Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Interview Invites and Dates 2018-19

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Do all universities send interview invites by email or do we cone to know via UAC, QTAC etc ? Thanks.

In my experience (UNSW, JMP, and WSU) they are sent via email directly from the university.

ETA: also, and FYI more generally, every year since I’ve been here, without fail, people have panicked about not receiving interview invites only to find them, often days later, in their junk folders *cough* Dr.Potato *cough* so be sure to check there, too!

Numerouno

You get to choose your interview date/time for UNSW, so there shouldn't be a problem if you get in early :)
On the same note, can we get to choose the date of interview for JMP and Adelaide, please? I am holding chances only in these two Unis, as others (Monash. Curtin) will clash with my Uni 1 semester exams in Jan 2019 and Oral presentations of assignments over there. I may sneak in for UNSW (if I get in) during Christmas break for two weeks. Information on JMP/Adelaide would help me to organise my travel plans as I am currently overseas doing Medicine (UK) 1st year. Thanks a lot.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
I am holding chances only in these two Unis, as others (Monash. Curtin) will clash with my Uni 1 semester exams in Jan 2019 and Oral presentations of assignments over there.
If you have a tertiary education record you can’t apply to Monash anyway - same with Curtin unless you have a completed degree (and Adelaide unless you’re a current student there, which it appears you aren’t). This applies to most other undergraduate medical programs in Australia, other than those in NSW that you’ve mentioned, as well as JCU and Bond. I don’t know the specific universities, but pretty sure a lot of Australian medical programs won’t offer you a place if you’ve previously been enrolled in a medical program elsewhere.

Numerouno

But I thought that you can not do that only if you are enrolled in Australian universities but not overseas. Apparently, I commenced my overseas education only after the closing date of all the applications ( I was still a Gap year student...I am still a gap year as for as Australian entry is concerned). I am not sure if my assumption is correct. I have heard of people getting interviews and offers ( soon after enrolling in October overseas) at JMP being in similar cases like me. I just followed their cases. I am more interested in JMP and Adelaide, not others... have I shot myself in the foot by enrolling in med program overseas end of last month!!!:(:confused:

Ruffle

Puffle
Emeritus Staff
But I thought that you can not do that only if you are enrolled in Australian universities but not overseas. Apparently, I commenced my overseas education only after the closing date of all the applications ( I was still a Gap year student...I am still a gap year as for as Australian entry is concerned). I am not sure if my assumption is correct. I have heard of people getting interviews and offers ( soon after enrolling in October overseas) at JMP being in similar cases like me. I just followed their cases. I am more interested in JMP and Adelaide, not others... have I shot myself in the foot by enrolling in med program overseas end of last month!!!:(:confused:
https://www.adelaide.edu.au/degree-finder/bmbbs_bmbbs.html#df-acc-admission
"To be considered as a secondary school leaver, applicants cannot have a tertiary academic record of study from a University, i.e. must never have enrolled in to a Bachelor degree or higher level program at an Australian or overseas University"
Unfortunately, this means you won't be eligible for UAdel.
JMP doesn't say anything about being excluded with a tertiary record, so you'll be fine there. You should be able to pick your interview dates.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator

Most universities base eligibility on whether you have a “tertiary record”. If you have been enrolled in a tertiary degree beyond the census date of first semester, then yes, you have a tertiary record. This won’t matter for JMP as it’s a nonstandard Uni.

Numerouno

Thanks a lot, LMG, Ruffle. Much appreciated. I will try my luck with JMP (5-year program) as it would not hurt in the number of years compared to Uni of Adelaide which is a 6-year stint, and being away from home (NSW) it costs more as well. Otherwise, the program I am currently in is second to none of any of Australian Universities...but the closeness to home, ₤₤₤ affect most and career in Australia (if I want it) after graduation and FY1 and FY2 is unknown.

A1

Rookie Doc
I hope soon because I can't keep eating Tim Tams like this hahahah

By day of week it was today last year that WSU interview invites came out. But no sign of it yet this year, hopefully Monday.

By day of week it was today last year that WSU interview invites came out. But no sign of it yet this year, hopefully Monday.

Hi A1, this is for everyone right? Even including school leavers from interstate?

Hi A1, this is for everyone right? Even including school leavers from interstate?

Yes definitely. Previous years WSU sent invites to interstate applicants at the same time iirc, but more so this year since they have combined the two rounds of interview into one.

Last edited:

Smelly Boy

I can be ur angle 😇 or ur devil 😈
Valued Member
Last year WSU started sending invites 3:20pm today if I remember correctly so let’s hOpE they do soon : )))

Smelly Boy

I can be ur angle 😇 or ur devil 😈
Valued Member
Did you end up applying for JCU or did you not bother?
Didn’t bother because post office would open after the last date & also I would have to gamble money for QTAC (don’t have a lot of money to blow)

Also it was my fault for assuming the first link on google was the form for local students & not international so don’t think anything would have happened

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hey guys
yes I've seen the chart with the particular required umat scores etc..
I want to know what you guys think
I got 50/58/45 153
first year uni
rural

I applied for western Sydney university, James Cook university and CSU dentistry. Is there any chance of an interview anywhere?

Your score will be too low for WSU, JCU don’t use UMAT so will depend on your GPA and written application, and I have no idea for CSU Dent.

L

Logic

Do we get to pick our times for WSU? Or are they allocated? Thanks!

can2608

Are we predicting that WSU emails will begin tomorrow? I’ve been plagued with a recurring nervous stomach ache for 3 days ahahhahahahaha

L

Logic

Are we predicting that WSU emails will begin tomorrow? I’ve been plagued with a recurring nervous stomach ache for 3 days ahahhahahahaha
I thought it would have been released by now based on last year :( Maybe its going to take longer since its only one round now?

A1

Rookie Doc
quote from email: "There are four interview sessions per day – each session has 20 candidates attending."

That's news to me. I thought candidates per session would be multiple of the 8 MMI stations. With 10 per session circuit there would be 2 twiddling their thumbs while the other 8 are in their stations?

Are we predicting that WSU emails will begin tomorrow?

I am.
For the records I predicted correctly one out of three last year :D

maniacfish

With 10 per session circuit there would be 2 twiddling their thumbs while the other 8 are in their stations?
that does sound right actually...i think maybe we were split into two groups on the day ie. two separate circuits run concurrently.