Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

International Students: Medicine Interview General Discussion

Hello. I just received my ISAT results today and I wouldnt say i did very well. 160 (CR) 189 (QR) 174 (OVR). This puts me at ~65 percentile. May I know what exactly are my chances of getting an interview offer/admission into either Monash or UNSW? (Q worried that my ISAT may pull me down.)
Hi, i hope you are well!

May I know from where you have received interview/offer so far?
Thank you

BoarVessel

Valued Member
Hi, i hope you are well!

May I know from where you have received interview/offer so far?
Thank you
Hey!

I have received offers from WSU, UTAS and Griffith. Rejected the latter two as they had deadlines but I wanted to wait on UWA and Monash, who are yet to announce their offers (Some Singaporeans have received an offer from Monash tho). Where did you apply to? How did you do on your ISAT?

Hi guys,

I'm an international student in Adelaide, SA. I have recently submitted my med application to UAC and UNSW Medical Application Portal, which required my predicted ATAR and ISAT.

However, only 2 days later (on the 2nd Sept 2020), I received an interview offer which I thought was strange, since I think most interview offers got out around November and are based off the actual ATAR??

Anyone else also got interview offers from UNSW? And how did you guys go? :)

Thanks!!

BoarVessel

Valued Member
Hi guys,

I'm an international student in Adelaide, SA. I have recently submitted my med application to UAC and UNSW Medical Application Portal, which required my predicted ATAR and ISAT.

However, only 2 days later (on the 2nd Sept 2020), I received an interview offer which I thought was strange, since I think most interview offers got out around November and are based off the actual ATAR??

Anyone else also got interview offers from UNSW? And how did you guys go? :)

Thanks!!
Hey

UNSW also sent me an interview offer based on my predicted ATAR :) I have it on Sep 17. How did you do on your ISAT? Are you applying to UWA?

Hello. I just received my ISAT results today and I wouldnt say i did very well. 160 (CR) 189 (QR) 174 (OVR). This puts me at ~65 percentile. May I know what exactly are my chances of getting an interview offer/admission into either Monash or UNSW? (Q worried that my ISAT may pull me down.)

Hi JTJE2412,
I hope you are well!

May I know with the score of 174 (OVR), 160 (CR) and 189 (QR); from where you have received interview/offer so far?
Thank you

jyjy863

Hey guys! Quick update, some of my students have recieved acceptances from UWA :) do check/message your agents to see if you've been accepted!

Hey

UNSW also sent me an interview offer based on my predicted ATAR :) I have it on Sep 17. How did you do on your ISAT? Are you applying to UWA?

Hi BoarVessel,

My UNSW interview is on the 14th Oct. How did you go on your UNSW interview?

For ISAT, I got an overall of 178 only. And I am not applying to UWA :(

I also saw you got an offer from Flinders. I just undertook an interview with them today, felt like I did fine but finger-crossed :)
Would you mind me asking, what was the Year 12 score (ATAR equivalent if possible) you got to receive the Flinders' offer?

BoarVessel

Valued Member
Flinders converted my score to a measly 95 ATAR but still gave me the offer. UWA converted mine to 99+ and if I had applied through UAC, my score would have been 99.95. I got 20/20, the MAX POSSIBLE grade points in my Indian High School Board (95/100) raw score. Flinders kinda f**ed me. So you have to contact Flinders and ask how specifically they convert your countries score.

I had a pretty good UNSW interview and they said I should expect the outcome next week. Flinders will give you an offer don't worry cause Singapore removed their recognition its easier to get in there if that is what you want.

Vassau

Hello guys, I'm new here! I got an email from UWA saying that they sent out offers and that the people who didn't receive it should wait for the second round. I didn't receive an offer, is this a bad sign? I'm a bit worried... sorry!

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member
Hello guys, I'm new here! I got an email from UWA saying that they sent out offers and that the people who didn't receive it should wait for the second round. I didn't receive an offer, is this a bad sign? I'm a bit worried... sorry!
I don't think you could ever read that and not consider it to be a bad sign. Unfortunately, not many people reject medical offers so being part of the second round is often not a place you want to find yourself in. However, most internationals would prefer to go elsewhere rather than Perth so it is very likely that UWA will receive rejections and you would be able to get a second round offer. The best you can do right now is stick in with it and wait it out. Best of luck! (probably try calling UWA's medical faculty to get more information)

BoarVessel

Valued Member

Yo I received one too. TKAO is right as the story is different for international students. A majority of international students from Singapore want to go to Monash or UNSW (Probably due to global ranking, which domestic students find irrelevant but important for internationals to a larger degree). And the people who receive first round offers are usually good enough to receive one from Monash or UNSW as well. So a lot of them reject their offers. I myself have rejected 4 universities. I'm basing this on anecdotal data from many international students. Only if you don't receive an offer till like mid-December you should give up.

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member
Yo I received one too. TKAO is right as the story is different for international students. A majority of international students from Singapore want to go to Monash or UNSW (Probably due to global ranking, which domestic students find irrelevant but important for internationals to a larger degree). And the people who receive first round offers are usually good enough to receive one from Monash or UNSW as well. So a lot of them reject their offers. I myself have rejected 4 universities. I'm basing this on anecdotal data from many international students. Only if you don't receive an offer till like mid-December you should give up.
So you've gotten offers from 5 here in Australia? Wow that's amazing! Admittedly I'm not sure how competitive it is to get in as an international but I know that even from my anecdotal evidence, the people that come to UWA are those that can't make it anywhere else disguised under the idea of 'its in the same timezone' and 'its closer to asia' hahaha.

Vassau

I don't think you could ever read that and not consider it to be a bad sign. Unfortunately, not many people reject medical offers so being part of the second round is often not a place you want to find yourself in. However, most internationals would prefer to go elsewhere rather than Perth so it is very likely that UWA will receive rejections and you would be able to get a second round offer. The best you can do right now is stick in with it and wait it out. Best of luck! (probably try calling UWA's medical faculty to get more information)
Thanks!!! I'll wait it out.

Rb211

Hi guys! I am an international student applying for both med and dent at Adl Uni. I have received interview offers for both. I am actually quite surprised as I did quite badly on the UCAT ANZ and i was hoping to do better the next year. However, now that i have received interview offers I am wondering if anyone else received interview invites despite your ucat scores. I have a good academic mark from the Uni Adelaide college foundation program tho and i meet their entry requirements for med and dent. I was hoping someone could advice me on my chances in getting an offer despite low UCAT.

Hi guys! I am an international student applying for both med and dent at Adl Uni. I have received interview offers for both. I am actually quite surprised as I did quite badly on the UCAT ANZ and i was hoping to do better the next year. However, now that i have received interview offers I am wondering if anyone else received interview invites despite your ucat scores. I have a good academic mark from the Uni Adelaide college foundation program tho and i meet their entry requirements for med and dent. I was hoping someone could advice me on my chances in getting an offer despite low UCAT.

Hello, I am an international student too, my UCAT percentile was 62th and I got an interview offer (surprise surprise!) Not sure about my chances in getting an offer though, although I have to say that I am applying for internal transfer.