Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU JCU Dentistry Rollcall 2013

SpringTime

The world has officially ended! I got AN OFFER!!!!
(yy)
On a calmer note...can't wait to meet you all! And for those who were unlucky this time, keep trying!
If I can get in, anyone can ^_^

Dayvit

Woooo! I got an offer into jcu! Congrats guys :) hope to see you all soon

DrSim123

Hey guys were you able to organise your timetable already? Is anyone able to help me, can`t seem to find the link in picking our timetables haha

blvc33

Hi, just asking for opinion, which town is better for living - JCU or Griffith? I got an offer from Griffith dent, but I am thinking of changing my preference to JCU

bambi777

Lurker
Hey everyone, just wondering to the people who have received offers, what GPA did you get?
Would really appreciate reply's :) Thank you!

SpringTime

Hey guys were you able to organise your timetable already? Is anyone able to help me, can`t seem to find the link in picking our timetables haha

You have to go on the 'New Students' page on the JCU site once you accept the offer.
Since there are no elective options for dent, you pretty much just have a look at the units for the first year and start enrolling.
I think all the steps are listed on the website anyway. Hope that helps :)

SpringTime

Hey everyone, just wondering to the people who have received offers, what GPA did you get?
Would really appreciate reply's :) Thank you!
I had an atar of 97 but I think JCU's selection is based on the written application as well.
Correct me if I'm wrong :)

DrSim123

You have to go on the 'New Students' page on the JCU site once you accept the offer.
Since there are no elective options for dent, you pretty much just have a look at the units for the first year and start enrolling.
I think all the steps are listed on the website anyway. Hope that helps :)
Thanks SpringTime :) I was able to enrol in the subjects, but do you already have a timetable with the classes and all printed out? Do you know where we can get this timetable?

SpringTime

[MENTION=10353]DrSim123[/MENTION] I haven't got the timetable either. Will we need it before orientation week?
I'm hoping it all gets explained during orientation.

boxhunter

Hey guys, just ensure you are enrolled in all the correct subjects for semester 1. You will be allocated home groups which you will find out about in o-week. As for the timetable, the faculty will provide one around the time of o-week if last year is any indication.

SpringTime

Hey guys, just ensure you are enrolled in all the correct subjects for semester 1. You will be allocated home groups which you will find out about in o-week. As for the timetable, the faculty will provide one around the time of o-week if last year is any indication.

Thanks for the info! That means I'm pretty much sorted for uni now :D

SpringTime

Which is the best on campus accomodation? Which one is known as the "party" campus?

I don't think Cairns has an 'on campus' accommodation?:huh:
There are various off-campus ones though.

SpringTime

Based on what I read on the JCU site, they seem to recommend the Cairns Student Lodge.
They say it's a 10-15min walk from the uni campus and they have the option of providing fully catered meals.
Not too sure about how much of a 'party' place it is but I assume a lot of first-year students, especially those going interstate, might choose it.
They also have a couple of other options if you have a look at the accommodation site :)