Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU dentistry 2014 international offers

For those of you that applied for the 2014 cycle for dentistry

I got my acceptance letter today from my agency.
Just wondering if anyone got their acceptance?
I'm a canadian student btw

hoping to find some other Canadians that might be going to australia
please feel free to PM me

Divine89

I'll definitely send you a PM once the 10 post restriction wears away.
Till then, to answer your question: Regina, Saskatchewan :)

drg3orge1

I'll definitely send you a PM once the 10 post restriction wears away.
Till then, to answer your question: Regina, Saskatchewan :)

hey I applied through KOM consultants
If you want let's exchange contact informations? (through PM of course)

are you definitely going?
I'm not sure yet atm

Hey , I'm from Toronto and I just applied . I'm going into 3rd year undergrad and have a gpa of 3.7, worked at a dental office for 6 years, you guys think il get in?

Divine89

Hey,
I think your GPA is okay. Based on my impressions of JCU I think they place much of the weight of their decision based on the supplementary application.
That being said, as long as you conveyed in your application the skills, abilities, and experiences that you have developed (Especially from working in a dental office) and have favourable letters of reference I think you would stand a good chance.

drg3orge1

Hey,
I think your GPA is okay. Based on my impressions of JCU I think they place much of the weight of their decision based on the supplementary application.
That being said, as long as you conveyed in your application the skills, abilities, and experiences that you have developed (Especially from working in a dental office) and have favourable letters of reference I think you would stand a good chance.

Hey,
Thank you so much for your help. If you don't mind me asking, what was your GPA?

Sachoo

Lurker
Im applying to JCU in the next few days and am a little concerned. My high school average is an 85 percent. and i currently study in pharmacy in England, MPharm, and finished first year with a 61, where from what i understand a 4.0 equivalent is a 70.

Any idea what my chances are? Obviously opinionated? Should i even waste my time when the website says 92 percent minimum high school? If you dont mind me asking, with what grades were you accepted?

Thanks a ton!

Last edited:

Divine89

Hey,
You can still apply with less than a 92% high school average (Mine was 89%) and use your university average (as long as it is at least 80% cumulative GPA). In which case as long as you did the required pre-req classes in high school and maintain the minimum 80% university average your application will be considered. You also have a chance to strengthen your application with good references and comments in the supplemental application.

plai26

Hey , I'm from Toronto and I just applied . I'm going into 3rd year undergrad and have a gpa of 3.7, worked at a dental office for 6 years, you guys think il get in?

Your GPA is good enough. I know someone got in JCU from 3rd undergrad. Apply early is the key, I had my interview in early May, and a lot of international applicants already got offers.

drg3orge1

Your GPA is good enough. I know someone got in JCU from 3rd undergrad. Apply early is the key, I had my interview in early May, and a lot of international applicants already got offers.

Hey,

how did you have an interview ? Did you get accepted to med or dent? Because from my understanding , dent doesn't have an interview.

Dayvit

for international applicants, both med and dent schools require applicants to sit an interview if successful.

plai26

Hey,

how did you have an interview ? Did you get accepted to med or dent? Because from my understanding , dent doesn't have an interview.

I had interview in early May, got accepted to dent. My interview was very relaxing. Ian asked me about why do I want to be a dentist, what courses did I take, am I good with my hands..? then we went off topic and talked about my traveling experience. Very nice guy, feel like just chatting the whole time.