Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU JCU Medicine: Interview Discussion

rambok

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone happens to know how many places are available for non-standards at JCU please? (just looking for a ballpark figure)

Thanks in advance!
There are approximately 12-20 places for non-standard in my understanding but I could be wrong.

What I was thinking is that if you had another med course as number one and missed out on it does that in any way reduce your chance of being offered a JCU place if JCU is your number 2 preference on QTAC

gulls

Victim of Procrastination
Emeritus Staff
Hey Ben, Has your post been updated to reflect the questions that came up in last year's interviews?

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
Hey Ben, Has your post been updated to reflect the questions that came up in last year's interviews?

Will be updating it tomorrow/tonight. Have only just returned from the Solomon Islands so haven't had a chance!

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
Please Ben. Please update. So scared here :/

Working on it tonight - will post a thread tomorrow morning! In the meantime this thread is very much still applicable to this years interview intake unless things change drastically.

With answers to these questions in general, how long would you suggest spending on one question (eg. What makes you a good candidate for this course?) Cause potentially you could really ramble on and on about it. Like 3 or 4 sentences, 5 minutes?? I really have no clue
Also on that topic, would we be allowed to bring a watch?
I've also heard from a friend (who isnt interested in med or dent) that some interviews allow you to bring in a page of notes. I doubt this would be allowed at JCU but though I'd ask just in case if this IS allowed by any chance?

Jem45

With answers to these questions in general, how long would you suggest spending on one question (eg. What makes you a good candidate for this course?) Cause potentially you could really ramble on and on about it. Like 3 or 4 sentences, 5 minutes?? I really have no clue
Also on that topic, would we be allowed to bring a watch?
I've also heard from a friend (who isnt interested in med or dent) that some interviews allow you to bring in a page of notes. I doubt this would be allowed at JCU but though I'd ask just in case if this IS allowed by any chance?
Definitely no notes. And it's up to you how long you go on. Make sure it's interesting though.