Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

International applicants

Chzzaw

Lurker
Hi all

Does anybody know when they send out interview invitations to international applicants?
I've noticed that home students have started receiving theirs

Many thanks

Hi there, I'm in international applicant for UoA as well. I got my interview on last week of september. I think they do their interviews on a case by case basis.

Chzzaw

Lurker
Hi there, I'm in international applicant for UoA as well. I got my interview on last week of september. I think they do their interviews on a case by case basis.
Thank you. I've got an interview next week 😀. If you don't mind me asking, what Is the format of the skype interview? My email says the interview is only 15 minutes so surely it's not an MMI ?

hey! congrats! you'll likely be interviewed by two people. that was the case for me. The interview is not an MMI though. Its more of a general interview just asking you about your motivations for medicine and some questions about yourself. It was pretty chill in my opinion and afterwards you get to ask them questions but it wasn't as difficult as MMIs. Feel free to message me if you have any specifics if that makes it easier. Otherwise, good luck!!! :))

suy

Are there any other internationals who have already received offers? :) Suuuper stoked for next year and hope to see you there soon!

014phalo

Thank you! I’m from Singapore originally and I’ve been doing my undergrad down in Otago :)
Oh, awesome. I've been through Singapore a few times, though mostly just at Changi in transit. Have been able to get out and do a tour or two. Would love to spend a few days exploring the city better.

Did you apply to Otago too?

suy

Oh, awesome. I've been through Singapore a few times, though mostly just at Changi in transit. Have been able to get out and do a tour or two. Would love to spend a few days exploring the city better.

Did you apply to Otago too?

That’s awesome :) I suppose you’re from nz?

Yes I did although I’m not really hoping for much. The cutoff was insanely high last year.

014phalo

That’s awesome :) I suppose you’re from nz?

Yes I did although I’m not really hoping for much. The cutoff was insanely high last year.
Born overseas, but have been here for most of my life.

I have no idea about the quotas, entrance cut-off, etc. for international applicants. All the best! Hopefully I'll see you around next year 🙂

suy

Born overseas, but have been here for most of my life.

I have no idea about the quotas, entrance cut-off, etc. for international applicants. All the best! Hopefully I'll see you around next year

Honestly, same. We don’t exactly have the statistics to back us up either. Sure, would love to see you around. All the best!

Chzzaw

Lurker
Bit of a cheeky question but how are my fellow international students funding the course? I'm scouring the internet looking for funding sources but support for UK internationals is non-existent

suy

Has anyone not received their student visa yet? I’ve been ringing up immigration and I haven’t even been assigned a case officer yet :( the semester starts next monday and I’m really worried I’ll have to forfeit my place if I can’t receive my student visa in time. Gosh I feel really helpless.