Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Flinders Flinders Medicine: International Student Entry

Hi,

I’m an international applicant. I’ve just received invitation for interview in Bcs of Clinical Science/Doctor of Medicine from Flinders University. Actually I’m not sure if it’s panel based or MMI. I didn’t receive interview invitation from Monash University due to my low ISAT score. Therefore, I’m kinda frustrated. I’m really nervous and anxious abt the interview. Anything would help. Basically I’m thinking abt what kind of attitude, characteristics are expected from me to show that I’m eligible for this. I know abt medical ethics but if it isn’t MMI what kind of questions can they ask ? Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Mabshie

patlim9

Hey Mabshie

I'm an international applicant as well. I have done med skl interviews before for UK which should be similar for Aus and most other countries. They are basically looking for characteristics like empathy, altruism, critical thinking, problem solving, responsibility, communication and interpersonal skills. There are many overlaps between panel-style interviews and MMIs cos in some MMI stations, they could ask questions they would in panel style interviews as well so preparation wise, it is quite similar for both. You can find lots of useful resources online for on med skl interviews :) Other than medical ethics and scenario-based questions, i reckon they can ask you abt ur work experiences, abt ur motivations for studying med, important qualities, Why Flinders, etc. Hope this helps.

If you dont mind me asking, could u pls let me know ur ISAT score? ( u can pm me or ig dm me @pokphazz_pat if u dont feel comfortable posting XD) I feel like the info for prospective int med students is so limited n i believe that this piece of information would rlly help me + other students hv a better idea of where we place in order to plan for the future. Sorry for the late reply, hope its not too late and best of luck for wtv future has in store for u!!!

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads