Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU JCU Dentistry: International Students

sean1111

Hi Guys

Just want to start another thread for JCU Dentistry 2015 International Offers.

Anyone would care to share if they have got it?(y)

Cheers

Sean

eavetiss

There are few people from Canada have already received their offers. You might want to connect with them and organize accommodations and travel together. The best way is to contact OZTREKK and ask them to put you in contact with those students.

sean1111

Hi eavetiss

Thanks for the reply. Actually still waiting for mine.

Do you know if any offer was made last week and this week so far.

Cheers

sean

Just received my offer today and there was supposed to be 3 more of the last offers handed out today. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Super excited to study dentistry at JCU!

sean1111

congralations for your offer(y)

Just wondering how many offers are there left if 3 more are going out today? How did you come to know this?

Congralations again

Could not send you any PM due to the MSO requirements. do you mind sharing a bit about your background, gpa and what you put in application?

Or we can contact by email: [email protected]

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Havox

Sword and Martini Guy!
Emeritus Staff
Just to clarify to everybody here that to access MSO's Private Message (PM) feature we require 10 contributions (posts) to our boards. The reason why we've done this is to combat spambot epidemics which have flooded members' inboxes in the past and to encourage positive contribution to our boards. Sharing information is caring. Although we understand that it's frustrating not to have access to this feature right away, we ask that members refrain from post-padding or spamming in order to reach 10 posts (@sean1111 , the Introductions forum does not add to postcount). There are plenty of active threads around to contribute to if you're interested in PMing and 10 posts really isn't a lot!

~Hav.

Hey Sean! I have to reply here because the site won't let me private message. Sorry that you didn't make it this round but hope to see you around in the following year! I got in on my first time applying and really did not expect to get in so this really came to my surprise. I did apply through OzTrekk and would highly recommend that you do the same. Adam is an exceptional help that you won't be able to find elsewhere. He has answered my endless questions and he should be your first place to go to for answers. I did complete one year of undergrad studies and came out just shy of the minimum requirements which made me conclude that I wouldn't get in. My high school marks were above the minimum so I think that definitely helped me out! My application was very personal and that is what they are looking for. Don't tell them about what all the other applicants will tell them. Mine was personal in the fact that I came from a rural background and saw the effects of the shortage of dentists in a rural environment. They absolutely love people from a rural background. Another thing I would highly recommend is going to meet the faculty at one of the many locations they come to every year in Canada. They get to see who you are and put a face to your application. Do what you have to do to get to an interview. I think that has to be the most important thing I can say. I was in your position last year reading this forum for tips on how to get in. Don't give up if this is truly your dream because nothing else matters once you experience getting your acceptance letter. Best wishes and let me know if you or anyone else has any further questions anytime! You can email me at [email protected] if you want a private message.

boxhunter

Congratulations guys, looking forward to meeting you all. Who knows you may even have me for homegroup!

curailor0

Hi, I applied for both dent (1st pref) and med (2nd pref) for JCU as an international applicant (onshore, non-standard). I received an interview offer for med this morning. Any idea when the dentistry offers are coming out?

MedEnt101

Hi, I applied for both dent (1st pref) and med (2nd pref) for JCU as an international applicant (onshore, non-standard). I received an interview offer for med this morning. Any idea when the dentistry offers are coming out?

Not too sure if it's the same for international offers... However, you usually only receive ONE offer. Thus, it means you were most likely not eligible for Dentistry...

curailor0

Maybe I get a choice after the interview? International dentistry offers usually come out early October, so I'm trying to be optimistic...:'(

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Not too sure if it's the same for international offers... However, you usually only receive ONE offer. Thus, it means you were most likely not eligible for Dentistry...

For domestics yes you only receive ONE offer at the end but you also receive as many interviews as you were eligible for.