Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

ISO-MSO: Socially Social Distancing

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Greetings in isolation, MSO land :D

We thought we'd start a general thread for people to share their COVID-19 social isolation stories, recipes, exercise recommendations, requests, photos, laments, creative pursuits, and any other things you're doing while largely stuck at home, in a bid to maintain some social connectedness for those that might otherwise be more on their own than usual.

Please feel free to contribute, ask questions, post comments in whatever way you'd like with an emphasis on supporting each other and reducing loneliness. This is not meant to be a 'if you're not using isolation to learn a new language or become a master chef then you're wasting your time' pressure thread. Rather a friendly, fun, social space for sharing stuff.

Hey, maybe you've been having those weird pandemic dreams? Share those! I'm a pretty regular dreamer (both night time and lecture time!), but I can definitely confirm mine have ramped up in degree of weirdness over the past few weeks!

To start us off, I know Crow is keen for ideas that extend beyond 'watching Netflix' (though that is a totally fine activity, too!) to add into his days at the moment. Does anyone have any suggestions for him?

Sherlock

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I’ve started to learn the piano which I’ve found is terribly difficult 😳 so no progress report yet on that front. I’ve also been doing exercise outside lately, push ups, dumbbell workouts and walking around the backyard garden. I didn’t even know we had this wheelbarrow!
C74-C94-CE-0-DFA-4-C0-C-950-C-93-E77-DC9-A2-C6.jpg

Encouraging everyone to spend some time in the backyard, who knows you might find something new there as well!

Verdigris

baby doctor
Silliest Member 2019
i made a french apple tart and i was v scared that it would turn out bad bc i substituted the pastry cream in the recipe for vanilla custard bc flour was sold out in like all of brisbane and i didn't wanna commit to buying cornflour and i also bought the pastry frozen bc no flour again and i used normal apples rather than granny smith bc i didnt' want to commit to buying granny smith apples but ANYWAY it tastes rly good and turned out way better than i thought it would :D

Attachments

• yomyom.jpg
    yomyom.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 27

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
I’m addicted to Jazzercise as a full on workout option that is also great for some giggles. And I’ve just discovered that there are a couple of their live-streamed classes, straight from the big-wigs in the USA, available on YouTube.

Shanna Missett Nelson teaches Interval Fusion LIVE on Facebook ps. They realise the video is side-ways before the class starts 😍

This Interval Fusion format is one of the tougher ones, but, for non-dancers (like me), it can be easier than some of the alternatives, such as Dance Mix.

PS, my housemate, who has historically been dismissive of my Jazzercise obsession, has been joining in when I do the classes at home. It is MUCH harder than he thought it was going to be, and I get to kick his butt on the regular, which is very satisfying!

Loving the tech we have available - online games with house party with family overseas. Virtual book club (as usual more wine drinking than actual book discussion

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads