Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU JCU Medicine: General Entry Discussion

Desperato

Desperato
QTAC said on their facebook page this morning that some people may not be able to see offers until the afternoon. I had a first round interviewed but am waiting to hear back from them if I got an offer or not....
What does it currently say on where your offer is supposed to be

Banjo

Lurker
if you go to their facebook page it just says that offers may not arrive until late afternoon.... that's it.

Sorry I cant seem to find anywhere that second round offers are 25th jan. Is it wise to keep my accomodation until then or just get a refund now?

Stapedius

JCU MBBS VI
Valued Member
Sorry I cant seem to find anywhere that second round offers are 25th jan. Is it wise to keep my accomodation until then or just get a refund now?

2nd round offers will be on the 30th this year (see the key dates page here; This is my year - QTAC). I would ring your accommodation and see if they will hold your room without any penalty until the 30th given your circumstances. If not, I would refund it and as I mentioned to someone else earlier in the rare chance you do get a 2nd round offer its very unlikely you won't find another spot on a college even though it's quite late.

Edit: JCU Med has a separate offer timeline than QTAC. I've updated my original post to clarify 2nd round offers will be released on the 30th, not the 24th.

Last edited:

2nd round offers will be on the 24th this year (see the key dates page here; This is my year - QTAC). I would ring your accommodation and see if they will hold your room without any penalty until the 24th given your circumstances. If not, I would refund it and as I mentioned to someone else earlier in the rare chance you do get a 2nd round offer its very unlikely you won't find another spot on a college even though it's quite late.
Thanks for the reply! I saw that qtac has another offer round on 24th jan but when I look up jcu med on qtac courses it says the only offer round is 15th. Am i missing something?

DNA

JCU MBBS
OH ok that's allg the email said we had to have them so i thought they meant before the course started lmao. ty!!
I'd recommend doing the easy documents (the ones which you just have to read/sign) while you still have spare time in the holidays + booking your first aid and cpr courses but apart from that, leave everything else which you don't understand and the uni will guide on how to complete those documents. This is something I wish I had done in my holidays before uni started.

A1

Rookie Doc
If anyone got a JCU offer call last week plus a higher-pref UQ/GU offer today from QTAC, please let us know what's happening with your JCU offer (i.e. has JCU sent you a direct email asking you to accept/enrol etc). This is so we can answer future questions on this, thanks.

StevenStrange

JCU MBBS3
that makes 9 of us!!!! I swear they haven’t sent out offers to our group yet
The thing is the second round interviews are only held on one day, while the first round interviews are held over a week, indicating there are atleast 7x more candidates from first round interviews. Thus considering the representative sample of mso (maybe 10% of all candidates), it makes sense that the majority of offers reported are from first round interviewees