• MSO wishes all applicants the best of luck in the UCAT!
    Remember, it is important not to post content about specific questions until this season is over (feel free to message a moderator about questions that we can collate later) but we would love to hear about your experiences and results!
    Cheers, Mana
    P.S. you can't dismiss this message

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU Dentistry 2019 Non- Standard Applicants

Ayaz

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to start a thread for Non- Standard Applicants to JCU's Bachelor of Dental Surgery for 2019 entry. I would love to talk to some other applicants that are in the same boat as me! How are everyone's JCU written applications going? :)

Nori

Hi Ayaz,

I finished and mailed the application on Wednesday. I'm worried about my application because they only offer 8-10 places for tertiary students. My last semester GPA was a 6.25, but I'm not so sure about this Semester and they weigh the most recent GPA more...

Good luck to both of us ;)

toothfairy13

Hi :)

I also applied as a non-standard (also non-rural). I mailed my application on 27th of Sept. Have you guys received an email from JCU confirming they’ve received your application?

Crow

Most Active 2018
Hi :)

I also applied as a non-standard (also non-rural). I mailed my application on 27th of Sept. Have you guys received an email from JCU confirming they’ve received your application?
Don’t panic, it will take them a few weeks to sort through them all and send the confirmations through. They get a lot of applications! :)

doodzeluxe

I’m in the same boat. It seems like our likelihood of getting in is lower compared to non-standard applicants due to limited places they offer for applicants like us. Plus my GPA isn’t great. But having a solid dental background as an OHT until now and working rurally/remotely across different towns around NSW and Victoria is my only bullet for this application. I’ve only provided 2 but solid referees. Whether I get in or not, I know I’ve done my best for my application. Good luck everyone and don’t stress too much XD.

Question though, will it affect my application if I did not put JCU as my first preference?

Crow

Most Active 2018
Question though, will it affect my application if I did not put JCU as my first preference?
Nope, preference order won’t matter :) Though if you are eligible for an offer for a higher preference, naturally you will receive that over the JCU dentistry offer. Good luck!

Oreo

Hi, just wondering if there was anyone who still hasn’t received an email from JCU acknowledging that their written application has been received? Slightly concerned because last year I received confirmation within two days, and I understand that they have a lot applications to go through but interview offers will start rolling out soon too.

Crow

Most Active 2018
Hi, just wondering if there was anyone who still hasn’t received an email from JCU acknowledging that their written application has been received? Slightly concerned because last year I received confirmation within two days, and I understand that they have a lot applications to go through but interview offers will start rolling out soon too.

To clarify, are you a medicine or dentistry applicant (or both)? I ask as you’ve posted in the dentistry thread, and dentistry doesn’t host interviews. If you’re a medicine applicant and you’ve checked your junk/spam/promotions folder, I’d contact JCU ASAP as interviews will be released this week. If you’re only a dentistry applicant, I wouldn’t worry about it yet until later this month, as place offers for dentistry won’t be released until QTAC’s main offer round in January. Good luck!

toothfairy13

Hi Ayaz,

Sadly no - my GPA dropped significantly during second semester so wasn’t really expecting one anyways...

Next year *fingers crossed*

Ann Alex

Hey guys, I want to apply for JCU for 2020- dentistry. I would be non school leaver and a non rural student plus an interstate student. I am quite qorried, heraing from others taht JCU prefers rural students. is this true?

also i would really appreciate if you all can give me some pointers for my written application. like what sort of things should i add on my application.
ps is there a thread for JCU 2020 dentsitry students?

Toothfairy95

I’m in the same boat. It seems like our likelihood of getting in is lower compared to non-standard applicants due to limited places they offer for applicants like us. Plus my GPA isn’t great. But having a solid dental background as an OHT until now and working rurally/remotely across different towns around NSW and Victoria is my only bullet for this application. I’ve only provided 2 but solid referees. Whether I get in or not, I know I’ve done my best for my application. Good luck everyone and don’t stress too much XD.

Did you end up getting in?