Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JMP JMP: General Entry Discussion

Hello everyone! Crazy and stressful time isn’t it aha!

Just to add to everyone’s confusion, I rang
Newcastle JMP today, and here is what I was told.

- Interviews offers come out FRIDAY (for rural, NSW, ACT, QLD, TAS).
- Interview times ARE allocated BUT they said if we have any clashes then we can call up and they WILL move our interview times to help us.
-Interviews ARE done over zoom.

Where is the information about the PQA being cancelled and MSA being over zoom? Ik the webinar said it was possible but I can't find any update anywhere
I emailed JMP and they said they'd give us more information along with the interview invites.
In their words: "In that invitation we will confirm how the interviews will be delivered and what components will be used."

oblong

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right thread to post in, but seeing as it pertains to the JMP I thought this was best.

I intend to email someone directly from the JMP, however, was just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation incase there’s a more direct path to take.

Essentially, I believe I’m likely to get an invite to the JMP. My brother was recently involved in a car accident and was seriously injured. Consequently, my interview prep and clarity of my thoughts has been impacted. Does anyone know if there’s an opportunity to get special consideration or something similar for the interview as it has significantly impacted me.

thanks in advance :)

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi guys, not sure if this is the right thread to post in, but seeing as it pertains to the JMP I thought this was best.

I intend to email someone directly from the JMP, however, was just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation incase there’s a more direct path to take.

Essentially, I believe I’m likely to get an invite to the JMP. My brother was recently involved in a car accident and was seriously injured. Consequently, my interview prep and clarity of my thoughts has been impacted. Does anyone know if there’s an opportunity to get special consideration or something similar for the interview as it has significantly impacted me.

thanks in advance :)
Sorry to hear about the tough time you’ve gone through :(. I haven’t heard of a situation like this happening before, but I’d imagine the concessions they could make would be a) Allowing you to sit the interview at the latest possible date or b) Potentially guaranteeing you an interview for next year should you reapply.

That’s pure speculation from me, but I can’t see them giving you bonus points or a different style of interview or anything like that, unfortunately.

oblong

Sorry to hear about the tough time you’ve gone through :(. I haven’t heard of a situation like this happening before, but I’d imagine the concessions they could make would be a) Allowing you to sit the interview at the latest possible date or b) Potentially guaranteeing you an interview for next year should you reapply.

That’s pure speculation from me, but I can’t see them giving you bonus points or a different style of interview or anything like that, unfortunately.

Thank you! That’s okay, I didn’t think there’d be an overly large concession made either. I’ll probably just email and report it back here incase someone else ever has to go through the same thing - I hope no one ever does, though!

ano123

Hello everyone! Crazy and stressful time isn’t it aha!

Just to add to everyone’s confusion, I rang
Newcastle JMP today, and here is what I was told.

- Interviews offers come out FRIDAY (for rural, NSW, ACT, QLD, TAS).
- Interview times ARE allocated BUT they said if we have any clashes then we can call up and they WILL move our interview times to help us.
-Interviews ARE done over zoom.

What about Victorian students then?