Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU JCU Medicine: General Entry Discussion

Sounds quite odd but I received a rejection voicemail few minutes ago from Ian. He said something along the lines of 'I regret to inform you that you have been ranked 151st and have just missed out on an offer lol'.

Not sure what to make of this but feeling pretty shattered considering they take around 150 people. However I'm questioning the legitimacy of the voicemail as Professor Ian sounded Mexican.

Stapedius

JCU MBBS VI
Valued Member
Theres a class of 2024 group on JCUMSA Facebook
Sounds quite odd but I received a rejection voicemail few minutes ago from Ian. He said something along the lines of 'I regret to inform you that you have been ranked 151st and have just missed out on an offer lol'.

Not sure what to make of this but feeling pretty shattered considering they take around 150 people. However I'm questioning the legitimacy of the voicemail as Professor Ian sounded Mexican.

Are you sure that a cheeky friend of yours isn't trolling you? Because I'm almost 100% sure that the Dean doesn't call unsuccessful applicants, let alone letting them know that you've just missed out by one place - that would be grossly unprofessional. Also - I wouldn't take anything from it because from my phone call he definitely didn't sound Mexican.

Jason990090

Royal College of Surgeons MBBch (grad med pathway)

thats a troll bro.

BTW they made like 190 offers last year so his info is wrong ahahaha

Are you sure that a cheeky friend of yours isn't trolling you? Because I'm almost 100% sure that the Dean doesn't call unsuccessful applicants, let alone letting them know that you've just missed out by one place - that would be grossly unprofessional. Also - I wouldn't take anything from it because from my phone call he definitely didn't sound Mexican.
thats a troll bro.

BTW they made like 190 offers last year so his info is wrong ahahaha

Yeah looking back at it, it was a poor attempt at a troll voicemail by a mate. I kinda want to roast him but I can't stop laughing at the voicemail I should've recorded it.

medbp

Do you guys know if JCU has made all their offer calls?? I did IB and got a 38 (OP3, ATAR 96.70). I'm a local and rural student (RA3). Any chances of still getting a phone call??

Jason990090

Royal College of Surgeons MBBch (grad med pathway)
Do you guys know if JCU has made all their offer calls?? I did IB and got a 38 (OP3, ATAR 96.70). I'm a local and rural student (RA3). Any chances of still getting a phone call??

No they haven't made them all. Last year only 100 calls were made but there were 180ish people accepted. No call doesn't mean you aren't in.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Do they normally do all the calls on the first day or will there be calls up until the 16th?

Usually they're made over 1-2 days but as has already been mentioned, calls will most likely be made to less than half of those who will ultimately be offered a place in the course.

The calls are supposed to relax the successful applicants and ease their worrying ahead of QTAC's first offer round but they have the complete opposite effect in creating a whole bunch of hysteria and panic - this really does no good! Please don't stress about the calls - you aren't doing yourself any favours if you spend the next 5 days on edge worrying about a phone call.

I encourage everyone to do whatever they can to relax and take their mind off of the application process until QTAC offers come around. I wish everyone the very best of luck.

medbp

yea the calls are seriously making me stressed. a couple of my friends have gotten calls and idk if I'm going to get one

can you still get an offer on qtac on the 16th even if you dont get a call? are the calls for people who have been given an offer for the 16th jan round?

Last edited by a moderator:

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
can you still get an offer on qtac on the 16th even if you dont get a call? are the calls for people who have been given an offer for the 16th jan round?
Yes and yes. Read my post 3 messages up ;)

Vogue

Hi all!! Long time lurker here.
I just wanted to post here and say it has taken me 6 years of applying, 1 bachelors in biomedicine at jcu, 1 honours in neuroscience and 1/3 of a PhD. I have finally gotten the call from JCU to say they’ve accepted me. Don’t give up if medicine for you is end-game like it was for me. The road might not be clear but one day it’ll work out.
Thanks guys, you’ve been a great source to lean on over the years.

Hi all!! Long time lurker here.
I just wanted to post here and say it has taken me 6 years of applying, 1 bachelors in biomedicine at jcu, 1 honours in neuroscience and 1/3 of a PhD. I have finally gotten the call from JCU to say they’ve accepted me. Don’t give up if medicine for you is end-game like it was for me. The road might not be clear but one day it’ll work out.
Thanks guys, you’ve been a great source to lean on over the years.

Wow! Congratulations!! That certainly is a long road! I’ve gotta say I have respect for your determination!! I hope you do well with the degree and I hope everything works out! Heaven knows you deserve it! Once again, major respect!

Vogue

Wow! Congratulations!! That certainly is a long road! I’ve gotta say I have respect for your determination!! I hope you do well with the degree and I hope everything works out! Heaven knows you deserve it! Once again, major respect!
Thank you so much!! It’s been so brutal but I’ve learnt so much and developed into such a better person as a result. The emotional struggle has been the hardest, with every year being defeated. This was my second (second round) interview and man did I think my chances were slim-to-none. I’m
so excited to start this new and long awaited chapter of a book that I thought had the worst cliff-hanger of all time haha. I hope to see you this year! Let me know how you go!