a bit harder than expected, but the essays were a bit easier than expected. Hopefully will balance out to be in a good spot!

Pwnter

UoO MBChB II
Haha, yeah, spotted that. He's a strange cat. Thank God for AK lectures, otherwise I still wouldn't know what an action potential is with his lecturing.

Pwnter

UoO MBChB II
Interesting. I wonder what's the point? We were all in the same boat. Oh well, we'll see how they go I guess. I'm pretty sure I remember him saying some stuff about it, and then said the rest we didn't need to know.

Pwnter

UoO MBChB II
How'd everyone find that? I really struggled with the the human genome stuff. Really seemed like strange questions. Everything else was reasonably straightforward, but the familial down syndrome and the flaky skin stuff were quite out there.

Hey Guys,
I am staying at Margs at moment but due to personal reasons, I am withdrawing from semester two. My room is becoming vacant. If anyone would like to stay in Margs for semester two. Please message me. I would love to help.

Pwnter

UoO MBChB II
Three down one to go! How'd everyone find Chem? Another exam quite radically different from past examples and standards.

Looking forward to knocking physics out of the way and then enjoying a break!

serotonin

Three down one to go! How'd everyone find Chem? Another exam quite radically different from past examples and standards.

Looking forward to knocking physics out of the way and then enjoying a break!
completely agree !!! nothing like the 2020 paper either and a few of the MCQs were quite tricky in my opinion

Bulgogi

Sem one over!!! Thought physics went decent. Hope everyone’s exams went well. Looking forward to the break :)

Pwnter

UoO MBChB II
Well done everyone for getting thru! I hope exams went as planned and everyone enjoys their break. I'll be re-installing steam and getting some good gaming in.