Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU Interview Query 2017 Non-Standard

CODRAL

Lurker
Hi guys

Love the work, just new here however.. never made an account but looking forward to engaging in the MSO community :)

one query i have never seen answered here and always gets me nervous,

Does JCU offer FIRST round interviews to non-standards students based on just the first semester of university results? I have a GPA of about 6.5-6.65 for semester 1.

Thanks guys!!!!!! Any help would be lovely xxxx

bing2185

Yes they do, although the final offers will take into consideration you GPA after semester 2. However, it may be different if you only done 1 semester of university study.

Last year it seemed as though many of the second round interviews for non-standards were first year uni students, which may suggest they wait for a full year of results before offering interviews as a non-standard (I could be wrong though).

I was interviewed in the first round but had 2 years of full time tertiary study at that point. My GPA was 6.63 at that time so I think you will be competitive depending on your written application. However, I did not receive an offer for a place. Many of the place offers I saw for non-standard non-rural on MSO had GPA's of 7.

jay_jay94

Lurker
Hi,

I've currently completed a Science degree and then went on and did a year of honours where I attained First Class Honours (H1) at UQ.
I was wondering if a H1 at UQ is also equivalent to a H1 at James Cook University?

I also know that QTAC is in charge of calculating grades, is there any way that I could check with QTAC to see what my First Class Honours is equivalent to at other universities as I am also wanting to apply for other things.

Thank you for listening to me

batman_99

Hi, I'm a school leaver currently in grade 12. Around what time does the interview offers come from JCU? Also, when does the interview take place (Mid-December? Late December?)? Thanks :)

A1

Rookie Doc

Grape

Trainee Intern
Hi,
I noticed interview offers have started to roll out. Do they consider GPA or solely your written application form to get an interview offer for non-standard entry?

Thanks

A1

Rookie Doc

Grape

Trainee Intern
Thanks!
BUT...
I'm still worried because I didn't provide my GPA to JCU. I believe QTAC requires the GPA before the 8th of December. So I thought I would provide my GPA to QTAC assuming that is where JCU would get the GPA from. Therefore, I can wait for my final results to come out and post them to QTAC before December 8th.

Can you (or someone) please clarify if I have just messed everything up by not providing a GPA to JCU directly?

MedEnt101

Thanks!
BUT...
I'm still worried because I didn't provide my GPA to JCU. I believe QTAC requires the GPA before the 8th of December. So I thought I would provide my GPA to QTAC assuming that is where JCU would get the GPA from. Therefore, I can wait for my final results to come out and post them to QTAC before December 8th.

Can you (or someone) please clarify if I have just messed everything up by not providing a GPA to JCU directly?

Oh dont stress at all... If you filled the QTAC stuff correctly, JCU will automatically retrieve your results!!

But to be safe, go check yourself!! Log into your QTAC, click on View or Edit on My Account tab, then click on View education and experience and then click on Qualifications (this is for university grades)........ And here it will tell you "Results to date obtained" or/and "Results still pending"

greek boy

If you get an interview offer for first round at JCU, does this mean that your written application was better than those who get an interview offer for second round?

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
If you get an interview offer for first round at JCU, does this mean that your written application was better than those who get an interview offer for second round?
Not necessarily.

champagne

Thanks!
BUT...

I am in the exact same boat!! QTAC says "results to date obtained, further results pending" I would assume this is semester one and two respectively. Official results release date is 6th Dec so I am praying for a second round interview!!!

Grape

Trainee Intern
I am in the exact same boat!! QTAC says "results to date obtained, further results pending" I would assume this is semester one and two respectively. Official results release date is 6th Dec so I am praying for a second round interview!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Good luck!

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Guys Im struggling with the same issue. Should my i post my results to JCU or will QTAC automatically receive them from university???
QTAC, like all other admissions centres in Australia, will obtain your marks from your university or high school.