Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

international student apply for pr

Hi

I am planning to study medicine (international student). I would like to apply for a pr after graduation but i heard it is very dufficult to find an internship.

I just wonder if i can have skill assessment and apply for a pr after graduation (before internship) or it had to be after 1 year internship. I worry that i cant find an internship and cant apply for a pr after 6-7 years of studying in australia

I saw some international students can apply for a pr before internship, i just wonder how to do it as i just finish year 11 and would like to explore more options for my future

Many thanks

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Probably too late to do this now if you were to enter medicine right after year 12.

You won't be able to fulfil the requirements for PR even if you started living in Australia right now, and as a result, you'll likely find some difficulty in getting an Australian internship unless you do medicine in Victoria (which preferences international graduates from Victorian universities over Australian graduates from interstate... and even then it'll be competitive).

There are students who have applied for PR before internship while doing their medical degree as an international student but they are also students who attended all of secondary school in Australia (i.e. you are too late).

I would probably look towards studying medicine in your current country.

Hi

I am planning to study medicine (international student). I would like to apply for a pr after graduation but i heard it is very dufficult to find an internship.

I just wonder if i can have skill assessment and apply for a pr after graduation (before internship) or it had to be after 1 year internship. I worry that i cant find an internship and cant apply for a pr after 6-7 years of studying in australia

I saw some international students can apply for a pr before internship, i just wonder how to do it as i just finish year 11 and would like to explore more options for my future

Many thanks

Probably too late to do this now if you were to enter medicine right after year 12.

You won't be able to fulfil the requirements for PR even if you started living in Australia right now, and as a result, you'll likely find some difficulty in getting an Australian internship unless you do medicine in Victoria (which preferences international graduates from Victorian universities over Australian graduates from interstate... and even then it'll be competitive).

There are students who have applied for PR before internship while doing their medical degree as an international student but they are also students who attended all of secondary school in Australia (i.e. you are too late).

I would probably look towards studying medicine in your current country.

Thanks Mana.

I studied in Australia from year 10. Is there any chance for me to apply pr before internship?

You mentioned some international students applied for pr during studying, do you know which occupancy they have for skill assessment?

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Thanks Mana.

I studied in Australia from year 10. Is there any chance for me to apply pr before internship?

You mentioned some international students applied for pr during studying, do you know which occupancy they have for skill assessment?

They applied for PR in the last year of medical school, after having been in Australia for school since year 7 (their occupation was student... which is not a very fast track profession for this purpose).

Year 10 is probably too late, but you can still try, I guess - some professions get PR much faster than others. If you were a qualified doctor you would get it a lot faster than a student but you would also not get it in time for internship.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads