Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU Dentistry Written Application

Bridgeee

Lurker
Hi everyone,

I'm in year 12 and hope to study Dentistry at JCU starting in 2012.
I have all the prerequisites and everything, but I'm looking for any pointers on the actual written application.
Things like what to include, how to structure it, etc.

Really detailed answers would be geart, but any help is ofcourse appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I wrote something about applications in another thread. I will try to find the link for it.

" When writing the application you need to emphasize why you are the best applicant for the course. You need to demonstrate this in many ways. It is not meant to be brief but rather detailed and using evidence to support your statements. You need to explain your passion, determination and commitment to the field of X and why you want to study at their university. You need to show your awareness of regional and rural issues in regards to X i.e shortage of dentist/funding etc I supported this with my dental work experience in rural indigenous communities to show that I was aware and interested in that particular aspect. You need to portray that you have the skills and qualities to be a X. Use examples of sports, academic excellence etc And you need to to write in black pen and neatly. Try to present yourself as professional as possible.The application is vital. Try to do as much work experience as you can in different fields and maintain letters of support from people in those areas. I recommend you do rural work experience if you want to show you are committed to studying X at (what ever uni). JCU has a huge focus on placements in regional areas. They want you to know you have an idea in what it means to go into X and the commitments involved. Also, if you can't read your own writing, then there is a chance others won't. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

jdent

JCU Cairns open day is 21st of Aug, why dont you come up and speak to actual dent students?? if you can make it you can send me a msg and i'll see if i can help out etc :D

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads