JCU JCU 2017 Interview Offers Official Thread

Discussion in 'Interviews' started by Benjamin, Nov 17, 2016.

1. batman_99

batman_99 New Member

Mana, take a chill pill and relax.

2. batman_99

batman_99 New Member

Your point is very true. Although I disagree with the lowering of ATAR scores. I quite like Griffith's approach by having a sub quota (like a certain percentage of applicants) dedicated to rural applicants. But, the rural applicants should be higher ranking at the same time and not just anyone for the sake of making rural doctors.

3. Mana

Mana Registrar Administrar

Resident Medical Officer
    Stop posting rubbish on these forums.

4. Mana

Mana Registrar Administrar

Resident Medical Officer
    This isn't possible, because as listed above, the services that provide support for people in rural areas are often lacking, including schooling. As is such, you can't expect the rural applicant to have higher marks than the urban one - all you need to ensure is that they will be a competent doctor, which you can be with a much lower ATAR than most cutoffs are set at these days.

If they weren't lacking, we wouldn't have this problem of needing more rural doctors, because more of our current workforce would move there - that's precisely the reason why they don't go out to practice there in the first place - lack of services.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about in this regard - why do you keep spouting rubbish about this?

stateofmind likes this.
  5. Grape

Grape New Member

In the same boat too! I'm non-standard from NZ my GPA was 8.5.
    I think mine was down to the fact I wrote a few words after the space allowed in the written application-I was gutted when I looked on the forum and some posted that JCU usually disregard your application if you write more than in the space provided, even if it's just a couple of words :(
    Also, the written application itself probably wasn't what JCU was looking for
    Oh well...
    Good luck for next year guys!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  6. lemons1234

lemons1234 New Member

Hi Mana and everyone else,

Im an aspiring medical student with a rural background (RA4- Alice Springs).
    Im in year 11 and wondering what type of atar will enable me for an interview.
    An information is appreciated.