Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

International Students: Medicine Interview General Discussion

Rb211

I suspect that most of the International students got an interview. However, getting an offer will be difficult i guess as the UCAT is the second ranking. So even if we got an interview and did well in it, the chances of getting an offer is quite low.

hi! is anyone planning to do BDS at UoA as an international applicant?
Yep I am!

I suspect that most of the International students got an interview. However, getting an offer will be difficult i guess as the UCAT is the second ranking. So even if we got an interview and did well in it, the chances of getting an offer is quite low.

Yep I am!
Hey! I am also an international student. I applied previously when the PQA was used for admission. I was not able to secure an interview back then, since I did not rank in the top 170 of students applying. The fact that you got through to the interview stage, means that you have a chance of getting an offer depending on your interview performance. Remember this isn't an ordinary year, application wise due to COVID. I have heard that less international students have applied due to uncertainty with corona virus so you have a better chance of securing an offer this year, compared to any other year. Good luck with your interview!

Rb211

Hey! Thank you. Have you applied this year for uniADL or did you get accepted into another dental program?

Rb211

Good luck with your interview! I did mine yesterday. I think I could have done better for 1 question as I stumbled and I felt like I was being repetitive. But the other qns I think i did okay. Btw where you from?

Good luck with your interview! I did mine yesterday. I think I could have done better for 1 question as I stumbled and I felt like I was being repetitive. But the other qns I think i did okay. Btw where you from?
Thank you! I had mine yesterday as well. It is alright to stumble on one or two questions, especially because it can be a nerve wrecking experience. As long as you did your best, you should be fine. I am from Canada. What about you?

Hey, how are you?
May I know how was the adelaide interview? I’m having mine tomorrow and have no idea what would be the questions like

LeSpicyGinger

Flinders MD II
Hey, how are you?
May I know how was the adelaide interview? I’m having mine tomorrow and have no idea what would be the questions like
I understand you're nervous. I have a friend doing it tomorrow as well who's freaking out. Just keep in mind that the students who did the interview today likely signed an NDA and aren't able to tell you the content or the general idea of the questions apart from what has already been mentioned.

Rb211

Hey, how are you?
Hello! I have agreed to a NDA and hence I am not able to disclose any information about the interview. All the best for tmr!

Hello! I have agreed to a NDA and hence I am not able to disclose any information about the interview. All the best for tmr!
Thanks,
May I know if you did the interview for both dentistry and medicine? Or only one of them?
If you did for both, were there any similar questions? or the questions and scenarios were completely different?

Thanks,
May I know if you did the interview for both dentistry and medicine? Or only one of them?
If you did for both, were there any similar questions? or the questions and scenarios were completely different?

I have done the interview for both dentistry and medicine but in different years. As far as I know, they are pretty different, they have different sets to pick from.

sanchana

hey! I'm also from Singapore and also in the foundation programme to UoA!!

Yep I am!

shcho0606

Flinders converted my score to a measly 95 ATAR but still gave me the offer. UWA converted mine to 99+ and if I had applied through UAC, my score would have been 99.95. I got 20/20, the MAX POSSIBLE grade points in my Indian High School Board (95/100) raw score. Flinders kinda f**ed me. So you have to contact Flinders and ask how specifically they convert your countries score.

I had a pretty good UNSW interview and they said I should expect the outcome next week. Flinders will give you an offer don't worry cause Singapore removed their recognition its easier to get in there if that is what you want.

Can I ask what you got for ISAT?
I got overall 176 btw.

Flinders converted my score to a measly 95 ATAR but still gave me the offer. UWA converted mine to 99+ and if I had applied through UAC, my score would have been 99.95. I got 20/20, the MAX POSSIBLE grade points in my Indian High School Board (95/100) raw score. Flinders kinda f**ed me. So you have to contact Flinders and ask how specifically they convert your countries score.

I had a pretty good UNSW interview and they said I should expect the outcome next week. Flinders will give you an offer don't worry cause Singapore removed their recognition its easier to get in there if that is what you want.

Hi, can I ask what is the outcome for your UNSW interview?

Has anybody received an offer for interview at Monash yet? I submitted my application in September and I'm quite anxious as they haven't gotten back to me

BoarVessel

Valued Member
Hi, can I ask what is the outcome for your UNSW interview?

Has anybody received an offer for interview at Monash yet? I submitted my application in September and I'm quite anxious as they haven't gotten back to me

I ended up getting an offer from UNSW after the interview in about 6 days!