Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JMP JMP: General Entry Discussion

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi guys! I’m looking at applying to the Newcastle/Armidale JMP in the future.

I finished my bachelors this year but my gpa is 5.4 (due to familial issues 😥) and I don’t think that’ll be enough, I want to do a graduate diploma as I believe I can get a high GPA.

I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through the application process with a grad certificate/diploma and how’d it go :)

I’m looking at maybe applying for the 2021 year!
JMP uses GPA as a hurdle only and a 5.4 is above the cutoff for a completed bachelor degree. If you’re only intending to do the graduate diploma so that you can apply to the JMP, then you don’t need to do it. :)

Kezza

Kevin
For those who have already completed your interviews, on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being confident) where would you be? Just wondering how applicants felt without going into the details of the interviews. Thanking you ahead if you considered this question.

Obviously, as I said before I won't go into detail about any of the stations.

Reflecting on my day, I felt really confident and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. There was only 1 station where I felt average, and another where the lady had to repeat the question because I misheard twice. There was not a single question which I had not prepared for and felt, for the most part, I was articulate, able to immediately answer and was generally giving off a genuine vibe. Without the risk of sounding furtherly pompous, I feel pretty good about it and due to the fact that I managed to see at least 3 interviewer report cards with my marks at a glance when they put them down, I'd give myself an 8/10

Reflecting on my day, I felt really confident and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. There was only 1 station where I felt average, and another where the lady had to repeat the question because I misheard twice. There was not a single question which I had not prepared for and felt, for the most part, I was articulate, able to immediately answer and was generally giving off a genuine vibe. Without the risk of sounding furtherly pompous, I feel pretty good about it and due to the fact that I managed to see at least 3 interviewer report cards with my marks at a glance when they put them down, I'd give myself an 8/10
Thank you for your input. I'm giving myself a 2.5 now. Nonetheless, I gave it my best shot. 😩

Kezza

Kevin
Thank you for your input. I'm giving myself a 2.5 now. Nonetheless, I gave it my best shot. 😩
Don't base your score off of me - for all I know I messed it up and am having illusions of grandeur!

Feel free to DM if you want to chat - Did you feel you messed a section up, in particular, or just fumbled through answers to give yourself such a low mark? You are clearly smart to be one of the 800 interviewees - I wouldn't be so quick to discredit yourself.

Don't base your score off of me - for all I know I messed it up and am having illusions of grandeur!

Feel free to DM if you want to chat - Did you feel you messed a section up, in particular, or just fumbled through answers to give yourself such a low mark? You are clearly smart to be one of the 800 interviewees - I wouldn't be so quick to discredit yourself.
Just not confident in some sections. Drawing an analogy here, its like the HSC where one needs to get 85 and above for all subjects to get a an ATAR of above 90. So rhetorically speaking, does this mean I need to get a good mark for all sections in the interview? Thats where the 2.5 came from. Anyway, thanks again just need to play the waiting game now.

Kezza

Kevin
Just not confident in some sections. Drawing an analogy here, its like the HSC where one needs to get 85 and above for all subjects to get a an ATAR of above 90. So rhetorically speaking, does this mean I need to get a good mark for all sections in the interview? Thats where the 2.5 came from. Anyway, thanks again just need to play the waiting game now.
No idea if different sections/MMI stations are weighted differently - I'd assume they are all the same as they were made by JMP specifically to judge characteristics they determined important.

Delusions of grandeur would be a nicer thing to be sitting on!
Except for when Jan 10 comes and the possible realization hits that you tanked it.

Eliden

Year 4, B MedSci, MD @ UON
For those who have already completed your interviews, on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being confident) where would you be? Just wondering how applicants felt without going into the details of the interviews. Thanking you ahead if you considered this question.
For 5 of the 8 stations I'd rate myself an 8. For 2 of the 8 stations I'd rate myself a 6. For my final station I anticipating a 1 or 2, so on balance, I see my overall chances being pretty slim.

For 5 of the 8 stations I'd rate myself an 8. For 2 of the 8 stations I'd rate myself a 6. For my final station I anticipating a 1 or 2, so on balance, I see my overall chances being pretty slim.
Very interesting (in respect to the signed NDAs) I struggled towards the end leaving my overall (all stations) at 2.5 Thank you for your reply.

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member

I look forward to the day you get your acceptance letter then :)

Kezza

Kevin
Out of curiosity - which station are you referring to here with the "1 or 2" - if its possible to be subtle without giving anything away or either DM me. Wondering if its the same one!

Eliden

Year 4, B MedSci, MD @ UON
Out of curiosity - which station are you referring to here with the "1 or 2" - if its possible to be subtle without giving anything away or either DM me. Wondering if its the same one!
The woman with the accent.

A1

Rookie Doc
Thoughts on if you need all eight stations to go really well or if you can mess up one station???

I know we are talking JMP in this thread but we have had an MSO member saying he messed up one station plus did poorly in another at WSU and later got an unbonded offer.

If they have a disqualify rule it would be based on more than one station, for example it's failing three or more stations at UMelb. Otherwise the ranking will just be based on your total score of 8 stations (oh plus the PQA which I don't know how it is used).