Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide UAdel Dentistry: Interview Prep

Woww! 15 minutes goes so quick. Just had a question for the people who had their interviews:
We're you given an opportunity to ask questions at the end of your interview and also did your interviewer let you know what are the next steps after the interview or did they just end it after the final question?

Thanks guys!
I didn't, did you? I feel like they really want to keep it in 15 minutes and everything is in a rush ahha
But i don't think I did well :((

I didn't, did you? I feel like they really want to keep it in 15 minutes and everything is in a rush ahha
But i don't think I did well :((
No not really. I was just told the standard thank you and ways forward. But I do agree that they want to keep everything in 15 mins. Its hella rushed. And there are also a lot of inconsistencies from the people i talked with. [Removed by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

k123

Lurker
No not really. I was just told the standard thank you and ways forward. But I do agree that they want to keep everything in 15 mins. Its hella rushed. And there are also a lot of inconsistencies from the people i talked with.
Hi, Congrats for finishing! :) If you don't mind me asking, how frequently do they ask you follow up questions? I thought they only ask follow up questions for the scenario based question?

Thank you!

No not really. I was just told the standard thank you and ways forward. But I do agree that they want to keep everything in 15 mins. Its hella rushed. And there are also a lot of inconsistencies from the people i talked with.
Waitt didn’t the interview end right after 15 minutes? I just exit the meeting aftwr 15 minutes haha.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Another reminder to not reveal any information pertaining to your interview that could yield an advantage to later interviewees over earlier ones. The mod team will edit or delete any posts of this nature. We want to ensure that all applicants are on a level playing field - please help us do that.

Ali_MA

MBBS III - Uni Adel
Does anyone know if the interview is meant to be conversational or more like a rigid q&a structure?
Its not a survey...so in answer to your question it is conversational... (if it were rigid Q&A the interviewers wouldn't see your personal character in the limited time you have to show them).

S

Sokka

Just thought I'd add my two cents to quell any fears. My interviewers were amazing, nothing but nice things to say about them. Honestly, it didn't really feel rushed for me, and it felt like enough time to say what I had to say. The couple times that they had to interrupt me was honestly very well done on their part as it didn't throw me off and it didn't feel like I was being denied other things I wanted to say. So overall, just have a smile and give it your best crack!
Edit: If I'm breaking any NDA's please remove this

Just thought I'd add my two cents to quell any fears. My interviewers were amazing, nothing but nice things to say about them. Honestly, it didn't really feel rushed for me, and it felt like enough time to say what I had to say. The couple times that they had to interrupt me was honestly very well done on their part as it didn't throw me off and it didn't feel like I was being denied other things I wanted to say. So overall, just have a smile and give it your best crack!
Edit: If I'm breaking any NDA's please remove this
I really enjoyed my Dent interview. The interviewers were very nice and it was a pleasant conversation.

N

nb

Can confirm interview was chill. There are about 6 others in your same waiting room but make sure you're muted as you're not allowed to communicate with them (exam conditions). Interviewers were also very nice and you could tell they wanted you to do your best and not try and bring you down in any way!

mammamia

It’s interesting hearing these positive experiences w/ interviewers coz I feel I had differently :( They weren’t mean but I got a bad vibe? Maybe it was just my poor interview though.
Does anyone know roughly how many people reject their Adelaide Dent offers because of other offers?

ddyymin

It’s interesting hearing these positive experiences w/ interviewers coz I feel I had differently :( They weren’t mean but I got a bad vibe? Maybe it was just my poor interview though.
Does anyone know roughly how many people reject their Adelaide Dent offers because of other offers?
Mine was the same, went into the dent one thinking they were going to be more chill than the med interviews but the interviewers were very cold but I think its different depending on the interview panel and who you get. Overall I think they were just trying to see if I could deal with the pressure and really try to find out that I was passionate about dentistry and just wasn't using it as a backup for med or something.

JL538

Monash University - BMedSc/MD I
Mine was the same, went into the dent one thinking they were going to be more chill than the med interviews but the interviewers were very cold but I think its different depending on the interview panel and who you get. Overall I think they were just trying to see if I could deal with the pressure and really try to find out that I was passionate about dentistry and just wasn't using it as a backup for med or something.
Was your med interview quite harsh? Just did mine, first panel was formal but not rude by any means, while second panel was really friendly - maybe I've had a lucky run but all my interviews have been really amiable so far

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
There’s definitely a proportion of people who decline offers but it’s harder to say with Dent than it is for Med (where we routinely see huge %ages of offers declined here at MSO where we frequently see third and forth offer rounds). I think the Dent course is generally quite popular and well regarded (anecdotally) so the decline rate may be less extreme.

ddyymin

Was your med interview quite harsh? Just did mine, first panel was formal but not rude by any means, while second panel was really friendly - maybe I've had a lucky run but all my interviews have been really amiable so far
My Med interview was quite friendly as yours was and really overall enjoyable, at the end of the day some panels are nicer than others but doesn't guarantee any bias just was hoping for that positive reassurance with their reactions in my dent one as well.

Same here. It was not positive, but not negative either. I guess it depends on interviewers? Definitely they were doing their work, and it was neutral vibe. My senior (?) interviewer was nicer and professional, but still neutral. Probably, because I mentioned my healthcare work experience, did the questions get more complex or did they change the way to ask questions? It's been my first interview ever since immigration. If I fail this year, I will try next year again. I am in 30s. You have enough time to try agian and again.

JL538

Monash University - BMedSc/MD I
My Med interview was quite friendly as yours was and really overall enjoyable, at the end of the day some panels are nicer than others but doesn't guarantee any bias just was hoping for that positive reassurance with their reactions in my dent one as well.
Yeah, I'll see what the dent interview is like fairly soon - also was it just me or did only 1 of the interviewers ask questions - I don't remember for sure but I feel that is what happened.