Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Interview Invites and Dates 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icanttypeasd

Monash BMedSci & MD
I don't think Monash interviewed 200ish interstate students. In my year maybe 100-120 at most and many didn't turn up, to the extent that Monash had to call up more applicants the following week to fly over urgently for a top-up round. And there were second round offers back to Vic students as well.

Thinking back, your number sounds like a better estimate of the number of interstate students interviews. There were also definetly students who received a third round or even fourth round offer just before uni commenced.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Just out of interest, did the emails come from Monash or VTAC?

I'd imagine interview emails would come from Monash, not VTAC. I only have experience with UAC, but all interview invites came directly from the NSW universities I'd applied to, not from UAC.

jdkrstn

just for data collection, I got an interview offer for monash yesterday around 4pm (interstate) - I won't be going but good luck to everyone who is going next week!!

crybaby

For those who didn’t emails from Monash - they told me they might contact us at the end of the month after 2nd round interviews...

Just to add to the data collected, I got offered a med spot at Uni of Queensland (bonded) and an MMI interview for Monash. I'm really surprised with the Monash interview since my marks are quite low compared to the guidelines on MSO; but I'm thinking maybe my EAS application for UAC carried over to VTAC (or does it not work that way?).
Won't be taking either as I've already accepted UNSW (1st pref)!

Yuxman

Lurker
University: Monash & UNSW
Course: Med
ATAR/GPA: 99.85
UMAT: 88 (55/56/66)
Special Considerations: none
Application Type: interstate school leaver

Opted to go to Monash over UNSW since the only available times were both on the 23rd.

Reactions: pi

EuXhroma

UNSW BMed/MD II
I got an interview for Monash too! Was really surprised because of my low marks as a typical high school leaver, but won't be going. (Got an offer for UNSW :) )

University: Monash
ATAR/GPA: 98.85
UMAT: 97 (61/56/75)

Aquila

Got UWA but will not be going :)

University: UWA
ATAR/GPA: 99.3
UMAT: 89 (64/51/62)

Do you huys know how many sessions do they have for monash interview? Today .. theres 2 batches.. 1pm and 3pm.. im not sure how many this morning and on thurs..

A1

Rookie Doc
Do you huys know how many sessions do they have for monash interview? Today .. theres 2 batches.. 1pm and 3pm.. im not sure how many this morning and on thurs..

My year 2016 four sessions on one day. Last year two morning day 1 + two afternoon day 2. If no day 2 for med this year it should be four today.

Status
Not open for further replies.