• MSO wishes all applicants the best of luck in the UCAT!
    Remember, it is important not to post content about specific questions until this season is over (feel free to message a moderator about questions that we can collate later) but we would love to hear about your experiences and results!
    Cheers, Mana
    P.S. you can't dismiss this message

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

It's Official! No UMAT for Griffith Dent 2011

illmatic

Wrong thread guys....This is the Griffith Dent thread! For Cool People ONLY
everyone knows UWS has the cool students and griffith has the nerds!!!!!!
UoA isnt even worth mentioning

illmatic

the B of oral health in dental sc has 20 contact hrs per week

sestrooper

when is the last date to apply? i want to think about it over the holidays but i guess i need to apply aswell. btw im at griffith and a GPA of 6.5= 99+. I asked him what my 6.83 would be and hes like meh 99+. Surely they have a way to distinguish 6.5 from 6.83.... and not just 99+.

boxhunter

when is the last date to apply? i want to think about it over the holidays but i guess i need to apply aswell. btw im at griffith and a GPA of 6.5= 99+. I asked him what my 6.83 would be and hes like meh 99+. Surely they have a way to distinguish 6.5 from 6.83.... and not just 99+.
a 99 is a 99. i dont think they distinguish between a 99 and 99.95 either.

illmatic

Well I got 91.65 last year. Im now '98' Im quite sure anything over 99 is a genius.
LOL, according to you all the applicants applying to griffith are geniuses

UMAT Veteran

Just a note for any Griffith hopefuls for 2011 (and anyone else sciency i guess):

If you get in, don't leave studying for anatomy and physiology until the last minute....all the words start to blend together after a while and you find yourself second guessing a lot of simple things like which one is the radius and which is the ulna.

Anatomy cramming is crap!

illmatic

Just a note for any Griffith hopefuls for 2011 (and anyone else sciency i guess):

If you get in, don't leave studying for anatomy and physiology until the last minute....all the words start to blend together after a while and you find yourself second guessing a lot of simple things like which one is the radius and which is the ulna.

Anatomy cramming is crap!
I know, mate im doing the same courses as you are; except for interpersonal skills and intro to dent profession. Anatomy final exam is essays anyway so you need to learn about form and function, physiology im struggling though :blink:

Hutcherson

Emeritus MSO Staff
Emeritus
Same here illmatic :) If i get into griffith dent I'll only have two subjects for the year which you just stated. I think this also happened to UMAT Veteran :D , credit transfer ftw! Man anatomy is a pain. So much to learn gahhh summarising right now....

illmatic

Same here illmatic :) If i get into griffith dent I'll only have two subjects for the year which you just stated. I think this also happened to UMAT Veteran :D , credit transfer ftw! Man anatomy is a pain. So much to learn gahhh summarising right now....
If I get in (and hopefully I waill) i dont think I do any credit transfers, cause you can forget anat and physio easily ie when you get 2 2nd year it will be harder

qickin

i really think they're gonna get like at least 400 ppl from queensland and the rest of australia with an equivalent of 99 atar.
are field positions likely to be used, or are they gonna go to get ops converted to atars and start counting down from the top?
(coz if they require only op1 and use field positions after that, its seeming like easiest med/dent to get into)

Last edited:

illmatic

i really think they're gonna get like at least 400 ppl from queensland and the rest of australia with an equivalent of 99 atar.
are field positions likely to be used, or are they gonna go to get ops converted to atars and start counting down from the top?
(coz if they require only op1 and use field positions after that, its seeming like easiest med/dent to get into)
very true, and now that the diploma of dent is CSP the competition has gone up heaps! :(