Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Interview impressions

vincent168

Stimodont
Is there any possible chance that interviewers can be persuaded by your general appearance (disregarding dress) in a positive or negative way?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordan

you look the way you look and there's not a lot you can do about it, as long as you're well presented and neat they won't take into account your appearance
Just try to answer naturally - if it's something you're passionate about then your answer is going to be more fluent...
Also... don't stress... interviews aren't for AGES! concentrate on whatever it is your doing this year

Havox

Sword and Martini Guy!
Emeritus Staff
"Prepared" as in prepared answers is horrible, just be fluid with your articulation of sentences and don't be afraid to pause - being "well spoken" has huge advantages here. Confidence is the key to success. As for teeth...Shouldn't really matter and there's not much you can do about that.

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Looks/appearance/teeth will not be a factor in the interview. Just dress professionally (what you feel comfortable in) and present yourself appropriately. Never show that you have prepared your answer. It will make you look like a robot and doesn't look natural. Try to learn some basic dot points for certain questions and put them naturally into sentences on the day, when asked the question. Your answers will sound honest and will make the interview flow easier. And pauses are great to show you are seriously thinking about the question. Don't jump in straight away. Pause for a second and reflect before you speak.

Havox

Sword and Martini Guy!
Emeritus Staff
Just remembered - Read Season's article on interviewing and dressing - it'll give you everything you'll need to know. You can access it from the forum home page.

NoobyMcNooberton

Consciously these factors (appearance) will not be an issue, and are not aloud to play a part in the interview process. At a unconscious level, who knows?

soup

Preparation is important, but it all comes down to how the interviewer favours/sees you as a dental/medical/?? student.
lol one of my interviewers in the past didn't greet me properly, wouldn't let me talk for more than a few seconds when giving an answer (i don't ramble and i prepare a lot), and asked me 3 examples of teamwork lol... annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd i failed.

Last edited:

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads