Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

International Students: General Medicine Entry

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast
I mean who knows when the borders will open... in the almost certain scenario that they don't open until way after the beginning of semester 2 next year, they now have this cohort of international students who are unable to complete the course. Best to start with those who have a chance to complete the course instead of giving those who can't through no fault of their own false hope.

Also not to mention the outcomes of online learning are quite atrocious and really only should be used out of necessity.

A1

Rookie Doc
I mean who knows when the borders will open... in the almost certain scenario that they don't open until way after the beginning of semester 2 next year
The general borders won't be open but wasn't it mentioned sometime ago the government might allow international students to come in sooner? Particularly by end of year the number of vaccinated Aussies should be close to the 70% target, hopefully.

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast
Maybe an 'almost certain scenario' was a bit hyperbolic but nonetheless its still a big if. It would be quite a big hit to the uni if they had to defer a good portion of their cohort who had already started their degree, not to mention a big hit to their revenue stream aswell.

ezzien

2022 Intake :
Checking in to see anyone here like me waiting for the offers from UWA and Monash ?
Also for UOA, any idea what is the min cut off point for ANZ CAT?

Would be good if you can share your ISAT score, Casper, ANZ Cat etc?

fr Spore Student here 😊

kami17

2022 Intake :
Checking in to see anyone here like me waiting for the offers from UWA and Monash ?

fr Spore Student here 😊
Hello! I'm currently waiting for an offer from Monash. They said they will reach out around mid-August. ISAT - 171.

Vassau

2022 Intake :

fr Spore Student here 😊
Hi! I'm doing my ISAT in 2 days. May I know your ISAT and ATAR?

ezzien

Hello! I'm currently waiting for an offer from Monash. They said they will reach out around mid-August. ISAT - 171.
Oh yes. Had my interview w Monash and was told it will be out in mid Aug. Crossing my fingers now… My ISAT score is 178

Hi! I'm doing my ISAT in 2 days. May I know your ISAT and ATAR?
Hi, I have 178 for ISAT. Not sure how it works for ATAR though… which uni are u applying?

Vassau

Hi, I have 178 for ISAT. Not sure how it works for ATAR though… which uni are u applying?
UNSW, UWA, Monash, UQ, UTas. Do you have any tips for ISAT? :) For ATAR, it depends on your school qualifications like GCE A-levels, IBs etc.

ezzien

UNSW, UWA, Monash, UQ, UTas. Do you have any tips for ISAT? :) For ATAR, it depends on your school qualifications like GCE A-levels, IBs etc.
For ISAT, there’s very limited resources. I did what I could at my best effort. It is actually easier than attempting ANZ CAT. That’s tough esp juggling w time mgt.

Vassau

For ISAT, there’s very limited resources. I did what I could at my best effort. It is actually easier than attempting ANZ CAT. That’s tough esp juggling w time mgt.
Oh, I see. Thanks for the insight! Yeah, I agree, UCAT timing for me is hard... Did you apply for UNSW?

ezzien

Oh, I see. Thanks for the insight! Yeah, I agree, UCAT timing for me is hard... Did you apply for UNSW?
Not for UNSW. Very expensive fees as compared to the rest.
What’s yr score for ANZ Cat? I did 2800 at 86 percentile

Oh yes… heard last yr batch offer was on 20th Aug. Counting down another 9 more days.

Vassau

Not for UNSW. Very expensive fees as compared to the rest.
What’s yr score for ANZ Cat? I did 2800 at 86 percentile
I did my UCAT back in 2019 for UK application, so I forgot the score but it was around 70~ percentile.

Hey Guys,

I am a Singaporean student who has done UCAT and gotten 2900. I was wondering what are the chances of getting an interview call for uni of adeliade.

ezzien

HI, Any international students heard from Monash? Had the interview last mth and was told that will hear from them mid Aug.
Hi, nothing yet. Still waiting.

Hey Guys,

I am a Singaporean student who has done UCAT and gotten 2900. I was wondering what are the chances of getting an interview call for uni of adeliade.
Definitely better than mine at 2800. Will know if selected by 9 Sep.

Just called Monash Admission....... They said it will be out next week. If any of u get it, pls do share :)

georgecxq

Lurker
Hi guys I just got an offer! So excited XD. Any groups?
My profile: Applied for UK 2021 but full rej, 2940 in UCAT and high BMAT, Chinese studied British A-level in the UK, 4A* achieved, ISAT 177-77%

Hi, I'm quite new to this forum and I'm not very sure where to post this, but I'm an international student applying for UNSW medicine. I've submitted my UCAT results already, but I've yet to submit my final grades (as school isn't over yet hahah).

Does anyone know if UNSW gives interview offers based off your UCAT score, or do they have to see your final grades first?