Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU JCU Medicine: Interview Discussion

Jangko

Most of the second round interviews for non-standards are reserved for those who had less than 1FTE year of study available by the first round, but received their second semester of uni results for the year prior to the second round of interviews which lifts them to 1FTE.

With a completed degree you unfortunately don’t fall into this category so chances are slim, sorry.
What about people who have completed 2 years? Does that apply as well?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
What about people who have completed 2 years? Does that apply as well?

Unfortunately, yes, usually this is the case. 3 semesters is usually a decent amount of units to get an idea of someone’s GPA. If that fourth semester drastically changed things, then it’s possible, but it would be rare for a single semester to do that under these circumstances.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Is it true the JCU interview offers (Round 2) came out a couple of hours ago?
Where’d you hear this? It’s definitely possible - the guide states Dec 24 is the invite release date and JCU often sends them out a day early.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Where’d you hear this? It’s definitely possible - the guide states Dec 24 is the invite release date and JCU often sends them out a day early.

I can confirm release of (at least some) second round JCU interview invites.

ETA: anyone receiving an invite is asked to please share their ATAR or GPA, plus rural/indigenous status in the interview invite data collection thread.

For JCU specifically, if would also be great if you could indicate (depending on which is relevant):
1. how many semesters of uni you’ve now completed
Or
2. what your predicted ATAR was (in addition to your actual).

That would be fabulous, thank you!

Last edited:
I can confirm release of (at least some) second round JCU interview invites.

ETA: anyone receiving an invite is asked to please share their ATAR or GPA, plus rural/indigenous status in the interview invite data collection thread.

For JCU specifically, if would also be great if you could indicate (depending on which is relevant):
1. how many semesters of uni you’ve now completed
Or
2. what your predicted ATAR was (in addition to your actual).

That would be fabulous, thank you!
Will there still be interview invites tomorrow or should I give up hope now?

So does the place offers come 100% based on interview like JMP? or is it a combination of components (atar, interview, application)? If so, does anyone know the weighting on each of the components?
Thanks!

A1

Rookie Doc
So does the place offers come 100% based on interview like JMP? or is it a combination of components (atar, interview, application)? If so, does anyone know the weighting on each of the components?
Thanks!
JCU place offers are based on combination of ATAR/GPA + Rurality score + Interview (no more application). I don't think anyone knows the weightings.

eli123

Hi, are all interview invites out?

Mod note: Edited “offers” to “invites”

Last edited by a moderator:

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Wait all? Excluding vic applicants right 😅
JCU send all invites at the same time, or at least they have in the last ?5 years that I’ve observed it. Is there a reason Vic applicants would be coming later?
Iv only seen 2 people get invites this round and they have been through atar
The second round of invites is always far smaller than the first so it’s to be expected that we don’t hear of many, unfortunately.