Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU JCU Medicine: Written Application General Questions

rosie.

One way is to get a postage receipt, lay it on top of the JCU envelope take a photo before dropping into the mailbox.
But if you already sent it keep the postage receipt or go back to the postoffice hopefully they can reprint one.
thank you! I just took a scan of the receipt and sent it to the dean. Hopefully that's ok or it gets there by the 30th.

Thank you so much! that makes a lot of sense. I was just wondering for the stamp, if that's the school stamp, or JCU's stamp for administration purposes?
Thanks!!
I believe the stamp is for if you have it signed by a JP (though perhaps your school has a stamp that can be used?) I didn't have my form signed by a JP, so I left the stamp bit blank, and instead just had my witness write their AHPRA number beside their qualification.

light3

Sorry if this is repeated, but I am under lockdown currently and don’t have access to a JP, although my father is a medical practitioner and is able to help with that aspect of the form. He doesn’t have a stamp so what am I meant to include in that area?

Also, what if I am not able to include any referees? Will thatdisadvantage me in any way? Do you know of anyone that has gotten in without including referees? I am notable to include any at present.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Sorry if this is repeated, but I am under lockdown currently and don’t have access to a JP, although my father is a medical practitioner and is able to help with that aspect of the form. He doesn’t have a stamp so what am I meant to include in that area?

Also, what if I am not able to include any referees? Will thatdisadvantage me in any way? Do you know of anyone that has gotten in without including referees? I am notable to include any at present.
Both of these questions are answered multiple times over in this thread so I suggest having a read back through.

ucat3300+

Hi, not sure if this has been asked before, but do you guys think it would be okay to 'hand write' it using an iPad and apple pencil?

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi, not sure if this has been asked before, but do you guys think it would be okay to 'hand write' it using an iPad and apple pencil?
We don’t really know JCU’s reasoning for a request to hand write the form so I’d say it’s probably best to just stick with pen on paper personally. I doubt it would make a difference but I’d be overly cautious purely for the sake of how important the application is myself.

i_09

In regards to the interview (if invited for one) do they refer to your written application or is it a closed interview where they do not know anything about you?
Also, does anyone know if the application has to be printed in colour or not?

Last edited:

borenkar

Does JCU send an email upon receiving your application. Heard that they send one, is this right?. As per the post, my application was received last week but I have not received an email. Appreciate any update.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Does JCU send an email upon receiving your application. Heard that they send one, is this right?. As per the post, my application was received last week but I have not received an email. Appreciate any update.
Yes, historically I believe this has been the case, but the notifications can take quite a while (up to a couple of weeks after closing postage date), regardless of when your application was received. As you can imagine, they have thousands to process.

borenkar

Yes, historically I believe this has been the case, but the notifications can take quite a while (up to a couple of weeks after closing postage date), regardless of when your application was received. As you can imagine, they have thousands to process.
Thanks for that :)

ricecakes

Hello! I am currently last-minute writing my application and not feeling very confident with it... would anyone be willing to give it a quick read through and some comments? I am willing to do a swap and provide feedback also! Thanks a ton!

cherry19

Sorry if this is a silly question but we are allowed to handwrite the first few pages of the JCU application right? (i.e. contact details etc). I'm just asking since the PDF has the option to tick boxes/type but I wanted to make the entire application cohesive

SLP

Bond MD I
I thought they expected you to hand-write the whole application and then just send a scan by email (if that's what you're planning to do).

stuart1

Sorry if this is a silly question but we are allowed to handwrite the first few pages of the JCU application right? (i.e. contact details etc). I'm just asking since the PDF has the option to tick boxes/type but I wanted to make the entire application cohesive
I think you could, but also I think its critical all those details are legible. Might be safer to type and if you have adobe reader, it will allow you to interact with all the components of the document, including adding the tick boxes. Personally I didn't handwrite anything before 'Written component' on page 6 (apart from the stat dec)

Daffodil27

Hello! I've had my applications read by my friends of mine who is in JCU right now, and said my application is quite strong. Would it be worth to start preparing for interview right now, or to wait until offers come out? Ultimately, I won't know if I am going to get an offer for an interview, so I am worried if I will be wasting my time.